White Sox History

JoshPR

The Worst season yet for Owner Jerry Reinsdorf and one of the worst in team History saw the WhiteSox finish 7th (69-92)in the American League West. Harold Baines led the Hitters with a .321 average but was traded to Texas along with second baseman Fred Manrique for a package of young players. Greg Walker (.210) again battled through injury and so did Catcher Carlton Fisk (.293). Fisk had 13 homers and 68 RBI’s in 103 games. Left Fielder Ivan Calderon had a solid season hitting .286 with 14 homers and 87 RBI’s. Rookie Carlos Martinez called up in may hit .300. Short Stop Ozzie Guillen (.253) added 36 steals and young Lance Johnson (.300) had 12. Melido Perez Led the pitchers with 11 wins and was the only pitcher in double digits, Eric King had 9. Jerry Reuss (5.06 ERA) had 8 wins but was traded to Milwaukee in July. Bobby Thigpen added 34 saves again and Donn Pall 6

Harold Baines led the Hitters with a .321 average but was traded to Texas along with second baseman Fred Manrique for a package of young players.

a lot of circumstances around that - is that the time we rushed the "retirement" of #3 - and who were the players in that package.............

a lot of circumstances around that - is that the time we rushed the "retirement" of #3 - and who were the players in that package.............

As you well know, only Wilson Alvarez, Sammy Sosa and Scott Fletcher. By the way the Sox in 1989 lost 11 straight home games between May 19 and June 3, and were getting whomped doing it. I remember seeing all of those games, and feeling, well we must have hit bottom tonight. Several times.

As you well know, only Wilson Alvarez, Sammy Sosa and Scott Fletcher. By the way the Sox in 1989 lost 11 straight home games between May 19 and June 3, and were getting whomped doing it. I remember seeing all of those games, and feeling, well we must have hit bottom tonight. Several times.

But didn't this same team pull off a 13 or 14 game win streak?

Alvarez and Fletcher were great pick ups.

The skinny kid with the arm was impressive until his attitude and jewelry and lack of performace and over all hot doggery made me happy when we traded him away and I have never regretted getting rid of that clown.

Wasn't '89 also the year when Greg Walker suffered that seizure. Man, that was almost tragic. I remember reading in the Sun-Times Walker saying that Herm Schneider saved his life.

Alvarez and Fletcher were great pick ups.

The skinny kid with the arm was impressive until his attitude and jewelry and lack of performace and over all hot doggery made me happy when we traded him away and I have never regretted getting rid of that clown.

which one again? :ph34r: :lol:

Wasn't '89 also the year when Greg Walker suffered that seizure.  Man, that was almost tragic.  I remember reading in the Sun-Times Walker saying that Herm Schneider saved his life.

No, it was 1988