Who is happy with The Trade?

Old Socks

You got a proven #1 starter for a 9th place hitter and a prospect.

I know that simplifies it, and perhaps unfairly so, but I'm tired of having loyalty to individual players, I would rather see a real legit shot at winning.

You got a proven #1 starter for a 9th place hitter and a prospect.

I know that simplifies it, and perhaps unfairly so, but I'm tired of having loyalty to individual players, I would rather see a real legit shot at winning.

That's greatly put it into perspective. I was iffy on it yesterday, but as the hours went on, the more I end up liking this trade. This trade was necessary for the success of the ballclub. We needed a SP, and KW got the best available.

I'm happy but I want the LH Moyer here as well. His 2001 post season 3-0 2.6 era is just the kind of experience we need on the SOX to win more than just the division.

I want to go to battle in Oct with Garcia, Buehrle, E-LO, & Moyer.

So KW pick up the phone again & bug the s*** out of the Seattle GM until Moyer is a member of the White Sox. We know we can outbid the Yanks on talent :lol:

I am not happy at all actually.

After I've had time to think of it, how is it any different than having a guy like Colon last year? I don't think Garcia is that much better than Bartolo, if even better at all.

And we had to give up our best prospect and young stud catcher to make it happen.

If Garcia doesn't resign, this deal is the final straw for KW in my eyes.

He'll have a lot of explaining to do on a cold weekend in early February if we are left without Garcia after the season. And I will be one of the main participants in the questioning.

I am not happy at all actually.

After I've had time to think of it, how is it any different than having a guy like Colon last year?  I don't think Garcia is that much better than Bartolo, if even better at all.

And we had to give up our best prospect and young stud catcher to make it happen.

If Garcia doesn't resign, this deal is the final straw for KW in my eyes.

He'll have a lot of explaining to do on a cold weekend in early February if we are left without Garcia after the season.  And I will be one of the main participants in the questioning.

What's to explain. You know his reasoning. We were in desperate need of a starter and KW got the best available.

What's to explain.  You know his reasoning.  We were in desperate need of a starter and KW got the best available.

True.

But wouldn't you rather have Unit-Garcia as 1-2 in Fenway versus Pedro-Shilling than Garcia-Burhle?

Or Unit-Garcia-Buerhle-Loaiza instead of Garcia-Buerhle-Loaiza-Garland should Sox reach ALCS?

All this talk of getting Andruw Jones......A no-trade clause aside, why couldn't Sox use that money on Unit instaed? You can't tell me Andruw "I went 1 for 17 last year against stud Cub pitchers in NLDS" Jones gives you a better chance to win the Series in 2004 and hopefully in 2005 than Randy Johnson does. Could it hurt the Sox to at least try and get him? Who knows, he may think it could be fun to win a ring in AL as well, and wave his no-trade clause? Weirder things have been known to happen.....

True.

But wouldn't you rather have Unit-Garcia as 1-2 in Fenway versus Pedro-Shilling than Garcia-Burhle?

Or Unit-Garcia-Buerhle-Loaiza instead of Garcia-Buerhle-Loaiza-Garland should Sox reach ALCS?

All this talk of getting Andruw Jones......A no-trade clause aside, why couldn't Sox use that money on Unit instaed?    You can't tell me Andruw "I went 1 for 17 last year against stud Cub pitchers in NLDS" Jones gives you a better chance to win the Series in 2004 and hopefully in 2005 than Randy Johnson does.    Could it hurt the Sox to at least try and get him?  Who knows, he may think it could be fun to win a ring in AL as well, and wave his no-trade clause?    Weirder things have been known to happen.....

Sure. I'd love to have RJ take the ball in game one. But, I just don't see it happening. I don't think Johnson OK's any deals. Based on that belief on my part, I look at other alternatives.

Sure.  I'd love to have RJ take the ball in game one.  But, I just don't see it happening.  I don't think Johnson OK's any deals.  Based on that belief on my part, I look at other alternatives.

Ok, say he WERE to ok the deal......

Do you think Sox go after him with 2 months to go in the regular season?

Getting Garcia tells me Sox are effin' serious about postseason. Well, Unit (if his knee is healthy) is the great equalizer - he'll take pressure off Garcia and Buerhle as well.

Since somebody mentioned Sox might be doing Jones for prospects, that means JR is willing to spend 4-5 Mill for 2-3 months of service. If that's the case......screw Jones, use thaty money to get Randy Johnson - at least make a friggin' ATTEMPT.

Ok, say he WERE to ok the deal......

Do you think Sox go after him with 2 months to go in the regular season? 

Getting Garcia tells me Sox are effin' serious about postseason. Well, Unit (if his knee is healthy) is the great equalizer - he'll take pressure off Garcia and Buerhle as well. 

Since somebody mentioned Sox might be doing Jones for prospects, that means JR is willing to spend 4-5 Mill for 2-3 months of service.  If that's the case......screw Jones, use thaty money to get Randy Johnson - at least make a friggin' ATTEMPT.

Done. I with you on that.

Since somebody mentioned Sox might be doing Jones for prospects, that means JR is willing to spend 4-5 Mill for 2-3 months of service.

you still dont understand that if we get Jones that he will be here until 2007 because of a current contract?

Jones isnt a rent-a-player

you still dont understand that if we get Jones that he will be here until 2007 because of a current contract?

Jones isnt a rent-a-player

Getting Johnson still makes more sense. Since his contract is gauranteed through only 2005.