Frank and the All-Star game

CSF

With the fan voting now closed, Frank is 2nd to Giambi for 1st basemen in AL voting. However, because Giambi has been out with the parasite problem, do you really think he's gonna play in the game. I heard he's scheduled to return to the Yankee lineup this week. It would be nice to see Frank starting the game, considering he got screwed out of it last year.

With the fan voting now closed, Frank is 2nd to Giambi for 1st basemen in AL voting.  However, because Giambi has been out with the parasite problem, do you really think he's gonna play in the game.  I heard he's scheduled to return to the Yankee lineup this week.  It would be nice to see Frank starting the game, considering he got screwed out of it last year.

My guess is that Giambi will start the game and Ortiz will be picked as the reserve. I don't think Frank or Konerko will make it unfortunately. I'd say Uribe at 2nd base, or Buehrle.

Somone on sportsline.com is on crack because they said we would have

Buehrle

Loaiza

Uribe

Loaiza?

I am struck by the thought that Frank could indeed make it. We are in 1st place. MB is almost a given. Frank has great stats and got screwed last year and needs a make up invite and with all the heavy lumber on the NL side in the plus 500 HR club having some 400s home run hitters might be just what the AL wants

and I can't see Uribe going for so sure. He has way cooled down.

If Joe Torre was the reason then why would he take David Ortiz?

Oh I hope he's there. I really want to see him in Houston, but damn I'm really starting to get sick of how the ASG works. They bumped Zito off the team last year just because they thought Clemens would never be in another one, and look who's going to start for the NL this year. :rolleyes: And I'm still a little pissed that probably the franchise's greatest player was off the team when the ASG was in his own park, when he had deserving numbers.

They bumped Zito off the team last year just because they thought Clemens would never be in another one, and look who's going to start for the NL this year.

i thought zito didn't go because the A's manager didn't want him to pitch :huh:

Last year I was really mad when Thomas was placed on that ballot of 5 players the fans could vote in. They put Mags on that list the year before, and both times, the White Sox fans were outvoted by the Red Sox fans. Damon had more votes than Mags in 2002, & Varitek had more than Thomas in 2003.

Last year I was really mad when Thomas was placed on that ballot of 5 players the fans could vote in.  They put Mags on that list the year before, and both times, the White Sox fans were outvoted by the Red Sox fans.  Damon had more votes than Mags in 2002, & Varitek had more than Thomas in 2003.

This year if there is a Sox guy on 30th man or whatever...

HE IS GETTING IN!