This is all a test

The Beast

I have pride as a Sox fan but they are hurting my pride as a person because they don't do ANYTHING like today. I see pop ups, flyouts, strikeouts and groundouts. What I don't see is Ozzie Ball, with the singles, the stealings, the bunts, the triples, the doubles and the occasional homeruns. I see no effort. Thats all I think that is needed to be said other than these Maggs rumors are complete bulls***.

:headshake

Exactly, every player on the team should be batting 1.000 and all the pitcher's ERA's should be 0.00.....

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Either way, cheer up.  The sun will rise again tomorrow.  Until then, in the words of the wonderful Oz, "Go out and get drunk." :drink

Underaged. Maybe I could dig a whole in my back yard and live there for a week or two. :ph34r:

We all get frustrated at some times, but do you see us making a thread out of it?

Like valponick said, just be a true fan and stick with your team instead of posting all of this bulls***.

I'm stopping whenever the posting stops in this thread.

I am a real fan. A real White Sox fan. Its just very frustrating to be hearing all these s***ty rumors about Maggs and this Atlanta deal THAT WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER GO DOWN IN TRANSACTIONS. I'm really sick of it. I mean I can deal with losing, but if we show no effort like today then I get pissed, see the difference? Exactly.

Beastly

Go get a vacation....I know you are a teenager so I understand your confusion about most things....chill though bro....it is not the end of the world

We beat the Cubs in one series, if we lose the other it is OK

Remember we won the series twice last year but they were playing in the NLCS, not us

CHILL

Wheres the Ozzie Ball? Hits, runs, singles, doubles, walks, triples, sacrifice bunts, aggressiveness, stolen bases ect.

Beastly

You do not get singles by just saying, you know what we will only get single...if that could occur every team would do it

And you cannot hit and run, sacrifice, steal bases etc if you are not on the base pads

I saw Rowand steal yesterday.

Did you expect Frank to bunt with two outs and two on today?

When there are situations that dictate it, they are doing it

Just because there are ground outs, fly outs and pop outs DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE SWINGING FOR THE FENCES....good pitchers make hitters look silly .... you know the Cubs DO have a very very very good team....they play in the toughest division in baseball and are still in contention without almost every player at some point or the other

Well I see that the game is being delayed.

I did not watch the game yesterday so I didn't see Rowands steal.

My point of this thread was...

1. Why are writers coming out with all these Magglio rumors when there has been no confirmation? (Business obviously)

2. I just wanted a close game, no blow out, just a fair effort.

3. I'm worried about the off-season.

*Bump* *Bump* *Bump* my head on my desk...

Seriously this organizations position right now sucks. We have a potential free agent in Magglio Ordonez, a few trades being made, hurt feelings to be had if Ordonez is traded, a load of messes if Garcia and Ordonez leave via free agency and all this jazz about losing to the cross town rival Chicago Cubs...I don't know if we can consider this team to be a winning playoff team. Right now I'm not sure about the division either. That Minnesota series wasn't a fluke, but how do you even compare this by losing to a team who has lost all of these players and such, and by not getting any hits in this washup today. I can't understand anything right now and right now I am very confused of what Kenny Williams expects to do with all of this. Are we worthy of being a playoff team? Will we lose this game and tomarrow as well, therefore being humiliated til next year? Will we get a trade not involving Magglio? (Or is that not possible, we MUST trade Magglio to get jack diddly squat.) We need Magglio right now, not get rid of him.  Maybe we weren't in line for that fortune cookie when we gave up Olivo. Its very hard to swollow right now. Do I need to calm down and say to myself, its only 1 series, we have plenty more, or what else is needed to relieve my worries and anxiety about this ballclub? :huh

"My suggestion to you is, start drinking heavily." (Animal House)

1. KW had a press conference yesturday about it. What more comfirmation do you want Beastly??

2. I dont think either of these games have been blow outs, but considering you didnt even see yesturday, its stupid to talk about it

3.How bout you worry about this season first, then once its all over we will worry about the off-season?

ok?

Wheres the transcript of the whole thing with KW? I need either a written or oral transcript of this conference or I will not believe it.

Friday, July 2, 2004

GM anticipates getting something done

CHICAGO -- Chicago White Sox general manager Ken Williams is hopeful of agreeing to a contract extension with injured star right fielder Magglio Ordonez.

