pavano or maggs???

RiseAgainst07

Pavano will get Colon-like money, probably $10-$12 mil, all that for a guy that is having his first really good year at the age of 28 and has had some arm problems. Last year his ERA was 4.30, and he only had one other good year a while back with the Expos where he only made 15 starts. Give me Maggs. He's an everyday player that would be our #3 hitter and has had an impact for several years now. Pitchers may not grow on trees, but neither do .300 hitters with 30 HR power. Plus he is a homegrown guy, which is always nice to keep. I think our O the past week or so shows that we need to keep him. Plus we already got 2 pretty good starters in Garcia and Buehrle, and Garland looks close to joining them. Now it might be another story if you asked Clement or Ordonez I might have a tougher call, but not in this case.

Pavano will get Colon-like money, probably $10-$12 mil, all that for a guy that is having his first really good year at the age of 28 and has had some arm problems. Last year his ERA was 4.30, and he only had one other good year a while back with the Expos where he only made 15 starts. Give me Maggs. He's an everyday player that would be our #3 hitter and has had an impact for several years now. Pitchers may not grow on trees, but neither do .300 hitters with 30 HR power. Plus he is a homegrown guy, which is always nice to keep. I think our O the past week or so shows that we need to keep him. Plus we already got 2 pretty good starters in Garcia and Buehrle, and Garland looks close to joining them. Now it might be another story if you asked Clement or Ordonez I might have a tougher call, but not in this case.

i agree :D

except about the clement part

I think this is why signing Garcia to the extension during the season was HUGE!!!

I just feel that we got an excellent price for him, I mean Colon was 12-13m a year? Garcia had similar numbers to him, and with the Yankees pitching staff getting up there in age I expect them to throw a s***load of money at FA pitchers (ie, Loiza (sp?), Pavano, etc...). Also the Rangers cleared money with A-Rod gone, and I assume their attendance is up due to their contending, so they will probably be willing to overpay for pitching (I think that Chan Ho Park's contract may also be up, so that will save them $$$$)

Pavano is making 3.8 million this year, so in the off season he will be wanting around double that, we could use the extra 6.4 million left from Maggs and get a quality outfielder, lets say, Randy Winn. I believe he is a Free Agent and is capable of hitting .280 and driving in 75 runs a year. He could make us forget about Magglio except for the power.

Pavano is making 3.8 million this year, so in the off season he will be wanting around double that, we could use the extra 6.4 million left from Maggs and get a quality outfielder, lets say, Randy Winn. I believe he is a Free Agent and is capable of hitting .280 and driving in 75 runs a year. He could make us forget about Magglio except for the power.

.280 and 75 rbi's arent going to make me forget about maggs, try .320 and 110 and another 30 hr's that's alot more like Magglio.

Winn sucks ass. I'd rather just use Borchard then bother with Winn.

I'd rather go after Danny Bautista, who I believe is a FA at the end of the season. He'd probably be a .300 20 80 .750-.800 type player in USCF, though in the end, I would like a good LH stick if at all possible.

As much as I love Maggs,I realise the White Sox can't play these 17-9 softball games once the playoffs start.If Maggs walks,there's more money for KW to spend on pitching.And I would let go of Loaiza,who i'm starting to call "Lousy-a".His last few starts have been nothing to write home about.It may be the time of year for the dead arm,but Loaiza still hasn't pitched like a fraction of the pitcher he was in '03. :cheers :cheers

Screw that pitching stuff. We got Garcia and Buehrle. If we let Maggs walk, I want Beltran. Not only does he give the offense a solid boost, but he helps the pitching with his stellar defense in center. I think we can see from these last few games that we aren't as great an offensive team as we think, and we need to keep Magglio. Yeah, I wish he was cheaper, but we need his stick in the lineup. If we are going to score two runs a game, it won't matter how good our pitching is. Unless we get a pitcher and someone like Vidro or Cabrera, or deal Paulie for a pitcher and get Sexon, I go with Maggs. Or let Loaiza and Schoenweis walk and use that $6 mil to try to get a pitcher.

Screw that pitching stuff. We got Garcia and Buehrle. If we let Maggs walk, I want Beltran. Not only does he give the offense a solid boost, but he helps the pitching with his stellar defense in center. I think we can see from these last few games that we aren't as great an offensive team as we think, and we need to keep Magglio. Yeah, I wish he was cheaper, but we need his stick in the lineup. If we are going to score two runs a game, it won't matter how good our pitching is. Unless we get a pitcher and someone like Vidro or Cabrera, or deal Paulie for a pitcher and get Sexon, I go with Maggs. Or let Loaiza and Schoenweis walk and use that $6 mil to try to get a pitcher.

Beltran will be wanting 16-17 million a year, you really think we will be paying that much to him.