Not liking Schoeny's attitude

FlaSoxxJim

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they're similarly inconsistent.

some days (like today) pretty encouraging.

other days, they're barely better than BP.

I prefer Garland.

And I'd also prefer that Schoenweis shut his pie hole and get people out.

The Angels won the World Series by jerking him outta the rotation.

And Scioscia got tired of his b****ing and got rid of him.

Managers manage. Pitchers pitch.

All this time, SS thought that saying was "Managers manage, pitchers b****"

I like Ozzie's response to this. What's best for the team is best for the team, and if Schoney doesn't like it, send him packing. I'm surprized some of his teammates haven't got in his face about his remarks.

The guys human.  Ok?  Cut him some slack!  Sheesh. 

I think it's important to have 2 LHers in your 5 man rotation.

The only way he goes to the bullpen is if the SOX acquire another starter.

If that happened Schow is simply giving Kenny the option of using him in that trade

if it means he can start.

I don't fault guys that are so passionate about starting.  He's proven to be a warrior

on the mound.

I agree with that. I love competitors. People forget. Without Scott pitchin the way he did in April and May we wouldn't be in the position we are now. Sure he shoudl've kept it private. But oh well. This is the era we're livin in now. Nothing is private.

This team has finally banded together and playing with one thing on it's mind .... winning. We've needed this for 3 years. Look at all the past Twin quotes about the Sox lacking unity.

SS can kiss my ass. He doesn't need to screw this up. Shut up and pitch or pack your bags.

Guillen's best sentence: "I'm not here to build players. I came here to win. If the best way for us to win is with Schoeneweis [starting], it's going to be Schoeneweis. If it's someone else and Schoeneweis is in the bullpen and that's the best for the team, we will do that."

I think he will make the pitchers compete for playing time. It's certainly worked well with position players Rowand, Harris, Perez, Gload and Uribi. Get some hits and do something to help win and you'll be back out there. Go into a funk and you go back to the bench.

If Scho gets guys out he will start, if he struggles then Rauch, Diaz or somebody else will go out there. But if you falter, he doesn't give up on you. Like the position players, he will get you enough innings that you can show if you're straightened out and get back into the mix.

Scho will make this decision himself, on the field not in the papers.

Schoenewies has pitched well at times and will get a chance to keep his job when he comes back. Ozzie has said this. And although I think he still deserves a starting spot when he comes back, he doesn't sound very willing to take one for the team. Although his words may have been taken out of context, Ozzie made it sound like Schoenewies's attitude is a problem.

"Schoeney is always upset, he always has something to [complain] about," Guillen said. "I don't say [schoeneweis] is selfish, but it sounds like that."

And if my memory serves me correctly, I remember SS b****ing his way out of Anaheim. If this were under different circumstances, I wouldn't have much of a problem with Schoenewies's comments. But we are in a pennant race and everybody seems to be pulling for each other. Apparently this doesn't mean a whole lot to good ol' Schoeny.

At the very least, he should keep it out of the f***ing papers!

I like Ozzie's response to this.  What's best for the team is best for the team, and if Schoney doesn't like it, send him packing.  I'm surprized some of his teammates haven't got in his face about his remarks.

shouldnt ozzie have also ripped his pitching coach???...he is the one that actually started all this by going to the press and saying shoey might have to go to the pen while the guy's still on the dl??...if ozzie wants this stuff taken care of behind close doors it seems to me he ripped the wrong guy

Good point by Baggs I feel.

But I also liked Oz's remarks.

That was neat the way he blasted him.

That's a good way to make sure quotes aren't a

distraction.

Have the skipper show who's really boss and blast

away.

I love Oz. I'm glad the powers that be took

a chance on him.

shouldnt ozzie have also ripped his pitching coach???...he is the one that actually started all this by going to the press and saying shoey might have to go to the pen while the guy's still on the dl??...if ozzie wants this stuff taken care of behind close doors it seems to me he ripped the wrong guy

You have a point.

From MLB Com:

By Friday's pregame, Guillen stated that the issue was resolved with his fifth starter.

"I did talk to him and everything is straightened out," Guillen said. "He was kind of sad and so was I. I treat my players as my friends and not my players, and he came and talked to me about what he was feeling. He didn't know what the plan was.

"Now, everything is clear. I don't want to say he apologized to me, but he's going to be pitching when his start is coming up."

--- End of another tempest in a teapot.