sCrubs

LDF

Originally posted by LDF

in the times there is talk that the club is trying to buy the buildings around the park. 

Since they rarely invest money in the team (exception..... the bust Alou) the Tribune should have hundreds of millions to invest in buying up the surrounding neighborhood. However, I don't think they have a chance in hell of buying every building around Wrigley. Case in point..... Murphy's. You know they make a friggin' mint on all those drunken dips***s every summer.

Originally posted by CubKilla
Originally posted by LDF

in the times there is talk that the club is trying to buy the buildings around the park. 

Since they rarely invest money in the team (exception..... the bust Alou) the Tribune should have hundreds of millions to invest in buying up the surrounding neighborhood. However, I don't think they have a chance in hell of buying every building around Wrigley. Case in point..... Murphy's. You know they make a friggin' mint on all those drunken dips***s every summer.

yeaah you are right again. when the trib first brought the club, they had a chance to buy the houses for 3 mil, now i wonder how much it is going to cost. it was funny that they are trying to force them into selling.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I'd say its money well spent.  They can end up renting the appartments, out, or making something real cool and historic there and end up making money off of that.  Heck, they could maybe even figure out a way to build a parking lot at wrigley.

Nope. they're just going to force those rooftop owners sell and make all their money off roof tops. They're not fooling anyone.

I can't blame them or being ticked. I'd hate to kno that they are making money of something you are spending it on.

I mean the Cubs spend money on payroll maitenance and everything has and have every right to control who watches the games from Wrigley. I dont' think they'd have a problem with the rooftop owners if they were doing it for free, but those owners easily make their rent back during a season by selling the rooftop tickets and bbq's.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I can't blame them or being ticked.  I'd hate to kno that they are making money of something you are spending it on.

I mean the Cubs spend money on payroll maitenance and everything has and have every right to control who watches the games from Wrigley.  I dont' think they'd have a problem with the rooftop owners if they were doing it for free, but those owners easily make their rent back during a season by selling the rooftop tickets and bbq's.

It's not on the proporty. It's their problem for having an old park with now where to expand.

True, but whose to say the Cubs can't build screens to stop them from doing it. I think thats where it becomes ridiculous. If they own the land and it isn't god awful ugly then they aught to be able to build what they want for the Cubs.

Just like JR should be able to do what he wants with the stadium on the most part.

Guest hotsoxchick1

again jas you didnt read the things i posted before on the rooftop subject...those owners pay the city heafty fees to be open.. they are charged with lincensing for food and liquor vending and they have to pay each year before they can open a vendors lincensing fee at which time they have to have their buildings inspected every year before they can open for safety issues and such... the tribune doesnt have enough money in the world to buy out everyone around the park...they tried to take the yum yum shop away and the mickey d's across the street and look at how that turned out... face it if they dont already own the property they cant have it untill someone dies and such....too much politics involved..........

Guest hotsoxchick1

yeah but when they want to buy buy buy after they tear down wrigley and put up those lovely condos they have plans for.... the owners of the rooftops will get paid paid paid heafty... ask anyone who owns a place down off halsted around roosevelt heck even the housing in and round taylor st.where they are expanding the uic campus.... when they started to buy up property down that way to put up those lovely brownstones and stuff that start out over 500 grand to own.. those people made some serious cash.....one of my aunts was one of those owners and now lives in az..well beyond her wildest dreams.... hope she leaves it all to me ....lol....:D