Tonight is important for Buehrle

aboz56

1) He's never been that great against the Cubs, 2-2 lifetime with an era over 6...

2) We need a win to avoid being swept by the Cubs and losing the season series as well...

3) The pitchers for the AL all-star team will not be selected until later this week, so if Buehrle wants to make the team, he needs a lights out game tonight and I think he'll be on there if he picks up win #9.

1) He's never been that great against the Cubs, 2-2 lifetime with an era over 6...

2) We need a win to avoid being swept by the Cubs and losing the season series as well...

3) The pitchers for the AL all-star team will not be selected until later this week, so if Buehrle wants to make the team, he needs a lights out game tonight and I think he'll be on there if he picks up win #9.

I had not been thinking of the 3rd possibility - thanks for mentioning it :headbang

Wait...

Aren't all star teams chosen tonight?

Just the position players and the starting pitchers, from what I understand.

The pitchers will be chosen later this week from what I've read.

Just the position players and the starting pitchers, from what I understand.

The pitchers will be chosen later this week from what I've read.

Oh, I was under the impression the whole roster was chosen tonight.

But I am usually wrong.

That would be great if Buehrle made it though.

Aw that sucks.

Anyone think Garcia may have an outside chance because of his ERA and K's if they don't look at wins?

No, I think here are the guys from our club with chances...

Frank

Konerko

Uribe

Buehrle

Takatsu

Frank

Konerko

Uribe

Buehrle

Takatsu

Frank-I'm thinkin our only selection.

Konerko-Will make it if Frank doesn't.

Uribe-Slump has really hurt his chances, Soriano and Belliard over him

Buehrle-One more good start would have really helped, outside shot

Takatsu-Should be in but they will probably take full season closers over him

I have a bad feeling Frank will be our only selection.

Just look at his f***ing record. If only the Mariners had helped him out, he’d be there.

Record is such a useless stat though.

ERA is the only stat that I use for pitchers.

I figure the managers should realize that wins aren't as important as ERA. But if they don't realize that then so be it.

Record is such a useless stat though.

ERA is the only stat that  I use for pitchers.

I figure the managers should realize that wins aren't as important as ERA.  But if they don't realize that then so be it.

Try to tell that to the managers. I’ve only seen pitchers with some good records. Such as a 9-2 with a 3. something ERA.

Boz, I had actaully heard what you heard, that it is pitchers later this week. So I think you were right the first time.

Same with me. I heard it on ESPN (SportsCenter).

Boz, I had actaully heard what you heard, that it is pitchers later this week. So I think you were right the first time.

I don't know. I think I thought I remember hearing the pitcher's being announced today, but I vaguely remember. I do remember it took a while until they announced E-Lo as starting pitcher though.

I also heard that Thomas is going to be on the bench for the third game in a row.  I have no idea why...

But getting back to topic, we need a W from Buerhle tonight.

Okay. Thomas is my favorite player, but still you have to understand this. Either way Ozzie's going to make people unhappy. He's going to start Thomas and then you're going to lose Konerko's numbers (.277, 20, 54), OR he's going to start Konerko and you're going to lose Thomas' numbers (.275, 18, 49). And by the looks of that, who's numbers are better?

Okay.  Thomas is my favorite player, but still you have to understand this.  Either way Ozzie's going to make people unhappy.  He's going to start Thomas and then you're going to lose Konerko's numbers (.277, 20, 54), OR he's going to start Konerko and you're going to lose Thomas' numbers (.275, 18, 49).  And by the looks of that, who's numbers are better?

And who has a better glove?

More importantly, the Sox need MB to win to help his team stay in 1st place.