Who goes down when Maggs comes back

HighHeat45

Ive been thinkin, who are we gunna send down when maggs comes back. Cant send Rowand, Timo or Carlos down. Ozzie likes to have 3 catchers so we might not send one of them down. Uribe, Willie, Konerko, Thomas and Valentin definitly wont go down. We should have 12 pitchers (we only have one off day in september) so we cant send one of them down. That leaves Gload and i dont want to send him down, especially after what he just did. There is no one i want to send down right now.

If it was up to me id send Davis down but we'll see.

Ive been thinkin, who are we gunna send down when maggs comes back. Cant send Rowand, Timo or Carlos down. Ozzie likes to have 3 catchers so we might not send one of them down. Uribe, Willie, Konerko, Thomas and Valentin definitly wont go down. We should have 12 pitchers (we only have one off day in september) so we cant send one of them down. That leaves Gload and i dont want to send him down, especially after what he just did. There is no one i want to send down right now.

If it was up to me id send Davis down but we'll see.

Davis no doubt has to be the one to go imo. No well else would deserve to go down more than him.

Yes, him and his .091 average can play some time in Charlotte

we could keep davis and send dowen burke if davis is considered the better defensive catcher..but either way , it has to be one of those two...i imagine by august both will be back on the roster..more PT for sandy mean a better chance he ends up on the DL..

It's too bad for Davis, we're playing in games that are too important for him to get a start at the moment. But I wouldn't want to see him take playing time away from Ryan Hankins, who's been doin real well lately for the Knights. :)

When Mags comes back, there are a couple of choices Ozzie has to make. First, it could be Mike Jackson based on his performance and that of Politte's. If not Jackson, then Ozzie has to decide if it's more important to have a 3rd catcher who is a switchhitter, or Gload whose only role seems to be a left handed bat off the bench and occasional defensive replacement at first. Gload's terrible performance in right field the last two Fridays have made him, in my eyes, more expendable. I'd dump Jackson, but if Ozzie wants to keep him, I'd send Gload down.

I'm pretty sure that Davis has enough service time in the bigs so that we can't send him down.  We could flat release him or designate him for assignment.

He was in AAA with Seattle. I think we can send him down without any problems. Either way, we don't need to just release him.

Maybe no one goes down.  We might make a 2 for 1 player trade, or a 3 for 2.

That is possible too. I would hate to see us part with any more of the starting 9 (DH included) though. I would think that any additional trades will include our prospects, but then again I was shocked when Olivo was traded. If we don't pull the type of deal YASNY mentions then I think Davis goes down and gets playing time and coaching. I don't think you just dump Davis though. KW claims that the Sox staff saw things with Davis that are positive. Maybe though Davis gets included in a trade?

Maybe no one goes down.  We might make a 2 for 1 player trade, or a 3 for 2.

I'm not getting ready to rule out this trade, but I doubt it is going to happen. Atlanta will want so much from us, and in the end, I think it will do nothing but hurt us.