Garcia signs contract extension

BobDylan

White Sox Resign Garcia

WSC News - By Mike Matha - 6/6/04

Sox sign Garcia to contract extension until 2007

The Chicago White Sox and starting pitcher Freddy Garcia have come to terms on a contract that extends his stay with the White Sox until 2007.

Garcia is slated to make 27 million over three years. The contract is set where in 2005 he’ll make 8 million, in 2006 he’ll make 9 million and in 2007, the final year of his contract, he’ll make 10 million.

Garcia is 1-0 with the White Sox, and carries an overall 5-7 record throughout 2004. The White Sox acquired Garcia in a deal that sent catcher Miguel Olivo, top prospect Jeremy Reed and prospect Michael Morse.

He is a career 77-50 with a 3.90 ERA, and spent five full seasons in Seattle before being traded to the White Sox.

The new contract is a pay raise for Garcia, who makes 6.875 million this season.

Once again, Welcome to Chicago Freddy!

This is surely big news for the White Sox and the fans. Today, Garcia makes his debut at the Cell in black and white. Our pitching rotation looks solid and we are playoff competitors. 2004 is our year and we have to give KW credit for what he’s done to help the Sox. Thank you Kenny! :notworthy

The huge thing is, with that kind of staff for the next few years, it doesn't look like we'll be unloading the team anytime soon.

Yeah, if we can get another young, good starter around these parts, then this team will have a great rotation for a few years. Maybe Garland or Diaz can complete our own "Big 3"

Great to know that we didn't lose Olivo for a rent-a-player. 

Kudos to KW!

Now let's hope he doesn't get complacent.

If we would have lost him for a rent a player, keny williams would most likely not have a job come next year. But now that he is signed his job is safe imo.

White Sox Resign Garcia

WSC News - By Mike Matha - 6/6/04

Sox sign Garcia to contract extension until 2007

The Chicago White Sox and starting pitcher Freddy Garcia have come to terms on a contract that extends his stay with the White Sox until 2007.

Garcia is slated to make 27 million over three years. The contract is set where in 2005 he’ll make 8 million, in 2006 he’ll make 9 million and in 2007, the final year of his contract, he’ll make 10 million.

Garcia is 1-0 with the White Sox, and carries an overall 5-7 record throughout 2004. The White Sox acquired Garcia in a deal that sent catcher Miguel Olivo, top prospect Jeremy Reed and prospect Michael Morse.

He is a career 77-50 with a 3.90 ERA, and spent five full seasons in Seattle before being traded to the White Sox.

The new contract is a pay raise for Garcia, who makes 6.875 million this season.

WOW!!! :o

Can't bealive Reinsdork opended the check book for a pitcher..

Nice Job!! :headbang

I hope those folks in 127 behave themselves tonight...  :rolleyes:  :lol:

I received your message via phone, unfortunatly I cannot attend, but I thank you. Gave my tickets away tonight to a friend and his kids. I have tee ball to coach, final game.

Thanks again steff, has jim provided you the update on our friend whom we are checking into?

I received your message via phone, unfortunatly I cannot attend, but I thank you. Gave my tickets away tonight to a friend and his kids. I have tee ball to coach, final game.

Thanks again steff,  has jim provided you the update on our friend whom we are checking into?

Too bad about tomorrow. It's going to be a riot up there tomorrow.. :headbang

Have fun with the kids.

He has not updated me since last week. Although I will be seeing Finny tonight and hopefully getting some more "info". That "friend" of ours is so toast!

Too bad about tomorrow. It's going to be a riot up there tomorrow..  :headbang

Have fun with the kids.

He has not updated me since last week. Although I will be seeing Finny tonight and hopefully getting some more "info". That "friend" of ours is so toast!

He received a call back from marketing explaining a few things.Also my source said that his producers are on it looking for the names. We should know soon on that one. I hope they don't dig up too much!

glad to see your happy with the trade now ace :D

now, here is your new sig, enjoy :lol:

post-10-1088830414222.gif

And it just happens to be f***ing raining tonight, keeping people away, on a half price night no less.    WTF?!?

27K there last night, which has been about the norm. And the people stayed.

I stayed!

Spent the delay in the Bullpen bar, then got a table outside and the Homerun ball almost hit me!

Why didn't you push it foul...?? :stick

We were in the suite last night. Time flies when you're up there.