Why are you a Sox fan?

SoxFan1

Why are you a fan of the Chicago White Sox?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Why are you a fan of the Chicago White Sox?

• You live on the South Side
    • You hate blue and red/You love black and white
    • It runs in your family
    • You hate Wrigley Field/You love Comiskey Park
    • You like a certain player on the Sox
    • Someone else is a Cub fan and you just wanna piss 'em off
    • You don't know
    • Other (Specify)
    • It is God's Will

For me, it's other. When I was little (6) my grandpa wanted me to stop watching cartoons all the time. He introduced me to sports and the first game I ever watched was White Sox and A's. He taught me about sports and the Sox soon became my team of choice. When I turned 9, for my birthday, I went to my first game. Nonetheless, it was Sox/A's. The Sox won that game 8-1 and the rest is history!

Go Sox and :fthecubs

P.S.- My grandpa is a Cub fan.

I think I've seen this question so many tmes but I'll say first of all, I was born and raised in the south side. That helps. Pretty much my whole family are sox fans. (my dad introduced me to sports from the 90's bulls to the sox) That helps. My 1st game in any sport was at Comiskey Park. That helps. I've hated cub fans since I can remember. That helps. Shall I go on.. ;)

I grew up on the NW side. And the people from the NW side that I still hang with, all Sox fans.

And everyone in my family on both sides for all Chicago generations: cub fans. I am the only one who got the "good baseball" gene.

I grew up in NW Indiana (Gary).

Not only that I just loved to watch the Sox.

Really hard to describe it but i'm just fascinated with the Sox above all else and it just drives me to depise every other team we are up against... {Although I still can't bring myself to truely hate the Marlins :lol: }

I voteed, I dont know. If there was an select all, I would have gone for that! Its basically all of the top 4 choices and I just am a huge Sox fan!

Me too.

My mom introduced me to baseball when I was 4. Her dad used to take my mom and her sisters all the time to see the Sox so it does run in my family (and yes, my nephew already has a Sox onesy and we are trying to find a day to take him to his first game).

Three reasons:

1) My first game was a Sox game.

2) Mike Squires was put in at catcher...as a lefty. That got me hooked.

3) Four roofshots in one night at old Comiskey in 1984. Mark McGwire, playing an exhibition with Team USA. Kittle, Luzinski, and someone for the Tigers hit it over the right field roof. Can never remember his name and I think it was the first time ever someone hit it over RF roof.

I was born in the south side of Chicago where my neighborhood watched nothing but baseball and soccer. The majority were nothing but Sox fans. I knew by the age of 7 or 8 that the city I grew up in had two baseball teams. It was obvious I had to choose the Sox since everyone else rooted for them.

But, If I were born in the North side of Chicago, I’d probably be a Cubs fan :puke

Actaully it was Sammy Sosa. I was just starting to enjoy watching baseball when Sosa went on his 66 rampage with Big Mac, and I thought it was awesome. I loved the Cubs that year. Then as I got a little older, I realized how much I really dislike Sammy and everything about the Cubs.

Thanks Sammy

We have a violation: Section 1, Article 1, Paragraph 1, Line 1 of the White Sox Fan Penal Code.....You must NEVER like the Cubs, past, present, or future.

i voted God's will :lol:

when i was kid , before lights a piggly , my dad would take me to both sox and cub games..and night games are so much cooler...i fell in love with old comiskey..

i grew up in the western burbs and there was like one kid who moved out from the south side and alot of other kids game him crap...i kinda befriended him and he was a sox fan..that kinda helped push me towards the sox too

when i was like 6, my t-ball team got to go to a white sox game and walk on the field...this was in like 87 or 88 i think, ever since then i've been a sox fan...i'm not from the south side though, i'm from the west side and all my friends are cubs fans. i have to admit though, i did like those 89 cubs, i was a big fan of ryne sandberg, damon berryhill (because my first name is damon) and jerome walton. since then i've amended my ways fully