Timo Perez

Jordan4life_2007

I think 90% of forum-goers should be enjoying that crow with you, including myself.

Timo has been a great addition. His strange catches in the outfield, while scary, and may some day hurt him, once, maybe twice, aren't really too big of a deal.

I can tell Timo is having lots of fun in the clubhouse. After he hit the homer against the Cubs, him and Willie were high-fiving and having all sorts of fun in the dugout.

Timo's no catalyst. He's great for our chemistry.

I gotta give the guy props.  He's been steppin up big-time of late.  I've been back n forth with this guy all year long.  He's still a crappy baserunner.  Other than that he's been solid.

I havent had much of an opinion either way on him but he's certainly stepping up big time since he's been here.

WTG TIMO!!

:headbang

In a masochisitic sort of way, the absence of Maggs has been good for this team. There have been a lot of ABs that would have gone to Maggs, that have gone to Timo, Ross, Rowand, Burke, and Harris. And props to Ozzie for always seeming to have the right guy in there on a particular night. These successes now could be huge when we need guys down the stretch.

In a masochisitic sort of way, the absence of Maggs has been good for this team.  There have been a lot of ABs that would have gone to Maggs, that have gone to Timo, Ross, Rowand, Burke, and Harris.  And props to Ozzie for always seeming to have the right guy in there on a particular night.  These successes now could be huge when we need guys down the stretch.

That is exactly why Ozzie didn't want to promote Borchard or "that other guy" when Maggs went down.

In a masochisitic sort of way, the absence of Maggs has been good for this team.  There have been a lot of ABs that would have gone to Maggs, that have gone to Timo, Ross, Rowand, Burke, and Harris.  And props to Ozzie for always seeming to have the right guy in there on a particular night.  These successes now could be huge when we need guys down the stretch.

It's shown we can survive without Maggs too. I think a lot more Sox fans are more tolerant to Maggs leavin now than a month ago, especially with the addition of Freddy.

Isn't that something if we could be in 1st place or better when Mags comes back? I think we were 2 back when he went on the DL. I just wanted the team to maintain that kind of gap to hang in there until Mags came back. Nice job Sox! :headbang

I need to eat some of this crow myself.

While I didn't like his lazyness at the beginning of the year he has been absolutely awsome lately and from what I can see busting his butt.

As long as he doesn't slip back into his selfish lazy mode then i'm glad he's on the team...

That being said I still think AROW should be the starting CF :bang

It's really going to be interesting what happens with our OF when Magglio finally comes back.  Does anyone think one will get the job over the other or will they platoon out there?

Hey. It's a good problem for Ozzie to have. Who sits this game? Valentin, Harris, Uribe or Crede? Also, Rowand, Harris, Perez or Gload. Ozzie will mix and match based on who's hot, past history vs. the opposing pitcher, line up balance, defensive abilities, etc. Not a bad scenario at all.

What I find funny is, a month ago, a couple certain people (I don't remember quite who) were ripping Kenny for trading Ginter for Perez.

Where the hell are you people now? Since then, Ginter's ERA has gone up to 4.53 with a WHIP of 1.40.

Anyways - way to go Timo! :headbang

Isn't that something if we could be in 1st place or better when Mags comes back?  I think we were 2 back when he went on the DL.  I just wanted the team to maintain that kind of gap to hang in there until Mags came back.  Nice job Sox! :headbang

We were tied for 1st at 26-19 when he went down.

What I find funny is, a month ago, a couple certain people (I don't remember quite who) were ripping Kenny for trading Ginter for Perez.

Where the hell are you people now?  Since then, Ginter's ERA has gone up to 4.53 with a WHIP of 1.40.

Anyways - way to go Timo!  :headbang

I think I was one of them. But, as you can see i've admitted that I was wrong.