New Sox Commercial

CWSGuy406

Sorry If I'm making a big deal out of this, but the new Sox Pride are marketing Frank Thomas; and I love the idea. In the commercial, it says '14 Seasons, 1 Uniform'. And that's awesome :headbang . Brooks is a smart guy, he seems to know what we as fans want. I find the idea excellent, and the same thing should have been done with Maggs, but with his uncertainty for next year, I can understand why they aren't doing it.

Well - anyways, keep up the good work Brooks! :cheers :usa

EDIT: I also wanted to add that Thomas, to the casual fan, is greatly underappreciated, and I'm glad the Sox took the initiative and started to market him.

Sorry If I'm making a big deal out of this, but the new Sox Pride are marketing Frank Thomas; and I love the idea.  In the commercial, it says '14 Seasons, 1 Uniform'.  And that's awesome  :headbang .  Brooks is a smart guy, he seems to know what we as fans want.  I find the idea excellent, and the same thing should have been done with Maggs, but with his uncertainty for next year, I can understand why they aren't doing it.

Well - anyways, keep up the good work Brooks!  :cheers  :usa

Beat me to this thread. Also just saw the commercial, it's a really cool commercial. Brooks is doing a great job and I've loved everything he's done so far. :headbang :headbang

Beat me to this thread.  Also just saw the commercial, it's a really cool commercial.  Brooks is doing a great job and I've loved everything he's done so far. :headbang  :headbang

Yeah - I could do without the flying shirts between innings, but hey, whatever gets fans to pack the Cell.

Yeah - I could do without the flying shirts between innings, but hey, whatever gets fans to pack the Cell.

I was going to join in saluting the Frank Thomas commerical - which I haven't seen but it sounds great and marketing Frank is long overdo -

until i read this post and got distracted by it.

I understand the pizza races, airplane races, frog races. guess the ball under which hat thing, hey my kid is 9 and in the 6-7-8 years and even now really enjoys them and is part of his game experience (along with dippin' dots, a pretzel, and nachos, and singing OEO and Jose! Jose! Jose! Jose!).

But wtf are those flying shirt things? I can't figure that out. It is really lame. It is a minor league gimmick and all I see in the UD is shirts being given to rich folks in the lower deck boxes. When they give some shirts out in the UD I will change my opinion but it is stupid and just more freebies for those who least need it.

It's about time the sox started marketing Frank, He's arguably the best White Sock of all time and he's spent his whole damn career here. I was talken to a cub fan the other day he didn't even know Frank spent his whole career here. Frank Thomas is not widely known to the common fan. :usa

I was going to join in saluting the Frank Thomas commerical - which I haven't seen but it sounds great and marketing Frank is long overdo -

I understand the pizza races, airplane races, frog races. guess the ball under which hat thing, hey my kid is 9 and in the 6-7-8 years and even now really enjoys them and is part of his game experience (along with dippin' dots, a pretzel, and nachos, and singing OEO and Jose! Jose! Jose! Jose!).

But wtf are those flying shirt things?  I can't figure that out.  It is really lame.  It is a minor league gimmick and all I see in the UD is shirts being given to rich folks in the lower deck boxes.  When they give some shirts out in the UD I will change my opinion but it is stupid and just more freebies for those who least need it.

you mean the people that pay the most and are there for every game? You mean the people that write the checks in December instead of waiting for half price night? Those people?

But wtf are those flying shirt things?  I can't figure that out.  It is really lame.  It is a minor league gimmick and all I see in the UD is shirts being given to rich folks in the lower deck boxes.  When they give some shirts out in the UD I will change my opinion but it is stupid and just more freebies for those who least need it.

Actually, I was in the upper deck at a Braves game and they had staff in the upper deck throw shirts to those up there, and I got one actually. They threw out a good number too, I'd say.

Sorry If I'm making a big deal out of this, but the new Sox Pride are marketing Frank Thomas; and I love the idea.  In the commercial, it says '14 Seasons, 1 Uniform'.  And that's awesome  :headbang .  Brooks is a smart guy, he seems to know what we as fans want.  I find the idea excellent, and the same thing should have been done with Maggs, but with his uncertainty for next year, I can understand why they aren't doing it.

Well - anyways, keep up the good work Brooks!  :cheers  :usa

EDIT:  I also wanted to add that Thomas, to the casual fan, is greatly underappreciated, and I'm glad the Sox took the initiative and started to market him.

awesome post and awesome thread. I couldn't agree with you more! :headbang :headbang

It is a minor league gimmick and all I see in the UD is shirts being given to rich folks in the lower deck boxes.

Anything to keep the ignorant assholes away from us. :rolleyes:

BTW.. Ribbie and others in the UD.. the above does not apply to you.

Guest JimH
you mean the people that pay the most and are there for every game? You mean the people that write the checks in December instead of waiting for half price night? Those people?

:lol: :lol:

I knew you couldn't resist!