NCAA Football 2005

aboz56

I restarted my illinois dynasty w/ sliders, I'm 2-1 so far....they make the game 10x more enjoyable.  I forgot to post them last night, but here they are:

SN's v1.3 Sliders

6-8 minutes per quarter

(For realistic stats, please try to average 60-75 offensive plays, if you got more plays in than 75, reduce mins per quarter, vice versa for under 60 plays as well.)

Offense...(CPU/HUM)

QB Accuracy..........16/15

Pass Block............18/13

WR Catching.........16/15

RB Ab....................18/12

Running Block........20/14

Defense...(CPU/HUM)

Awareness.............17/7

Knockdown.............8/8

Interceptions..........15/7

Break Block.............11/6

Tackling...................14/9

Special Teams...(CPU/HUM)

FG Length...............12/10

FG Accuracy.............3/10

Punt Length............16/11

Punt Accuracy..........17/13

Kickoff Length..........9/9

Penalties Sliders

(All on!)

False Start..............(8)

Holding...................(6)

Facemask...............(4)

Offense PI..............(10)

Defense PI.............(10)

Clipping..................(4)

Int. Grounding........(10)

Roughing Passer....(10)

Roughing Kicker......(10)

Unsportsmanlike.....(4)

thanks for posting the new sliders

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 8-0 in my dynasty with Michigan State. I just moved into the #2 spot overall after shutting out U of M 42-0 at the Big House. :o I couldn't believe how great my passing was that game, it's the only time it has ever been good. My next game will be against #7 OSU and if I win that I'll probably take over the #1 position in the polls and bowl standings. Home field advantage seems to work reverse on me because I almost lost at home to Illinois and Minnesota, but shutout Iowa (#3) and Michigan (#2 at the time) on the road. :huh

I'm going to try these sliders tonight...what are the big differences you notice?

um....you can pass, the computer can run. Makes realistic games. I'm 2-2 w/ illinois, lost to UCLA and purdue.

um....you can pass, the computer can run.  Makes realistic games.  I'm 2-2 w/ illinois, lost to UCLA and purdue.

SnB, with those sliders, is the game still hard on AA? I mean, I'm Northwestern; I shouldn't be dominating teams like Ohio State and Michigan. I like how, in NCAA 2005, it's really, really hard for me to win games like those. Could you explain a bit more what those sliders will do, besides improve CPU run game and USER pass game?

SnB, with those sliders, is the game still hard on AA?  I mean, I'm Northwestern; I shouldn't be dominating teams like Ohio State and Michigan.  I like how, in NCAA 2005, it's really, really hard for me to win games like those.  Could you explain a bit more what those sliders will do, besides improve CPU run game and USER pass game?

The game is realistically hard. Without the sliders, i went 6-0 w/ illinois, that shouldn't happen :lol:

I'm 2-2 so far, got BLOWN out by purdue 52-24.

Hey - one more question SnB. Sorry if this sounds stupid, but when you have something on your sliders like QB Accuracy 16/13 (I know those aren't your ratings), what do you mean? Like, when I go to the AI Settings, it has a - and a +, and then I can raise the bar, or lower it. Does that mean, say if you have 16 CPU QB Accuracy, I go 16 clicks starting from the - going to the +?

EDIT: Ah, screw it, I answered my own question. :D

Hey - one more question SnB.  Sorry if this sounds stupid, but when you have something on your sliders like QB Accuracy 16/13 (I know those aren't your ratings), what do you mean?  Like, when I go to the AI Settings, it has a - and a +, and then I can raise the bar, or lower it.  Does that mean, say if you have 16 CPU QB Accuracy, I go 16 clicks starting from the - going to the +?

EDIT:  Ah, screw it, I answered my own question.  :D

glad i could help :lol:

Just bought the game, and I love it.

What the f*** are sliders?

Anyway I started a dynasty with Army, and can't wait 'till a bigger school offers me a contract.

Anyway, I haven't passed that often because army has a decent tailback, and the qb is fast, but I noticed that calling button hooks or crossing patterns doesn't guaruntee a completion as it did in Madden.

I love all the extra features, and the enhanced running game.

So far

Army 48 Dartmouth 0

Army 7 Lousville 21 :angry: (2 fumbles within my own 30 killed me)

love the game, especially the crowd s***, and the timeout features.

IMO, better than madden. (to be fair, I enjoyed madden until I got sick of blowing out the computer)

Just finished up the most enjoyable/frustrating game so far.

Illinois (me) @ Mich St.

Both teams 3-2....

I ended up losing 17-10 in a great defensive battle. It seemed everytime i had a 3rd and close or get in the red zone, the spartans stepped up, the crowd definitely helped them. Along with 3 fumbles......damn.

Was so damn fun though, kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time.

when u take a timeout... Like they have the bars next to O-line, backfield, Recieves... Is there any indication on whicho one you should pick... or is jus a guess on your part pretty much

thanx go illini

You probly should pick the one that is the least composed/most red. Red means bad players, green good. Full white circle is composed, empty is rattled.

So take the combo that is most red/least composed and improve them. Or, if you know you are going to be passing in the last 2 minutes or so, i will usually talk to the receivers.

4 minutes? That's not even a football game.

I like to play 4 or 5 minute games for the first couple of seasons in my dynasty until I can built my own team. I like playing with my own guys that I recruited more than with guys that play now, so I'll start playing longer games later when I get my team assembled. I don't know why, but for some reason, it just feels special to play with guys that wanted to come to your school b/c you recruited them.

Yeah, i see your point about more fun with 'your' team...but a 4 minute game is just way too short for me. Hell, if you have the ball at the start of the 4th with a lead, you can basically run the clock out. It's just not enough time to determine a true winner, IMO

Just got the game. :headbang

Started a dynasty with Maryland(randomly selected them FWIW).

I noticed one thing real quickly...it's a hell of a lot harder to get to the QB this year...or maybe that's just me. I was on his ass all night long and only got 1 sack. Another thing I noticed was that I couldn't get a stop on 3rd down. After about the 8th 3rd down conversion by NIU, I went apes***. Also, after I changed up the sliders a bit, I had no problems passing. It's about as easy to pass as it is in 2004 IMO.

Game seems sweet though. Can't wait to play it some more.