College Visits

Oh I definitely heard about the pick-up games. My friends and I were thinking of getting into that intramural baskeball. That sounded pretty awesome; I guess the championship game of that tourney is in AH. Ha I was even thinking of playing some intramural whiffle ball there; I still need some kind of baseball fix since I won't be playing any kind of organized league here on out.

Very nice. I heard that Briscoe's awfully close to a lot of the off-campus housing and the Greek, so that'll be interesting to say the least.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I definitely heard about the pick-up games.  My friends and I were thinking of getting into that intramural baskeball.  That sounded pretty awesome; I guess the championship game of that tourney is in AH.  Ha I was even thinking of playing some intramural whiffle ball there; I still need some kind of baseball fix since I won't be playing any kind of organized league here on out. 

Very nice.  I heard that Briscoe's awfully close to a lot of the off-campus housing and the Greek, so that'll be interesting to say the least.

You could probably walk on to the football team too ;)

I will admit, Bloomington's a lot of fun. The rivalry is one of the things I'm going to really miss.

Enjoy it while it lasts!

You could probably walk on to the football team too  ;)

I will admit, Bloomington's a lot of fun.  The rivalry is one of the things I'm going to really miss.

Enjoy it while it lasts!

Ha...It's going to be fun. It's cool though; James Hardy, he's one of the basketball recruits for IU. He just took on football for the first time his senior year, and he had one of the city's best seasons at WR. He was also 2nd in the state voting for Mr. Basketball. He signed a football scholarship so he could play both football and basketball, because if he signed a basketball scholarship he would be be unable to play any other sport.

I'm also a little afraid to hate Purdue football as much as I should. Bernard Pollard, he'll be a soph at Purdue this year, went to my HS. Pollard ended up starting all but two games this year for Purdue, and he was one of your better safety's. He was voted on to the Sporting News all-freshman team this season. I just have to root for the guy; if he stays on this track, look for him to be playing pro once his tenure at Purdue is up.

I am going to Georgia this summer, so I will tell you how that goes.

Awesome, I'm excited to hear about that.

What are you looking to major in?

I've been looking at Broadcast Communications, Pre-Dentistry, or Education.

I have spent the last few days on college visits, and I still have 4 more to make this summer.

I have learned one thing...each college says the same thing :angry:

Ironically the college with the best presentation thus far was the college I thought I wouldn't like.  That is why you can not judge a school before you see it.

Anyway, I am now accepting pity for having to drive hundreds of miles to hear unoriginal rhetoric.

For what sport are you being recruited?

I would say go to University of Miami...awesome campus with the hottest women. And...South Beach kicks ass and the weather's always great.

Go Canes!

I have a visit scheduled there.

Does anyone here know anyone that has gone to Marquette?  I'm pretty interested in going there, but I'd like to hear from someone that's gone there or knows someone that's gone there.  Also, anyone here know anything about the Air Force Academy, Naval Academy, Coast Guard Academy, or Merchant Marine Academy?  I'd like to serve my country and if I could get in to an academy, I probably go, and I really want to be a pilot, so I'd love to get into the Air Force or Naval Academy.  If that didn't work out, then I'd look into the Coast Guard and Merchant Marine Academies.  Oh, and Illinois is another possibility, along w/ Georgia and Texas, but I'd prefer an academy.

I've known a couple of people who went to Marquette. Also I know 4 who went to West Point, including one who recieved an appointment a couple years after he enlisted. I know a couple of people who went to Air Force Academy, and one in the Naval academy.

I don't really know what else you want to know, I've never been to WP in NY, but it sounds pretty cool... I've been to Colorado Springs, and that campus is pretty damn cool. That would be my choice.

Does anyone here know anyone that has gone to Marquette?  I'm pretty interested in going there, but I'd like to hear from someone that's gone there or knows someone that's gone there.  Also, anyone here know anything about the Air Force Academy, Naval Academy, Coast Guard Academy, or Merchant Marine Academy?  I'd like to serve my country and if I could get in to an academy, I probably go, and I really want to be a pilot, so I'd love to get into the Air Force or Naval Academy.  If that didn't work out, then I'd look into the Coast Guard and Merchant Marine Academies.  Oh, and Illinois is another possibility, along w/ Georgia and Texas, but I'd prefer an academy.

I know one person who went to Marquette and then transfered to IU. I know it's a big party school, but that isn't a bad thing. It is near the top of my list for now, but I still have three years to decide.

My sister is actually being recruited by the Navel Academy to play volleyball and she loves it. She went to what is called a summer seminar a few weeks back and had a ball. I know the acceptance process is long and stuff, and I will try to find out exactly how it is. I will ask my sister tonight if I see her. One bad thing about the Navy is you only get a few weeks off for the summer and then have to commit five years.

I visited the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs and really enjoyed it. Nice campus with nice people.

