Loaiza

fathom

It is painfully obvious that Loaiza is nowhere near the level he was at last year. His arm strength isn't even close. With that in mind, KW should NOT sign Loaiza to a deal after the season. Because of his inflated win total this year, combined with last years stats, he's going to get a lot more money than he is worth.

It is painfully obvious that Loaiza is nowhere near the level he was at last year.  His arm strength isn't even close.  With that in mind, KW should NOT sign Loaiza to a deal after the season.  Because of his inflated win total this year, combined with last years stats, he's going to get a lot more money than he is worth.

Resign garcia.

Even though Loaiza is not the same as last year, few of us thought he could repeat last year.

He is not great, but there are tons of options that would be worse than Loaiza next year. I'd offer him $4 or $5 mil a year if he ends up winning about 15 games and an ERA between 3.50 and 4.50.

There is no way that Loaiza will only want 4 to 5 million. He's going to go into the offseason averaging about 18 wins over the last 2 years. He'll want like 8-10 million per year. I have a feeling he'll be signing with the Padres.

I refuse to get involved in a  debate where the main people are newbies and are b****ing in July about something that doesn't need to be worried about right now.

Wow, thanks for adding to the conversation. I sure hope that I can be that insightful after thousands of posts on here.

Wow, thanks for adding to the conversation.  I sure hope that I can be that insightful after thousands of posts on here.

Don't worry.

You've added more insight to this message board in 36 posts than some have in 2,000. Most know post totals don't suggest any level of seniority. Everyone has to start somewhere; knighti fails to acknowledge that.

I've got nothing against Esteban, but I agree with some of your statements. If it's him or Garcia, that's a no-brainer. If it's him or Maggs, it's a no-brainer. He's a good #4 or an okay #3. I'd much rather take that $8-10 mil and take a run at guys that could potentially be there like Clement, Pavano, or Perez.

It is painfully obvious that Loaiza is nowhere near the level he was at last year. His arm strength isn't even close. With that in mind, KW should NOT sign Loaiza to a deal after the season. Because of his inflated win total this year, combined with last years stats, he's going to get a lot more money than he is worth.

--It's painfully obvious Esteban is a good major league

pitcher and we should keep him and sign him.

You may disagree with Scho going to the press and acting like a spoilt brat, but he was absolutely correct

He has not pitched any worse than any of our starters, including Freddy with the Sox

Elo and Buerhle are just not that dominant this year...hopefully they pick it up come playoff time when it gets colder because we know our O will not average more than 3 against those studs on the other side

If the Sox can retain E-Lo at a decent price, then it can't hurt to get him back for next year. But if they let him go it opens up a greater possibility for the Sox to go after Pavano or Radke in the offseason, and I'd take either of them over Esteban.

i dont know about povano being a good replacement

if loiza can be had for 5-6 mil a year for 3 years... great

but first things first, get garcia for 2 - 4 years for 8 - 11 mil a year

but, this is this year, and next years budget and signings and such will be in large part determened by what this team does and how far it goes.

Given a choice, I'd rather overpay Garcia than overpay Loaiza. And yes, Pavano would be a suitable replacement.

Any chance we get Alyssa Milano with Carl Pavano? :lol: Good points by Mr. Zero there, he needs to throw his fastballs inside, to be able to set up some of his breaking pitches to the outside.

Any chance we get Alyssa Milano with Carl Pavano?  :lol: Good points by Mr. Zero there, he needs to throw his fastballs inside, to be able to set up some of his breaking pitches to the outside.

PTI reported the other day that Pavano dumped Milano.

It is painfully obvious that Loaiza is nowhere near the level he was at last year.  His arm strength isn't even close.  With that in mind, KW should NOT sign Loaiza to a deal after the season.  Because of his inflated win total this year, combined with last years stats, he's going to get a lot more money than he is worth.

Loaiza is just pitching like a woman this season. It takes him 3-4 inning to realize there are two sides of the plate. It drives me insane.