Today's game recap

Cali

Buehrle got into trouble in the second inning, giving up back-to-back singles to Jeffrey Hammonds and Wes Helms. After Javier Valentin popped out, former White Sox shortstop Royce Clayton doubled to deep left field, scoring Hammonds and Helms to tie the game at 2.

Guess Klayton did get us back

It says at the bottom that Buehrle's agent and the Sox are trying to work something out....and if not, he will be renewed for $430,000....that's better than taking $15,000 away from him. If they were nice...they'd give $20,000 back this year.

Buehrle got into trouble in the second inning, giving up back-to-back singles to Jeffrey Hammonds and Wes Helms. After Javier Valentin popped out, former White Sox shortstop Royce Clayton doubled to deep left field, scoring Hammonds and Helms to tie the game at 2.

No he didn't.....he'll be busy losing 100+ games while we're busy trying to win a division.

A double in the 2nd inning of the 8th ST game is "getting back at us"? Wow, guess I have some learning to do about the sport and the relevance of things. I thought baseball was all about what you're doing in October. Come to find out, all that matters is what you do in March. Thanks for setting me straight, though -- I do appreciate it.

Clayton will get back at us because Milwaukee won't be able to beat the Twins with Clayton hitting .185 for them.

What Milwaukee does vs. the Twins is irrelevant. What matters is what the White Sox do against the Twins. If we take care of our own business when it needs to be taken care of, we'll be just fine.

A double in the 2nd inning of the 8th ST game is "getting back at us"? Wow, guess I have some learning to do about the sport and the relevance of things. I thought baseball was all about what you're doing in October. Come to find out, all that matters is what you do in March. Thanks for setting me straight, though -- I do appreciate it.

:) dont be such a smart ass 420 :)

clujer, im not talking about him literally getting us back, because we all know these games mean nothing. What I'm talking about is his RBI double THIS game, right here, right now. Because there is NO WAY he can ever get us back unless he plays fantastically while his team kicks our ass in the World Series, which probably wont happen.

Clayton will get back at us because Milwaukee won't be able to beat the Twins with Clayton hitting .185 for them.

What Milwaukee does vs. the Twins is irrelevant. What matters is what the White Sox do against the Twins. If we take care of our own business when it needs to be taken care of, we'll be just fine.

We can make those games irrelevent if we can stomp the Twinkies all year... but I don't see that happening. They are too good of a team. So, yes, those 6 games the Twins play against the Brewers could be very relevent.

I don't think Clayton got back at the White SOx at all. I think for a player to get back at a team he was formerly with, he would have to make a play that would cost his team a game. Just because Clayton got 2 RBI's doesn't mean a thing. The Brewer's lost! He'll have to do a lot more than 2 RBI's to get back at the White Sox.

Actually, Klayton was having a pretty bad day after the RBI double.  :D  He bobbled a ground ball by Willie Harris, was charged with an error, and Harris later scored on the double by Konerko.

Klayton was also tagged out by Graff on a steal attempt.

20030306AZPC104.jpg

20030306AZPC102.jpg

courtesy of Sports Illustrated WS images

What beautiful pictures :D !

Yeah..... K-layton wears that Brew Crew uni well :headbang