This is all a test

The Beast

*Bump* *Bump* *Bump* my head on my desk...

Seriously this organizations position right now sucks. We have a potential free agent in Magglio Ordonez, a few trades being made, hurt feelings to be had if Ordonez is traded, a load of messes if Garcia and Ordonez leave via free agency and all this jazz about losing to the cross town rival Chicago Cubs...I don't know if we can consider this team to be a winning playoff team. Right now I'm not sure about the division either. That Minnesota series wasn't a fluke, but how do you even compare this by losing to a team who has lost all of these players and such, and by not getting any hits in this washup today. I can't understand anything right now and right now I am very confused of what Kenny Williams expects to do with all of this. Are we worthy of being a playoff team? Will we lose this game and tomarrow as well, therefore being humiliated til next year? Will we get a trade not involving Magglio? (Or is that not possible, we MUST trade Magglio to get jack diddly squat.) We need Magglio right now, not get rid of him. Maybe we weren't in line for that fortune cookie when we gave up Olivo. Its very hard to swollow right now. Do I need to calm down and say to myself, its only 1 series, we have plenty more, or what else is needed to relieve my worries and anxiety about this ballclub? :huh

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we lose this series, our season is officialy over.....

:rolleyes:

Chill Beastly....

Do you even know what it is like sitting here getting IM's and phone calls by cub fans and not even knowing what to say any more? I'm not saying if we lose the series its the end of the world, but honestly, we are in a tough spot at the end of the year. We can't afford to lose against bad teams like we are today...

I agree, same here. Will all this bulls*** going on it's getting frustrating and I'm worrying a little.

we just swept the twins and played great ball... we had a rookie pitcher come in today and give up 3 runs because he was nervious/stuck in his head for the first inning... our offence just faced the cubs best pitcher and maddux looks good today... we'll be fine, take some zolof and chill :lol:

we just swept the twins and played great ball... we had a rookie pitcher come in today and give up 3 runs because he was nervious/stuck in his head for the first inning... our offence just faced the cubs best pitcher and maddux looks good today... we'll be fine, take some zolof and chill  :lol:

I know I shouldn't listen to Chicago Cub fans, but they say he is the worst pitcher.

Look, I'll calm, but I'm not just talking about this series, dude. I'm talking about '05. I'll chill out when this race gets looser and Minny dies and so do these stupid s***ty Maggs rumors die too.

Do you even know what it is like sitting here getting IM's and phone calls by cub fans and not even knowing what to say any more? I'm not saying if we lose the series its the end of the world, but honestly, we are in a tough spot at the end of the year. We can't afford to lose against bad teams like we are today...

Stop answering those phone calls. It’s that easy.

we just swept the twins and played great ball... we had a rookie pitcher come in today and give up 3 runs because he was nervious/stuck in his head for the first inning... our offence just faced the cubs best pitcher and maddux looks good today... we'll be fine, take some zolof and chill  :lol:

Yeah, you're right. :D :headbang

And Beastly, you shouldn't take any s*** from Cubs fans. They may win this series, but we won the series last time. It's even.

That is assuming we don't get swept... :unsure:

Yes, I get s*** from Cub fans. There's no Cub fans in Indiana.... Everyone I know is a Cub fan; I don't know any Chisox fans in town. Why are you getting this worked up over one series though? Last Saturday we were 3 back, and now we're in 1st place. Baseball's fickle, and things can change like that. As Hawk says, "You lose 60, and you win 60; it's what you do with the other 42 games that counts."

I know I shouldn't listen to Chicago Cub fans, but they say he is the worst pitcher.

Look, I'll calm, but I'm not just talking about this series, dude. I'm talking about '05. I'll chill out when this race gets looser and Minny dies and so do these stupid s***ty Maggs rumors die too.

This season is far from over; why don't we let KW worry about the future and we'll just enjoy what takes place for the remainder of the 2004 season.

I'm pretty new to this site. I've been a Sox fan all my life, born on the Southeast side. That being said I will say this. I have never read so much bulls*** in my life as I have on these boards in the weeks I've been visiting. I have never seen so many people who are supposed to be "diehard" fans to quick to s*** on the team they love, criticize its players, GM, Manager and even its own fans. We lose a series to the cubs? So what. We get swept by the cubs? So what. Pride is one thing but winning the division is the ultimate goal. If we take 6 of 6 from the cubs and miss the playoffs, the entire year is a bust. We lose 4 of 6 and are playing into October then the year was a success. Being a fan of this team at times is VERY frustrating but that is what being a fan is all about. You ride your team through the ups and downs. Everytime a pitcher has a bad outing or a fielder makes an error etc. I read 5 posts about how that guy should be traded or WE NEED TO MAKE A TRADE and other types of bulls***. Kenny Williams is doing the BEST job he can and giving our team the BEST possible opportunity to win ballgames, get into the playoffs and make a run at a World Series ring. This team is fine, in much better position than last year and everyone knows is traditionally a much better second half team. We are going to be fine, just be a TRUE fan and stick with your team instead of posting all of this bulls***. This post isn't meant to be a blast to the people who post on this site, I've definitely read some posts from some obvioiusly spirited fans. Just my 2 cents.