I transfered into U of I last year and I miss it already. It's alot more fun to not worry about your parents and stay up really late every night. I can't wait for the next semester to begin (but not for the classes.) I'll be turning 21 as soon as I get down there and will be watching the Sox play in the playoffs with everyone else in the U of I White Sox club.

:cheers

I transfered into U of I last year and I miss it already.  It's alot more fun to not worry about your parents and stay up really late every night.  I can't wait for the next semester to begin (but not for the classes.)  I'll be turning 21 as soon as I get down there and will be watching the Sox play in the playoffs with everyone else in the U of I White Sox club.

:cheers

haha I noticed that quote in your sig, and I couldn't remember when I said it. I found it in the Flames win thread, and I'm pretty sure I had done a little :drink at the time. No hard feelings right?

Have any schools taken you to frat keggers or strip clubs yet?

:lolhitting  :lol:  :lol:

Oh shush....when we have recruits, we study with them, have some Bible study, and then call it an early night at around 8:30pm. :lol:

BTW, 1549, what ya being recruited for?

I know so many people who go to Marquette. Seems like some transfer. Marquette also seemed to let anyone in last year, plus even if you don't get straight-out accepted, you could still get in by taking some summer crap. I know West Point and Air Force kids too, they're insane though. The problem with schools like the academies are that there is such competetion for them. It is as much about who you know, as it is what you can do. I have heard nothing bad about U of Illinois, but I won't lie, Michigan State is awesome. :)

Oh shush....when we have recruits, we study with them, have some Bible study, and then call it an early night at around 8:30pm. :lol:

BTW, 1549, what ya being recruited for?

Its not sports recruiting, merely academic. I don't get lobster and a private jet like football recruits, just a special visit with some other kids and usually a continental breakfast or lunch buffet :lol:

Its not sports recruiting, merely academic.  I don't get lobster and a private jet like football recruits, just a special visit with some other kids and usually a continental breakfast or lunch buffet :lol:

Ah, see I ain't got none of that there academic recruite stuff going on. :lol: :lol:

Orientation at U of I was pretty boring. My 2 lasting memories are how there was no TV access, so i was clueless as to what was going on in the sports world (i think i told my mom that i felt "lost") and running around on Memorial Stadium. Soxnbears, you should check out the field and go play some catch, it should be open (or at least there will be a way into it). Don't go into orientation with high hopes, but try to get a grasp of the campus and where things are. You will probly become very frustrated with scheduling as well, that was hell.

Greasywheels, the 4 or so times i've been to IU it's been a blast. The campus is real nice and i think you'll have an awesome time there. Buying football tickets is a must, i don't care what college you go to...it's college football after all. You should make it to U of I when we play you this fall.

Greasywheels, the 4 or so times i've been to IU it's been a blast. The campus is real nice and i think you'll have an awesome time there. Buying football tickets is a must, i don't care what college you go to...it's college football after all. You should make it to U of I when we play you this fall.

Oh no question...I didn't care if IU was 0-11 or 11-0; I was going to get tickets. I'm just obsessed with sports as it is. I'll definitely try to get up to U of I for the football game. Hopefully I get lucky, and can somehow get to Champaign for if and when IU's up there during basketball season.

I assume you'll play at U of I since you didn't play there last year. I'm not sure how the scheduling works, though. Perhaps it will be a 1 and 1 again, that would be nice.

I'm going to try to snare some extra tickets to the IU game at our place. I'll see what i can do.

I know one person who went to Marquette and then transfered to IU. I know it's a big party school, but that isn't a bad thing. It is near the top of my list for now, but I still have three years to decide.

My sister is actually being recruited by the Navel Academy to play volleyball and she loves it. She went to what is called a summer seminar a few weeks back and had a ball. I know the acceptance process is long and stuff, and I will try to find out exactly how it is. I will ask my sister tonight if I see her. One bad thing about the Navy is you only get a few weeks off for the summer and then have to commit five years.

I visited the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs and really enjoyed it. Nice campus with nice people.

Thanks man, that'd be really cool if I could hear what someone thinks about an academy that's going there! Oh, and I've heard about those summer seminars and I thought they sounded pretty cool, so it's good to hear that they are.

Btw, thanks to everyone else that responded about Marquette, U of I, and the academies! Oh, and Supersteve, I'll have to look into MSU some. I've really never thought about it before and I don't know why.

Dasox24,

Have you read the book "Absolutley American" -- If you haven't, you should.  It's the story of a group of Cadets 4 years at west point, which included time over 9-11.

Whoa, that's really weird that you mentioned that I read that b/c my sister read it, and told me just a couple of days ago that I should read it. It sounds pretty good; I can't wait to start reading it. I plan on starting it after I get my summer reading for school out of the way.

Just got back from my orientation at U of I.

Most of it was boring, but not terrible. I ended up having a pretty good time, met some cool people, and got most of the classes I wanted. Oh, got my football season tix too......shutup :P Now I honestly can't wait for the fall. :headbang