NCAA Football 2005

aboz56

U guys know that the new ESPN football game is gonna be 20 bucks. CRipes, temps me to get that over madden.  ESPN's is supposed to be pretty badass this year.  I'm guessing its theri marketing ploy to get people to try it over madden and figure out its actually a pretty good game (Or so they hope). 

Madden could put out the s***tiest game ever this year and it would still kill in sales.  Not that their game will be s***ty, its supposed to be pretty badass.

ESPN NFL 2K5 Review from IGN, got a 9.4. Wow, looks like a winner here.

ESPN NFL 2K5 Review

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN is gonna be awesome, read the review and see all the cool s***. You can replay the top 25 moments in NFL history, you can buy 40 different touchdown dances to assign to your players, and the gameplay has cool little tweaks that make it realistic.

Wow, those sliders are the s***.

In my Ok. State dynasty I stumbled to 3-5 before tonight, but then in my first game with the sliders I was playing #5 Oklahoma.

In a defensive battle I upset them big time, 10-6.

That was awesome!

Ok cool, that makes me feel a bit better.  I was beginning to think I really sucked ass.  On a sidenote, I have the s***tiest qb ever.  And my receivers must be smoking the reefer 24/7 cause they are awful. Hell, I wish I had Dez White.

What team are you playing with?

Wow, those sliders are the s***.

In my Ok. State dynasty I stumbled to 3-5 before tonight, but then in my first game with the sliders I was playing #5 Oklahoma.

In a defensive battle I upset them big time, 10-6.

That was awesome!

If you just play on All American with 7 minute quarters thats just as good too...

YES there are a lot of dropped passes I wont deny that, but i still complete a large ammount of passes and get good yards and TD's

Ok, so i found the first major error in NCAA 2005...

I was playing wisky and leonhard (safety on wisky) was back to receive my punt...i ran down and put a big hit on him right when he caught the ball. He fumbled and i recovered. Then the camera goes to the sideline and shows RON TURNER yelling at leonhard...and then leonhard walks behind him to have a sit on the ILLINI bench. I was mystified...i didn't know if a brawl was about to start or what the hell this was. That was very weird.

Over at operationsports.com, alot of the people are getting as frustrated with the game as I am. The AI cannot pass worth a damn if your running a zone, way too many dropped passes, and overall the game isn't just all that fun this year. I'm having major problems enjoying it right now.

Y'all can't f***in do this to me. I just went out and bought the game b/c how awesome all these people on here said it was, and now y'all are saying it's really not that great. I hope I didn't waste $49.99 on a game that's not that good. However, after playing it for the first time, I'm not sure what to think yet. For some reason, I don't feel that the graphics are as good as last years game, or maybe it's that the screen is further back from the play, which makes the players seem smaller, I'm not sure. I like the new features, I just wish they would have added them to the exact game from last year. All that being said, I still really like the game, however, I don't know if it was worth $50. Here's how I did in my first game, playing 3 minute quarters on JV difficulty. I was Illinois and beat Northwestern, 28-0. My offense had 211 total yards. Beutjer was 7-10 for 198 and 2 TD's, 0 Int's. It was my defense, though, that was awesome. The computer had (-2) yards of total offense. Their QB was 1-14 for 15 yards passing, with the only completion coming with 49 seconds left in the game. I played man-to-man coverage almost the whole game. My D also had 6 sacks. I didn't change any sliders; I just played it how it was.

Back from Eastern (even though I brought my PS2 there :lol: ), and even though a lot of you guys are dissappointed in the game, it's still fine IMO. I know that it's hard to pass, and there's a lot of dropped passes, but I don't like a game where I get every break. I get pissed when that happens too, but if a game is too easy, I get sick of it within a month or two.

But - until I win a National Championship, I'll probably still play the game. My passing game is still s*** right now, but that's OK, because Noah Herron is picking it up right now.

And it kind of sucked - Brett Basanez got caught copying a friend's homework, and now I had to suspend him for a game. I still won the game 14-0 (defense much too easy, I'm gonna have to make CPU Run game AI better), but - oh well.

Anyways - once I get surround sound, it's gonna kick ass.

Btw - after I got home from Eastern, I went to Hooters. I love Hooters... :headbang

I'm playing an exhibition game right now, syracuse (me) vs. west virgina.....probably the most fun game I've played yet....i tried out some new sliders, I'll post them after the game, they're AWESOME.

I dont see why the messed with the playbooks and gameplay they had from last year. I thought it was awesome. All they really had to do was make the graphics better and throw in the other stuff in recruiting.

someone suggested they took out so many plays because they knew their AI got pummeled with those plays.....so instead of fixing the AI they just put in new plays.

It is cool playing with a guy you know though. Kinda cool.

Yeah, I'm can't wait to play w/ Ole Miss b/c my high school's star football player from last year plays DT for them. Also, one of my brothers good friends that he played football with played for Duke, and still would but sadly, he died in a car crash about 3 weeks ago; But, he's the starting DE for Duke in the game, so it's kinda wierd to see that, knowing that he's not here anymore.

I played my brother (I was BYU vs. Utah). We passed a lot. The key to the passing game is that the recievers cannot just run straight. If ya get a play with a bunch of cutting with the receiver you have a better shot. That and I've found they catch a higher percentage of lobs than bullet passes. I probably ended the game with 45% completion.

Yeah, I'm can't wait to play w/ Ole Miss b/c my high school's star football player from last year plays DT for them.  Also, one of my brothers good friends that he played football with played for Duke, and still would but sadly, he died in a car crash about 3 weeks ago; But, he's the starting DE for Duke in the game, so it's kinda wierd to see that, knowing that he's not here anymore.

I think im the only person in this whole forum who can say that they have played against Vincent Young (Starting QB for Texas) Courtney Lewis (Starting RB for A&M) and Selvin Young (Back up RB for Texas)

Vincent single handedly beat our team in the second round of the Texas 5A State Playoffs in 2002.. He ran all over the place and returned an INT for a Touchdown, which my friend threw, lol, so I always give him s*** and say "Hey at least you can tell your kids you threw Vincemt Young a TD pass in High School"

Courtney Lewis was on Vincent Youngs team that year as well as the starting RB (They Played for Houston Madison) He also tore apart our defense..

Selvin Young played for Jersey Villiage and they sucked ass, but he was good.. We beat them 34 - 14 in the second game of the year...

Playing High School Football in Texas, I have played against quite a few high profile college athletes

I restarted my illinois dynasty w/ sliders, I'm 2-1 so far....they make the game 10x more enjoyable. I forgot to post them last night, but here they are:

SN's v1.3 Sliders

6-8 minutes per quarter

(For realistic stats, please try to average 60-75 offensive plays, if you got more plays in than 75, reduce mins per quarter, vice versa for under 60 plays as well.)

Offense...(CPU/HUM)

QB Accuracy..........16/15

Pass Block............18/13

WR Catching.........16/15

RB Ab....................18/12

Running Block........20/14

Defense...(CPU/HUM)

Awareness.............17/7

Knockdown.............8/8

Interceptions..........15/7

Break Block.............11/6

Tackling...................14/9