Sox B Game vs. Arizona

Rex Hudler

This wasn't widely publicized but the Sox played a B game (not a split-squad) Tuesday against the Diamondbacks on their minor league fields.

I don't have a lot of details, but it was reported on another board I follow by a guy that is out in Tucson and that went to the game.

Basically, they used Sox Minor Leaguers (non 40-man roster guys) in an abbreviated game against the D'backs so Curt Schilling could get some work. Apparently he won't pitch against any NL West teams in ST so they have to adapt on occasion

The game went 4 1/2 innings with Shilling pitching all of them for AZ and Honel starting for the Sox. I can't remember who else pitched for the Sox. The details are shaky, but I remember guys mentioned like Anthony Webster, Scott Bikowski, and Thomas Brice. There is a much better write up about it on the other board (see next post) but the board is down for maintenance until Thursday around noon. I encourage you to check it out.

The other board I like to follow is at www.worldcrossing.com. The name of the board is Chicago White Sox. The format is a bit different than this one, but to me it is easier to follow.

The guys/gals who post are big-time Sox fans and very knowlegable and passionate. The guy that has been in Tucson has given detailed reports daily on each game he has seen this past 5 days or so.

The board is a little different than this board in that the people are very opinionated and often argue passionately those opinions. I find the arguments quite humorous, but it could offend some.

I encourage you to visit the board and post there as well if you like. It is definitely NOT comparable to WSI or whitesox.com boards. These guys know their stuff and are on top of the Sox from the Big League club all the way down to A Ball.

We can always use Sox fans with something intelligent to add! Hope to see you there sometime. As I have proven, you can do both. :)

BlackSox is actually the one that got me to visit this board. He is a regular at worldcrossing.com and an excellent contributor.

Ok, how much did he pay you to say that rex?

And if you gonna share MSF's reports... the least ya can do is Copy and paste the stuff for these guys here :P

This wasn't widely publicized but the Sox played a B game (not a split-squad) Tuesday against the Diamondbacks on their minor league fields.  

Not that it matters, but actually it was split-squad game.

How could it be a split-squad game when they only played 4 1/2 innings and quit when Schilling had enough?

I tried worldcrossing and it says it was down for the day or whatever -

They are changing over to new servers and had a planned down time for last night and today, but it looks like they ran into some problems. They should be back up tomorrow.

Method, would you agree with my assessment that the World Crossing board can be much more spirited? That's not a knock on this board, but those guys go at it back and forth daily. It's comical sometimes.

Not that it matters, but actually it was split-squad game.

How could it be a split-squad game when they only played 4 1/2 innings and quit when Schilling had enough?

I dont know, but on ESPN the sox's were 4-2 before the B game and 4-3 after, so i guess it counted.

If that was a 4  1/2 inning game, how come Rooney and Farmer were saying something about the 7th inning stretch and "this is the ninth inning", if I'm not mistaken?

You're talking about the wrong game. The game I am speaking of was on the Minor League fields and involved Minor League players not in big league camp, except Schilling.

Schilling finished an inning, but wanted more work, so he stayed on the mound and pitched to two extra batters. Go to World Crossing when it comes back up tomorrow and read the report. I was not there, but got the report from someone who sat there and watched it.

There was no TV or radio. The Sox played a different game that night. Perhaps you are thinking of that one or the first game of ST when Schilling pitched against the big boys?

The Sox's played a SS game yesterday vs. Arizona

Here the link:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp#boxscore

Again, mac, that is not the game I am speaking about. Maybe I read the report wrong, but I swear they stopped the game after Schilling was done. If I could get onto World Crossing, I'd copy the whole report.

Sorry

Mac, Rex is refering to a completely differnt game... that occired on one of the side fields the day we played the rangers. It was some of the sox's minor leaguers vs Schilling...

Rex : Yeap... we can get pretty crazy over at WC... but thats what makes it more fun :)

Mac, Rex is refering to a completely differnt game... that occired on one of the side fields the day we played the rangers. It was some of the sox's minor leaguers vs Schilling...

Rex : Yeap... we can get pretty crazy over at WC... but thats what makes it more fun :)

So, Method, do I remember it correctly that it only went 4 1/2 or 5 innings?