Not liking Schoeny's attitude

FlaSoxxJim

I understand he would look at it as a demotion, and also that it's just one of many possible scenarios when he gets back. But instead of saying he's going to do what is best for the team, he's in the paper saying he'd want out if asked to move to the bullpen.

Has he forgotten about his lack of success the last 6 starts?

From Cowley in today's Southtown.

" 'Schoeny' doesn't deserve to be demoted, because he has done well and he just hit a little spell with injury," Cooper said. "But we have to look at what's best for the team."

Schoeneweis, who has been on the DL (retroactive to June 22) with inflammation in his left elbow, didn't think too highly of such a move.

"That scenario would (anger) me quite highly," Schoeneweis said. "If that's the scenario then I will be looking to pitch elsewhere."

Schoeneweis (5-6, 4.36 ERA) had struggled before going on the DL, losing five of his last six starts while allowing four or more runs in five of his last six starts.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand he would look at it as a demotion, and also that it's just one of many possible scenarios when he gets back.  But instead of saying he's going to do what is best for the team, he's in the paper saying he'd want out if asked to move to the bullpen.

Let him take his ass somewhere else

I can't blame him for being mad.  He earned a spot as a starter and I think he should hold onto the fifth spot over Garland.

Send Garland to the pen?... I hope they wouldnt do that, Garland is better than Show

I understand he would look at it as a demotion, and also that it's just one of many possible scenarios when he gets back.  But instead of saying he's going to do what is best for the team, he's in the paper saying he'd want out if asked to move to the bullpen.

What the hell is his problem? He's been pitching awful...he'd be better off in the bullpen. If he doesn't want to do what's best for the team...trade him to a bottom feeder where he can really enjoy the season.

:headshake

Old Shoe rears his head in the paper.

Garcia MB Loaiza Garland and Shoe. Thats your rotation when he comes back barring trades.

Diaz could pitch lights out Saturday and I would still put him/Rauch in the pen with Cotts, they are both young and should be stretched out of the pen properly. Sox handling of Cotts is excellent and he should be a quality starter as a result. Shoe earned his spot in April and May and lost it to injury. He was pitching poorly yes, but those starts alone shouldnt be enough to kick him out for Diaz or Rauch. Poor pitching on his return should, and his comments/the staff's current status should keep him on a short leash as well.

If the team is going to put their faith in a kid in the rotation over him in the five hole, I wouldnt be suprised if it was both the correct decision and places Shoe on the block. Diaz/Rauch good starts vs Shoe's average starts is pretty close and if a kid gets the call, it would be because they believe they would do a better job. I dont think Oz plays favorites when it comes to winning, especially if you talk out of school.

Again, barring trades this is all moot. We trade for another quality innings man and Shoe doesnt want to be in the pen, im sorry but He Gone. :finger

I would feel just as comfortble with him gone and a kid in the pen (or the traded).

-zerohour

I just hate when players tell the media stuff like Shoeney said. And as for him going to the 'pen, he should just be happy that he's on a team like ours and not complain about where he pitches. I understand that it would sucks going from starting to being a long reliever and not having a regular work schedule, but this is a "team" sport, and the best thing for his team is to go to the 'pen if we get another starter.

Agree because we will not need three lefties in the pen.

Yeah, I think he's a better starter option than Garland, if Shoe is healthy. He might not have the same stuff or talent, but I think he's got a better head on his shoulders and more heart.

I think they're similarly inconsistent.

some days (like today) pretty encouraging.

other days, they're barely better than BP.

I prefer Garland.

And I'd also prefer that Schoenweis shut his pie hole and get people out.

The Angels won the World Series by jerking him outta the rotation.

And Scioscia got tired of his b****ing and got rid of him.

Managers manage. Pitchers pitch.

shoe just might be reacting to what for him is bad news...cant blame a guy for being competitive and wanting to be a starter...i expect it to come out soon that shoe is fine with going to the pen..after he has time to cool off and if he still feels this way then you look to move him if the deal can make the sox a better team....if not..well he has to suffer...probably in a lessor role than he would have had if he came to his senses...

I can't blame him for being mad.  He earned a spot as a starter and I think he should hold onto the fifth spot over Garland.

Over Garland? I don't think so. Schoney did well early on, and I hope he is striving to get back to that, but ease off on the attitude. He doesn't need to b**** just yet. If we feel he would be better out of the pen, then I say do it. If he's going to be a pansy about it, then trade him. I bet the Yankees would be interested. They want a lefty starter, and with a million dollar price tag, is worth the risk, even if they are after someone else.

The guys human. Ok? Cut him some slack! Sheesh.

I think it's important to have 2 LHers in your 5 man rotation.

The only way he goes to the bullpen is if the SOX acquire another starter.

If that happened Schow is simply giving Kenny the option of using him in that trade

if it means he can start.

I don't fault guys that are so passionate about starting. He's proven to be a warrior

on the mound.