Did anyone catch baseball tonight last night??

baddoz11

I wouldn't put much stock in that prediction. What happened to the cub? :lol:

I think it all depends on Scott Schoenweis going forward & hopefully he will return before the trade deadline. I think that's the way KW is looking at things as well.

Scott was doing a fairly good job until he tried to throw with pain. He was still pitching competitively & keeping the SOX in ball games in that time. Scott has proven to KW that he has a warrior's mentality on the mound. It's rare to find such guys .. especially LHers. But with Scott it's all about health. KW needs to see that he is healthy enough

for a lot of innings the rest of the way.

If Scott is healthy then I think the SOX are set. I don't see any pitcher left (w the exception of Moyer) that can give the SOX a better chance of winning then SS.

To go to battle with 2 strong LHers & 2 strong RHers in the post season is both rare

& exceptional.

Dropping Garland to #5 fills out one of the best 1-5 rotation in the AL.

With respect to the bullpen, Jackson's out. Adkins has proven himself & Politte's resurgence makes Jackson less valuable to the SOX.

A bullpen of

Shingo, Marte, Politte, Cotts, Adkins, (Diaz/Rauch) again ranks as one of the best in the AL.

As for the lineup well it's still undecided what to do with Maggs. What's making this

decision worse is the time it's going to take for him to get his timing back. If you can make a deal for a solid talent in return that is ready to play & a near lock to help the SOX win it might be the best path to take. Andruw Jones fits that bill because he has a strong bat against RHers (rare on the SOX) & he's a 5 type GG CFer. Probably the best glove CFer in the game. But there's no way AJ is worth Maggs straight up so either ATL needs to throw in cash or Estrada. Shoring up the middle D with AJ & Estrada would probably be the best move right now. If it can be had for the right price.

I think Alomar, Burke, & Davis all have their weaknesses. I don't know about Davis

but Alomar & Burke are weak in throwing runners out. That could be a weakness exploited in the post.

Last 2 series winners: Angels, Marlins

Were they the most talented teams in their years? Doubtful at best

You get to the playoffs and see what happens. Plus, the Yankees have not been their normal invincible selves the last few years, not by any means.

Can people stop fantasizing about Randy Johnson? As of right now there have been no talks & no indication that the D'Backs or RJ are willing to part. It's just some fantasy of the Boss' & the reality is that it's highly unlikely he gets traded.

At this juncture if Ben Sheets becomes available JR needs to wine & dine Selig to letting us get him. It's good for baseball.

Can people stop fantasizing about Randy Johnson?  As of right now there have been no talks & no indication that the D'Backs or RJ are willing to part. It's just some fantasy of the Boss' & the reality is that it's highly unlikely he gets traded.

At this juncture if Ben Sheets becomes available JR needs to wine & dine Selig to letting us get him.  It's good for baseball.

Good for baseball? Not even close

Last 2 series winners: Angels, Marlins

Were they the most talented teams in their years? Doubtful at best

You get to the playoffs and see what happens. Plus, the Yankees have not been their normal invincible selves the last few years, not by any means.

Yes, but both those teams had high-power offenses & light's out arms.

The Angels in particular had a slightly above-avg rotation but light's out bullpen.

When you're scoring 15 on one night, and then 1 the following night, the statistics don't matter.  You all know this, but this little 4 game winning streak has you all blinded by the light.

Bliiiiinded by the liiiggghhhtt

And a 4 game losing streak=chaos on this board. :unsure: Pure chaos.  That's what I'm referring to when I mention living for the moment.

Lately our offense hasn't been so feast-or-famine, or so it seems.

When you're scoring 15 on one night, and then 1 the following night, the statistics don't matter.  You all know this, but this little 4 game winning streak has you all blinded by the light.

And a 4 game losing streak=chaos on this board. :unsure: Pure chaos.  That's what I'm referring to when I mention living for the moment.

To all of those who continue to live for the moment: :nono

We win 5 in a row, and we're the greatest! We lose 5 in a row, and we're the worst team in the majors? How does that work? :huh

Come on, people. Get your s*** together.

I agree with all your points and I definately think our infield defense is comparable to theirs, maybe even better. Konerko and Giambi is a push. I believe Uribe has the edge against whoever they throw out there. Crede is better than ARod at third base defensively. Jose is not that much lower than Jeter defensively if at all.

Jose is not much lower than Jeter WHAT? Jeter is a great fielder, Valentin is avg, how can you compare? Also, our line up can match with theirs? wtf? I understand statistically, our line up has produced more than theirs, but in the playoffs which would you rather have?

Jose is not much lower than Jeter WHAT? Jeter is a great fielder, Valentin is avg, how can you compare? Also, our line up can match with theirs? wtf? I understand statistically, our line up has produced more than theirs, but in the playoffs which would you rather have?

Jeter is a mediocre, at best, defensive shortstop.

To all of those who continue to live for the moment: :nono

We win 5 in a row, and we're the greatest!  We lose 5 in a row, and we're the worst team in the majors?  How does that work? :huh

Come on, people.  Get your s*** together.

:headbang