Current road trip

Soxfest

After taking 2 out 3 from Cubs and getting FG, I was just hoping to go 3-3 on this trip to at least keep positive feel, but this trip has the makings of a 5-1, 6-0 trip. Sox are about to take off, still feel Atlanta trade would really solidify deep playoff run, but things are looking real positive with Minn still having to play the Yankees who had the Twins number whenever they play really helps. It is a fun time to be a Sox fan :fthecubs

and how did we feel a week ago?

two weeks ago we thought the Indians were going to over take us. now they're behind Detroit.

don't get to high; don't get to low. it's a long season.

"Ohh take your time... Don't live too fast,

Troubles will come, and they will pass."

-Simple Kind of Man, Lynard Skynyrd

don't get to high; don't get to low.  it's a long season.

Exactly. I just hope Ozzie keeps the team grounded. They're getting so much respect right now. Ozzie does seem like the right guy to do it though; he just went through this same thing with the Marlins last year. Damn, I'm so giddy right now. :lol:

two weeks ago we thought the Indians were going to over take us.  now they're behind Detroit.

Aaaaaaahhhh.....the SWEET SOUND of logic!!!

I'm not going to worry one bit about the standings until September - I'm just going to watch and enjoy the White Sox.

two weeks ago we thought the Indians were going to over take us.  now they're behind Detroit.

"It's a long season, and you gotta trust it."

Bull Durham

I believe it was aboz who started some thread that was like

"A Realistic look at where we could be by the All Star break"

and he had us "realistically" looking at being back by 5 -6 games or so

Plus im seeing a lot of people saying "blah blah blah dont count out the Twins, blah blah blah"

Wake up guys, the Twins are an average team.. They can sneak up and steal one from you IF you make stupid mistakes.. They have had an easy schedule so far this year and we have OWNED them (6 - 3 Overall, 5 - 1 in the Metrodome) Take a look at August and September

White Sox August Opponents

KC (5) DET (7) BOS (6) CLE (8)

Twins August Opponents

ANA (6) BOS (1) NYY (3) OAK (4) TEX (4) SEA (3) CLE (6)

Thats just August, now look at September..

White Sox September Opponents

MIN (6) KC (5) DET (6) OAK (2) TEX (4) ANA (3) SEA (3)

Twins September Opponents

NYY (3) CLE (4) CHW (6) BAL (6) TEX (2) KC (3) DET (4)

Man of Steel, I'm getting excited too, and I like our chances. However, the Twins are always a scrappy team. They're going to go on a hot streak in the season. Remember how great everything was going for the Sox until we got into September last season?

We've got to play the games. We've been paper champs the past few years; what has that gotten us?

We are a much better team than last year... we havent even had MAGGS in over a month... Our bench players are actually GOOD this year compared to Daubach and Rios

The Twins arent going to add anyone, their owner already said that he is not going to raise the payroll due to the fact that they didnt get a new stadium deal

They are an average team, maybe even below average.. Last year they had people like Milton, Guardado, and Hawkins... All Gawn.. Shannon Stewart is hurt, and they have a tough August and September