Kudos to Garland

witesoxfan

Keep in mind how young this guy still is folks

He is not Prior in terms of mental strength, but give him a break.

I hope we do not trade this guy away any time in the near future. He should be a solid block (#3/maybe even #2 pitcher) for a long time for this team.

Keep in mind how young this guy still is folks

He is not Prior in terms of mental strength, but give him a break.

I hope we do not trade this guy away any time in the near future. He should be a solid block (#3/maybe even #2 pitcher) for a long time for this team.

I know he is still young but you would think he would show alittle improvement since he came up. For the most part he runs into that one damn big inning that kills him.

Nice job anyways jon, keep up the good work.

I was glad to see Judy didn't show up today. Jon pitched one hell of a game today. Hopefully he loses that part of him and he is able to dominate like he seems to show from time to time. I also needed this win because I have him on my fantasy team as well... so thank you again Jon.

i remember saying in the off season that i thought garland was still a year or two away from figuring it all out...im beginning to wonder if he might be a little ahead of my schedule?? (like my schedule means anything anyways :lol: )

he stepped up bigtime today...keep praying he keeps it up

I gotta say Kudos to Garland since I have no problem

blasting him when he isn't as sharp.

--Glad to see those who call him Judy give him props.

Man ... what a performance!

Nice, on a day we needed it with our bats only good

enough to give us a win.

Great job by Garland. he needs to be more consistent though. But great job by Garland shutting down those twinkies after they scored a run in the first. The defense helped him today not like the game against the Cubs.

I'm not about to say or even think Jon has turned the corner. I thought that in 2002 with that amazing start he had against the Red Sox at Fenway. I want to see more peformances like this from him. I'm harder on him than anybody on this team because I expect so much from him. He's got the arm, stuff, talent. He doesn't have the mind. atleast not consistently. But, I will give him full props for stepping up today. :headbang

You can't underestimate how big this game was, and he came through like a champ. I rip on Garland all the time, but this was one stellar performance. Now let's see him do this a few more times. I'd love to see our big four start clicking the way the '83 team did, where Hoyt, Bannister and Dotson went something like 43 and 5 in the second half.