College Visits

I have spent the last few days on college visits, and I still have 4 more to make this summer.

I have learned one thing...each college says the same thing :angry:

Ironically the college with the best presentation thus far was the college I thought I wouldn't like. That is why you can not judge a school before you see it.

Anyway, I am now accepting pity for having to drive hundreds of miles to hear unoriginal rhetoric.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did one college visit last year.

That's the school i got accepted to.

Orientation's next week.

GO ILLINI

:headbang

You're going to have a blast. I absolutely loved going to IU's. How long is it for UI? IU was 8am-9am the first day, and the second day was getting your schedule and what not so it was whenever your advising meeting was and however long it took from there. We had to stay in the dorms too; that was great. This fall is going to own so much.

You're going to have a blast.  I absolutely loved going to IU's.  How long is it for UI?  IU was 8am-9am the first day, and the second day was getting your schedule and what not so it was whenever your advising meeting was and however long it took from there.  We had to stay in the dorms too; that was great.  This fall is going to own so much.

let's see.

i have to be there by 8 AM thursday morning, i know i won't get out until friday afternoon.

Not really looking forward to it, just listening to a bunch of presentations, ugh.

And yeah, we have to stay in the dorms too.

let's see.

i have to be there by 8 AM thursday morning, i know i won't get out until friday afternoon.

Not really looking forward to it, just listening to a bunch of presentations, ugh.

And yeah, we have to stay in the dorms too.

that sht was boring my parents took me out and we skipped some of it

the only real thing you do is make a schedule and thats the lat thing

Orientation is boring as all hell. Make sure you don't let those tools order you around (ie: people like two years older than you). If you think something's worth going to, then go to it. If not, don't. Although sitting in your room is pretty boring (might wanna bring a book or somethin) catching up on sleep is key cause they make you get up so early for the important stuff like aptitude tests.

Hmm, seems like I'm the odd ball...I actually had fun at my orientation and mine was 2.5 days long. Sure there were stupid presentations...but there was a lot of fun stuff to just make you think the school was awesome. It probably helped that my school is in downtown DC so some of our peer advising group meetings took place at the Lincoln Memorial and on the top balcony of the Kennedy Center. Anyhoo, good luck to those of you searching for schools, and good luck to those of you going to orientation. :)

Does anyone here know anyone that has gone to Marquette? I'm pretty interested in going there, but I'd like to hear from someone that's gone there or knows someone that's gone there. Also, anyone here know anything about the Air Force Academy, Naval Academy, Coast Guard Academy, or Merchant Marine Academy? I'd like to serve my country and if I could get in to an academy, I probably go, and I really want to be a pilot, so I'd love to get into the Air Force or Naval Academy. If that didn't work out, then I'd look into the Coast Guard and Merchant Marine Academies. Oh, and Illinois is another possibility, along w/ Georgia and Texas, but I'd prefer an academy.

Does anyone here know anyone that has gone to Marquette?  I'm pretty interested in going there, but I'd like to hear from someone that's gone there or knows someone that's gone there.  Also, anyone here know anything about the Air Force Academy, Naval Academy, Coast Guard Academy, or Merchant Marine Academy?  I'd like to serve my country and if I could get in to an academy, I probably go, and I really want to be a pilot, so I'd love to get into the Air Force or Naval Academy.  If that didn't work out, then I'd look into the Coast Guard and Merchant Marine Academies.  Oh, and Illinois is another possibility, along w/ Georgia and Texas, but I'd prefer an academy.

I believe you have to follow several steps to get into a service academy. It is not just an apply and wait type deal. I'm not quite sure how it works, but I believe you have to get a letter of endorsement from you governor and stuff...but I may be wrong about that. I would check out their websites.

I am going to Georgia this summer, so I will tell you how that goes.

What are you looking to major in?

Does anyone here know anyone that has gone to Marquette?  I'm pretty interested in going there, but I'd like to hear from someone that's gone there or knows someone that's gone there.  Also, anyone here know anything about the Air Force Academy, Naval Academy, Coast Guard Academy, or Merchant Marine Academy?  I'd like to serve my country and if I could get in to an academy, I probably go, and I really want to be a pilot, so I'd love to get into the Air Force or Naval Academy.  If that didn't work out, then I'd look into the Coast Guard and Merchant Marine Academies.  Oh, and Illinois is another possibility, along w/ Georgia and Texas, but I'd prefer an academy.

know two cousins going to marquette, two people from my high school got into the coast guard and of course i am going to Illinois :headbang

You're going to have a blast.  I absolutely loved going to IU's.  How long is it for UI?  IU was 8am-9am the first day, and the second day was getting your schedule and what not so it was whenever your advising meeting was and however long it took from there.  We had to stay in the dorms too; that was great.  This fall is going to own so much.

Have a blast greasy, I'm certainly excited for ya, I'm wrapping up my degree this month, as I'm currently in my last class. Keep me updated on how things go...

Have a blast greasy, I'm certainly excited for ya, I'm wrapping up my degree this month, as I'm currently in my last class.  Keep me updated on how things go...

Same here, Indiana sounds like a kick ass college, my friend down here almost got an athletics scholarship to go there. :o

We'll do Aboz and DBAH0.  I'm really just counting down the days here; I'm really excited for the fall.  I finally got my housing information back the other day, and that turned out pretty well for as where my classes are etc.

Where ya living, to me the best for freshmen are Briscoe, Teter or Foster...

And if you're into the partying/wildness, you're best off in Foster or McNutt...

Nice. I ended up in Briscoe, and that's perfect IMO. Three of my five classes during the fall semester are in the Kelley school; so that's pretty convenient. Also it'll be nice for my obsession with sports, being so close to the Stadium and Assembly Hall. I bought myself footbal tickets at orientation (yeah, yeah I know), and I definitely plan on getting b-ball tickets when they go on sale.

Nice.  I ended up in Briscoe, and that's perfect IMO.  Three of my five classes during the fall semester are in the Kelley school; so that's pretty convenient.  Also it'll be nice for my obsession with sports, being so close to the Stadium and Assembly Hall.  I bought myself footbal tickets at orientation (yeah, yeah I know), and I definitely plan on getting b-ball tickets when they go on sale.

They'll go on sale late Sept/Early Oct....You'll have a blast.

Also if you like to play ball there will be a ton of pickup games in the HPER building which is like a 3 min walk for you. Also one of the nicest gyms you will find anywhere, no doubt.

And hell you may even run into aboz at a house party up there, who knows since my sister does have a house up there and all... :headbang