Wah, wah, wah.

The Cubs aren't bad, they are a playoff contender. Now quit your b****ing, this team is in primo shape.

I'm pretty new to this site.  I've been a Sox fan all my life, born on the Southeast side.  That being said I will say this.  I have never read so much bulls*** in my life as I have on these boards in the weeks I've been visiting.  I have never seen so many people who are supposed to be "diehard" fans to quick to s*** on the team they love, criticize its players, GM, Manager and even its own fans.  We lose a series to the cubs? So what.  We get swept by the cubs? So what.  Pride is one thing but winning the division is the ultimate goal.  If we take 6 of 6 from the cubs and miss the playoffs, the entire year is a bust.  We lose 4 of 6 and are playing into October then the year was a success.  Being a  fan of this team at times is VERY frustrating but that is what being a fan is all about.  You ride your team through the ups and downs.  Everytime a pitcher has a bad outing or a fielder makes an error etc.  I read 5 posts about how that guy should be traded or WE NEED TO MAKE A TRADE and other types of bulls***.  Kenny Williams is doing the BEST job he can and giving our team the BEST possible opportunity to win ballgames, get into the playoffs and make a run at a World Series ring.  This team is fine, in much better position than last year and everyone knows is traditionally a much better second half team.  We are going to be fine, just be a TRUE fan and stick with your team instead of posting all of this bulls***.  This post isn't meant to be a blast to the people who post on this site, I've definitely read some posts from some obvioiusly spirited fans.  Just my 2 cents.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Thank you fellow Hoosier. The pessimism on this board is absolutely disgusting.

I'm pretty new to this site.  I've been a Sox fan all my life, born on the Southeast side.  That being said I will say this.  I have never read so much bulls*** in my life as I have on these boards in the weeks I've been visiting.  I have never seen so many people who are supposed to be "diehard" fans to quick to s*** on the team they love, criticize its players, GM, Manager and even its own fans.  We lose a series to the cubs? So what.  We get swept by the cubs? So what.  Pride is one thing but winning the division is the ultimate goal.  If we take 6 of 6 from the cubs and miss the playoffs, the entire year is a bust.  We lose 4 of 6 and are playing into October then the year was a success.  Being a  fan of this team at times is VERY frustrating but that is what being a fan is all about.  You ride your team through the ups and downs.  Everytime a pitcher has a bad outing or a fielder makes an error etc.  I read 5 posts about how that guy should be traded or WE NEED TO MAKE A TRADE and other types of bulls***.  Kenny Williams is doing the BEST job he can and giving our team the BEST possible opportunity to win ballgames, get into the playoffs and make a run at a World Series ring.  This team is fine, in much better position than last year and everyone knows is traditionally a much better second half team.  We are going to be fine, just be a TRUE fan and stick with your team instead of posting all of this bulls***.  This post isn't meant to be a blast to the people who post on this site, I've definitely read some posts from some obvioiusly spirited fans.  Just my 2 cents.

:lol: :headbang :notworthy

I am a real fan. A real White Sox fan. Its just very frustrating to be hearing all these s***ty rumors about Maggs and this Atlanta deal THAT WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER GO DOWN IN TRANSACTIONS. I'm really sick of it. I mean I can deal with losing, but if we show no effort like today then I get pissed, see the difference? Exactly.

right on brother! :headbang that was NEEDED to be said for some time now

welcome to soxtalk :bringit

I am a real fan. A real White Sox fan. Its just very frustrating to be hearing all these s***ty rumors about Maggs and this Atlanta deal THAT WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER GO DOWN IN TRANSACTIONS. I'm really sick of it. I mean I can deal with losing, but if we show no effort like today then I get pissed, see the difference? Exactly.

We all get frustrated at some times, but do you see us making a thread out of it?

Like valponick said, just be a true fan and stick with your team instead of posting all of this bulls***.

What says we're not trying?

I have pride as a Sox fan but they are hurting my pride as a person because they don't do ANYTHING like today. I see pop ups, flyouts, strikeouts and groundouts. What I don't see is Ozzie Ball, with the singles, the stealings, the bunts, the triples, the doubles and the occasional homeruns. I see no effort. Thats all I think that is needed to be said other than these Maggs rumors are complete bulls***.

Do I need to calm down and say to myself, its only 1 series

Yes and yes. When you place too much emphasis on this series as many on this board do, you'll have a tendency to get too excited when we win a series against the Cubs or you'll be too disappointed when we lose it.

Don't forget, we are pretty short-handed too. No DH means that we are missing our best hitter in the Big Hurt. And with Maggs out, that essentially means that we are without our two best hitters this series, with pitching matchups that our to their favor. We've got a good team assembled here with an excellent shot at the playoffs. And I don't think a Cubs sweep will change that. I don't like it, but we got bigger fish to fry than pouting about one damn series.

Either way, cheer up. The sun will rise again tomorrow. Until then, in the words of the wonderful Oz, "Go out and get drunk." :drink

Cubs are not a bad team....wake up