****Official All-Star Thread****

CWSGuy406

I will not watch the All-Star Game. You cannot tell me that the Twins and Sox both only deserve one player, while a team that is behind both of them gets four players. I will not watch any of the festivities. I have zero interest because it is not the best players going. Barry Larkin is another question for me.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not even an All-Star game anymore.  It's an All-Who's the Most Popular among Fans, Players, Manager-Game.  It should be about the numbers, but unfortunately, it isn't.

No, that is what it is ultimately about. It is all about money and fans wanting to see. I disagree with each team, as the reason I will not watch, but the eight year olds who only know Sosa, Griffey, and co, want to see them.

When we win the World Series this season Ozzie will end up taking 6 White Sox next year who deserve to be there and pull all of the Yankee starters voted in by idiot fans after the 1st inning. We've been screwed over for years.

Apperently Frank was f***ing pissed when he found out he wasn't on the team.

I would be too. He's the leader in on base percentage in the whole f***ing AL. His slugging is 5th (funny thing is that Valentin's is 6th, wow. Konerko 10th). 6 of the top 10 sluggers are on the all-star team. 3 of the 4 not on the team are White Sox. Melvin Mora is the other, 9th in slugging. Frank is also 2nd in OPS. These are MVP numbers, how is he not on the all-star team? :headshake

Kolb has like 25 saves and a nonexistant ERA.

I think Kolb is a nice choice, I was just responding to whomever said Foulke shouldn't be there cuz the K's aren't there. Kolb just gets outs as well, not many K's.

If Travis Hafner makes the All-Star game, I will never watch it ever again.

You don't have to worry about that. Matsui is gonna win that final vote in a landslide. I'm done watching that s***.

i think gordon should make it. the one that bothers me is belliard over uribe. belliard stats aren't better than uribe's

Belliard has 31 points in batting average over Uribe. 49 points in on base. Uribe has 51 in slugging. OPS is dead even, 2 points for Uribe. Uribe has 1 more run and 1 more RBI. You can't tell me Belliard doesn't belong. It's a dead heat, I'd take Belliard because he has been doing it all year long. Uribe was ice cold in June.

Just for fun, here are my All Star starters. Too many pitchers to choose from. I'd go with what the AL has. But Foulke should probably be there somehow.

C=1Rod

1B=David Ortiz

2B=Soriano

SS=Carlos Guillen

3B= Blalock

OF=Manny

OF=Vlad

OF=Ichiro

Guess my team is pretty boring.