Was that grand slam ball fair or fall?

Funkman7

I saw the post game interview, and Shammy Sosa was asked whether or not it was foul, and he said "It was foul. (puts thumb and forefinger together, and motions about half an inch away with the other hand) It was foul by that much."

I honestly believe it was FAIR. I mean, of course the Cubs fans and the Cubs players are going to say it was foul, it's in their best interests, especially since they'll see that umpiring crew again sometime down the line. Also, if you look at the replay, it looks like the ball BOUNCES off the foul pole because the ball changes trajectory once it passes it. It looks like the pole took some velocity off of it and suddenly it was going down at a more shallow angle than before. The umpire running down the line called it fair, and the other umpires overturn it? If we're playing at Comiskey there's no way that gets overturned.

If anyone was there at the game in the area, could you give your opinions?

I'm not the only one who thinks it was fair apparently. They're having quite the argument over at WSI.

I still believe it was fair. I wish I had a TIVO right now. This play might be the deciding factor in whether or not I get TIVO.

i used to post over there...they have like an "in-crowd" overthere and no one can challenge them...i dont know if daver still posts overthere but we got into one night and holy crap...there were like 20 posters just running to his defense acting like i was in tibet and just took a crap on the dali lama or something...

too bad because i like alot of the poster over there..but its just too much of a hassle

WSI is EXTREMELY bias.  They see the world through silver and black sunglasses as they sip their silver and black kool-aid.

BTW, I think it was foul, but you can't take a call back like that.  They should've let it be.

Just wondering. Do you think they should have reversed the foul ball call on Crede's obvious home run last year in Baltimore?

If they got it right, they did the right thing, imho.