Sox Schedule after the break

It seemed like we had a lot of offdays in the first half of the year, so I looked at our schedule for the second half. Before rescheduling the Phillies makeup game, we were going to play 44 games in 46 days between the first game after the break and August 30. Now with losing the offday on 8/30 we play 58 games in 60 days!!

During that period is when the 5th starter will have to step up. Not to mention the first 4 starters and the pen.

This season will be won in August, while the Twinks play an absolute killer August we get a steady diet of Detroit, Cleveland, and KC. Simply put, we dominate those 3 teams in August, we win the division. EOS.

August is important, but look at the last 20 games... 6 against the Twins and 14 against KC and Det. That's when we can really pull this thing out!

It seemed like we had a lot of offdays in the first half of the year, so I looked at our schedule for the second half. Before rescheduling the Phillies makeup game, we were going to play 44 games in 46 days between the first game after the break and August 30. Now with losing the offday on 8/30 we play 58 games in 60 days!!

During that period is when the 5th starter will have to step up. Not to mention the first 4 starters and the pen.

Although the consecutive games are concerning, it's why you have depth and keep them fresh all season as Ozzie has. If we can gain a comfortable lead in the division, our bench can step in and give our guys the rest they need down the stretch.

This season will be won in August, while the Twinks play an absolute killer August we get a steady diet of Detroit, Cleveland, and KC. Simply put, we dominate those 3 teams in August, we win the division. EOS.

cleveland is playing good ball and if we remember back to last year detroit , who lost 120 games beat us 8 times...be careful what you wish for...the sox seem to play better ball against the better teams...

Cleveland and Detroit are not an easy team to beat. Both of them are threats and can easily send us to second or third place, that is if they are still close to first place like right now.

Cleveland and Detroit are not an easy team to beat. Both of them are threats and can easily send us to second or third place, that is if they are still close to first place like right now.

Well see where they both lie come August...

I doubt either of them are anywhere near contention

Well see where they both lie come August...

I doubt either of them are anywhere near contention

We played okay against Clev last year, but Detroit??!? Worst record in baseball, and we couldn't beat them. Being in contention has nothing to do with how well we play a team.

Upcoming Schedule (brought to you by my cheap refrigerator magnet)

July

6,7,8 Anaheim (home)

9,10,11 Seattle (home)

Oakland, Texas Cleveland 15-22

Detroit, Minnesota (home) 23-28

Detroit, 20-August 1st.

I wouldn't say anything yet, things could happen, but Seattle and Anaheim will be tough as well as Cleveland.

I finally am not worried about Minnesota!

Upcoming Schedule (brought to you by my cheap refrigerator magnet)

July

6,7,8 Anaheim (home)

9,10,11 Seattle (home)

Oakland, Texas Cleveland 15-22

Detroit, Minnesota (home) 23-28

Detroit, 20-August 1st.

I wouldn't say anything yet, things could happen, but Seattle and Anaheim will be tough as well as Cleveland.

I finally am not worried about Minnesota!

It's hard to project at this point how tough Seattle will be. If they go into complete sell off mode, and move Moyer and Guardado for kids, not so tough anymore.