Ordonez, the subject of trade rumors, is in the final season of a $29.5 million, three-year deal that is paying him $14 million this season.

In the offseason, Ordonez said he'd like to stay in Chicago with a long-term deal similar to ones signed by Vladimir Guerrero and Miguel Tejada. Guerrero got a $70 million, five-year contract from Anaheim, and Tejada received a $72 million, six-year deal from Baltimore.

"We'll put something forth that is not too far away from what he originally wanted," Williams said. "We want to make sure we have some sort of protection in the event that he's not healthy in that fifth year, certainly not taking away any of the overall dollars. I think the framework is there for a deal to be consummated. Only time will tell and only he will be able to give us that indication."

Ordonez, a four-time All-Star, had surgery to repair torn cartilage in his left knee June 5. He was not with the White Sox before Friday's 6-2 loss to the Cubs.

"I don't know where he is. I haven't seen him for what, four days," White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said. "When you are on the DL, you can do whatever you want to do."

White Sox trainer Herm Schneider said Ordonez was spending the time in a Chicago suburb rehabilitating his injury.

"We backed him off and did some therapy in a more consistent environment. It's just too small here and we can't get done what we need to get done," Schneider said. "I have been in touch with him." The original estimate was for Ordonez, who is batting .311 with eight homers and 34 RBI, to miss four to six weeks.

It's a famous line from "Animal House".

The point is, chill!

The Sox play down to the level of inferior teams, i.e. the Expos, the Cubs, the Tigers (last year) etc.

I get really agitated when people refer to drinking for underaged teens. I know people who do it and I wish they'd burn in hell for it and making the wrong choice. Their decision.

Is the game back on?

Then have a virgin dacquery or something.

My morals are different than others, because I don't forsee wanting to waste away a life of being an athlete and becoming a starter on DGS' Varsity Football team. I'm sorry if I have a virgin taste.

My morals are different than others, because I don't forsee wanting to waste away a life of being an athlete and becoming a starter on DGS' Varsity Football team. I'm sorry if I have a virgin taste.

I applaud your philosophy on the matter. But any references to going out and getting drunk are figuritively speaking. What we are really saying is to cool down a little. I think we are all frustrated at the moment, but we are hardly in the position to panic.

1st place is a nice place to be.

Yes, I get s*** from Cub fans.  There's no Cub fans in Indiana.... Everyone I know is a Cub fan; I don't know any Chisox fans in town.

I was on a non sports message board a few months ago, and I mentioned that I was a baseball fan.

"Oh what team?"

"The White Sox"

"Wow! I've never met a White Sox fan before!"

:headshake

Don't apologize, Beastly!

Make your own choices, and "stick to your guns"!

:headbang

I'm pretty new to this site.  I've been a Sox fan all my life, born on the Southeast side.  That being said I will say this.  I have never read so much bulls*** in my life as I have on these boards in the weeks I've been visiting.  I have never seen so many people who are supposed to be "diehard" fans to quick to s*** on the team they love, criticize its players, GM, Manager and even its own fans.  We lose a series to the cubs? So what.  We get swept by the cubs? So what.  Pride is one thing but winning the division is the ultimate goal.  If we take 6 of 6 from the cubs and miss the playoffs, the entire year is a bust.  We lose 4 of 6 and are playing into October then the year was a success.  Being a  fan of this team at times is VERY frustrating but that is what being a fan is all about.  You ride your team through the ups and downs.  Everytime a pitcher has a bad outing or a fielder makes an error etc.  I read 5 posts about how that guy should be traded or WE NEED TO MAKE A TRADE and other types of bulls***.  Kenny Williams is doing the BEST job he can and giving our team the BEST possible opportunity to win ballgames, get into the playoffs and make a run at a World Series ring.  This team is fine, in much better position than last year and everyone knows is traditionally a much better second half team.  We are going to be fine, just be a TRUE fan and stick with your team instead of posting all of this bulls***.  This post isn't meant to be a blast to the people who post on this site, I've definitely read some posts from some obvioiusly spirited fans.  Just my 2 cents.

That, my new friend, is THE post of the year! :cheers :notworthy :cheers :usa