Minny Star-Tribune

Texsox

Twins not worried about Garcia

Righthander Freddy Garcia is now a member of the White Sox, the latest player Chicago has added in its attempts to overtake the Twins in the AL Central.

Just like Roberto Alomar and Carl Everett last July.

Just like Bartolo Colon before the 2003 season.

And while the Twins were complimentary of Garcia's talents on Monday, they also pointed out that recent history shows they have overcome whatever moves the White Sox have made. The Twins have won the past two Central titles, and players exuded confidence that the 2004 race was not decided with Chicago's acquisition of an All-Star pitcher on Sunday.

Much more at link.

I found this interesting,

The Twins were interested in Garcia before he was dealt to the White Sox, an indication that GM Terry Ryan might think his club also needs another veteran arm in the rotation. Ryan has previously said he believes the club's biggest problems have been related to the offense.

I'd be saying the same thing if I were them. In fact, I'd bet most of you would be talking the same way if the situation was reversed.  Let 'em talk.  It means nothing.

Yep. Yep. Yep. That is all.

I found this interesting,

The Twins were interested in Garcia before he was dealt to the White Sox, an indication that GM Terry Ryan might think his club also needs another veteran arm in the rotation. Ryan has previously said he believes the club's biggest problems have been related to the offense.

Maybe they should have re-signed Kenny Rogers.

Why would they concede the division to us now that we have Garcia?

We had Colon last year and they still took us down...

We need to take 2 out of 3 in this series and it starts tonight with Buehrle getting back on track.

Until our magic number is ZERO, they're the champs and they have the right to talk all the smack they want. Up to the Sox to shut them up.

SO because they won the division LAST YEAR they can talk s*** for this year??

Its a new season, no one is the Central Division Champ yet... No one cares what you did last year, thats LAST YEAR... You gotta worry about this year, and this year is the Sox year..

We dont need to talk s***, let Minnesota talk s*** about last year...

As far as I can see we are the only team in the division making the moves to make a run at not only the Central Title, but the World Series.. Minnesota on the other hand hasnt done anything yet, and they have a lot of weak points...

but they won Last Year so its all good for them :P

And the Twins are the team to beat, not the Sox...as they have proven the past two seasons by beating our ass with a less talented team.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. But I would just like to add that those who do not learn from their history are doomed to repeat it.

I would also like to add that anyone who is sleeping on the Twins now that we got Garcia deserves a swift kick in the balls.

We had Colon, a front line starter, all of last year and it got us nowhere.

Perhaps the real difference will be "Ozzie ball," which in Hawk's dream world is only talked about when we are playing well. :lol:

Sox just need to focus on playing ball and doing there thing. Let the Twins do what they want. They are still the frontrunners for this division and will be until the Sox have the division clinched.

I've leraned one thing over the years and thats no matter what don't count out the Twins. They play good baseball and get wins and well have been the playoffs more then we have this decade.

Way too f***ing early.

Exactly, it's crazy how people are all of the sudden thinking we are just going to blow away the Twins.

Expect a fight to the finish and nothing less, even with their mediocre pitching staff.