NCAA Football 2005

aboz56

Well guys, I just finished my first game.  Lost 10-0 to Michigan.  Man - it's f***ing loud as hell.  The controller shakes like crazy too.  This one time I tried to call an audible, and I guess my players didn't know what to do, so when the ball was snapped, my QB just tucked the ball and started to run.  It's awesome.  The cornerback play is much improved (I had two user picks!).

It's an awesome game - I can't start my dynasty till I download the rosters later in the week though, so that sucks.  But if you have any questions, let me know.

(Oh, and there's a create-a-sign feature.  I'm gonna create multiple signs!  :lol: )

Back so quick?? I thought you were disappearing for weeks. :lol: Well, sounds like fun, when you say download the rosters, does that mean you can get their names in the game?

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back so quick??  I thought you were disappearing for weeks. :lol: Well, sounds like fun, when you say download the rosters, does that mean you can get their names in the game?

Yeah - I have this Sharkport thing that you plug into the USB and get the rosters. It's pretty sweet - If we meet up at the Sox game, I can bring an extra memory card with the rosters on 'em, and you can just take my memory card and send it back to me.

Yeah - I have this Sharkport thing that you plug into the USB and get the rosters.  It's pretty sweet - If we meet up at the Sox game, I can bring an extra memory card with the rosters on 'em, and you can just take my memory card and send it back to me.

That's fricken awesome. That would be awesome, when's the next game your going to?

Yeah - I have this Sharkport thing that you plug into the USB and get the rosters.  It's pretty sweet - If we meet up at the Sox game, I can bring an extra memory card with the rosters on 'em, and you can just take my memory card and send it back to me.

Count me in for this

Through a couple of games, here are my observations:

-Defense is so much fun to play. Using the Big-Hit control, I've had at least four big hits so far, and a bunch of them on wide receivers to make them drop the pass. One even caused a fumble.

-I played at Ohio State, and let me tell you - it is seriously loud as hell. From the moment they run out of the tunnel, especially on defense. We're getting surround sound installed very soon, so it's going to be awesome.

-On offense, it's pretty hard to throw the football. Well - it's not hard, it's just, IMHO, it's easier to run. Draw plays as well as the option are very effective.

-I really like the system of 'hot-and-cold' players that they have installed this year. If a player of yours gets rattled easily, and you're playing at a place like Michigan or Ohio State, avoid throwing it to them as much as possible.

-I haven't started a dynasty yet, but that is probably where the game gets very good. They've talked about suspensions, transfers, recruiting, etc, and all are new/improved this year.

That's about it - again - I've only played three games.

For those who've already played, is it just me, or is hard to control your celebrations? I tried doing a player 'light' celebration, but the mascot would show up. Same thing when I score TDs too. Well - let me know.

I'm going to get mine in about an hour, can't wait :headbang

CWSGuy and Krush we SOOO need to get together for a sox game sometime this summer.

SnB, great idea. I've already met Krush, but all three of us need to get together for a game. I'll have my license in a week or two, so I'll be able to drive up to the Cell and tailgate a bit too. I got that cornhole (the bags game where you throw it through a wooden hole) game too, and I'm ready to dominate you both in that too, just like I will in NCAA 2005... ;)

I just picked mine up + preordered madden.

Haven't gotten a chance to play it yet, I'll give my first impressions tonight.

Did you preorder the collectable edition of Madden?

It sounds freakin sweet.

Also, I can't wait to get this damn game!

Yeah - I didn't pre-order that one, but doesn't it have like all of the old Madden games on their too?  That's awesome...

Yeah it's got like 3 or 4 of the old Madden games, a Madden trivia game, some historical teams, and some more stuff.

Did you preorder the collectable edition of Madden?

It sounds freakin sweet.

Also, I can't wait to get this damn game!

yeah, i preordered the collection edition.

Off to play NCAA, later boys :headbang

OK - here are my disputes with the game so far:

-First, sometimes, when you decide to carry the ball with your QB (like in times when you're under pressure), you hit L2 (the tuck button), your QB takes a couple steps toward the direction of the linemen. Not good.

-Second, when you try and run the hurry up offense, it only lets you call the fake spike play/spike play - as opposed to calling your regular play. And it doesn't let you change your play until your whole team is fully assembled at the Line of scrimmage. This take a TON of time off the clock.

I'm playing my first game on All-American, Northwestern vs Notre Dame, and I'm losing 10-0 at halftime. I can't do a damn thing on offense. I might have to change playbooks, because this playbook sucks right now. I'll let you know how it ends.

One more thing - for those who've played a game or two, is it just me, or are you guys fumbling a lot?

First impressions.

I played 2 halves of 2 different games, 2 different diff. levels.

First game:

Ohio State at Michigan (Me) Varsity Diff.

Was leading 21-0 at the half. That stadium gets LOUD. Anytime Ohio St. had a 3rd down, the crowd went nuts.

Second game:

Illinois (me) at Florida St. All-American

Was losing 14-0 at half. Big difficulty change between the two. It's so much hard to be visitor....Try kicking a FG, so hard.

-TONS of new tackling animations. So much more realistic.

-Players run differently, you'll notice it right away....in a good way.

-The whole home field advantage is as big as you would expect.

If anyone has any questions, ask away.

If anyone has any questions, ask away.

Have you tried to create a player yet? If so, is it better, the same, or worse than last year's "create a player"? I loved how you could create players last year, so I hope that it's at least just as good; if it worse, that will suck.

Does you know how much a dial-up internet connection will affect playing the game online? I mean, will it take a really long time to connect(if so, how long?) and/or will the gameplay be slow, too. Because if that's the case, I won't be able to play online unless my parents agree to get high speed internet ;)

Have you tried to create a player yet?  If so, is it better, the same, or worse than last year's "create a player"?  I loved how you could create players last year, so I hope that it's at least just as good; if it worse, that will suck.

Does you know how much a dial-up internet connection will affect playing the game online? I mean, will it take a really long time to connect(if so, how long?) and/or will the gameplay be slow, too. Because if that's the case, I won't be able to play online unless my parents agree to get high speed internet

create-a-player seems decent to me, can't really answer your question because i don't think I ever used it last year.

And w/ a dial-up, your gameplay probably will be pretty choppy/laggy.....