maggsmaggs

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You want to see a swarm... dare to say something bad about Frank. :ph34r:

I love to bash Frank.

In fact, I'd love it if he'd quit b****ing about not making the all-stars.

Now, swarm me please.

I love to bash Frank.

In fact, I'd love it if he'd quit b****ing about not making the all-stars.

Now, swarm me please.

Actually.. he was b****ing about Paul not making it. Get it right.. :stick

How bout Frank not talking at all....That would be better. :lol:

Personally.. I like it when he calls out the sham of a voting process. It's a joke and it should be addressed.

BTW.. did you get my message about Megan on Friday?

Personally.. I like it when he calls out the sham of a voting process. It's a joke and it should be addressed.

Yes I did, she is coming down in early Aug for some Knights games so that should be fun. And hopefully we'll be doing some tailgaiting again with you later this summer.

I agree. The voting process should definately be addressed. If this is the way fans are going to treat it and approach it then it should be taken away from the fans.

Or make it so the player with the most electoral votes gets in. That way we are assured the best players will never play in the game. :lol:

I'm interested to see what the breakdown of years/millions will be. In the tradition of White Sox contract structuring, 27 million over 3 years doesn't average out to 9/yr. More like this:

5 million - 2005

10 million - 2006

12 million - 2007

This dealing burned us on Maggs, whose contract (signed in 2001) led into his 14 million salary of this year. If Garcia pitches well in his stinct with the Sox, his 2007 salary would become the starting ground to a new contract. Time would tell, and perhaps payroll will increase over the years, but would JR sign anything less than Cy Young for 12 million? Especially after Anaheim unloaded a 13 million/4 year deal in front of fat f*** Bartolo, and his 6.57 ERA.

Of course this is all speculation and I could be proven wrong. :D

You want to see a swarm... dare to say something bad about Frank. :ph34r:

If maggs leaves, then I think a lot of people will finally realize how much it has taken foe Frank to stay here over all these years, and they should probably have a lot more respect for him. I won't know what to think of Maggs if he keeps turning down our offers and signs elsewhere, but I know Frank has been on the Sox his entire Carer, and its looking more and more like he might retire here-- something amazing these days.

If maggs leaves, then I think a lot of people will finally realize how much it has taken foe Frank to stay here over all these years, and they should probably have a lot more respect for him. I won't know what to think of Maggs if he keeps turning down our offers and signs elsewhere, but I know Frank has been on the Sox his entire Carer, and its looking more and more like he might retire here-- something amazing these days.

I really agree about Frank. That's one of the reasons he's my favorite player in MLB.

And if this news is real about Garcia. AWESOME!! :headbang This can truly make losing Olivo and Reed a thing of the past now. We have ourselves a quality top of the rotation starter for the next 3 years.

:headbang

It's huge if we actually do resign him, I think that would get rid of a lot of the people bashing the trade, saying we gave up too much. My hope is that Mags will see that we are going for it and sign. I desperately want to see him stay, not only because he is my favorite player, but because he is our best hitter and we are really going to need him. Our lineup is above average without him(as long as we are not in an NL park), it is outstanding with him. I hope he realizes that it is doubtful he will get Vlad money anywhere but here.

There are times when I think about that as well. I know Frank has been friends with a lot of guys (say Olivo, Durham etc.) and has seen a lot of them go somewhere else. Frank has probably thought about going where his friend is at, but he knows Chicago is the place to be at. So whether his best friend stays or leaves, he will remain with the White Sox. It shows just how much he loves to play with this club.

There are times when I think about that as well. I know Frank has been friends with a lot of guys (say Olivo, Durham etc.) and has seen a lot of them go somewhere else. Frank has probably thought about going where his friend is at, but he knows Chicago is the place to be at. So whether his best friend stays or leaves, he will remain with the White Sox. It shows just how much he loves to play with this club.

I think it has a lot more to do with his kids than his friends.

I'm interested to see what the breakdown of years/millions will be.  In the tradition of White Sox contract structuring, 27 million over 3 years doesn't average out to 9/yr.  More like this:

5 million - 2005

10 million - 2006

12 million - 2007

I can live with that IF Freddy really has turned the (night club) corner and is poised to become a very good #2 we all want him to be. Big IF.

5 Mill next year?

Why, that still allows the Sox to swallow Unit's contract (assuming with Koch and Loaiza that's 10 Mill gone next year and with Valentin out and Ordonez possibly signing another back-loaded deal, that's another 7 Mill freed up) in 04 and 05.

Trading Konerko or Lee pays for Frank, Shingo and Buerhle's raises.