Do you like it now  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it now

• Love it
    • Like it
    • Alright
    • Dont Like it
    • Hate it

I like the trade but I still think it's going to take a while to get over giving up Mo and Jeremy.

We'd be pretty pissed right now if this trade didn't go down. We'd still have a starting pitcher dilemma, and our starting catcher would be on the DL. We have a proven top of the rotation pitcher signed for a few years now; the trades a good one now.

Voted "don't like it"

With the revelation that the Mariners were after Borchard, I've become officially opposed to this trade. It's not from the standpoint that I don't want Garcia. It's from teh standpoint that I don't like what we gave up. The only way I'll ever come around on the deal is by Winning... In the Post Season.... Multiple Times.

I'm not looking to start another debate. I haven't even posted in that other thread.

I had to vote alright because even though we got Freddy, which I love that we did..

We cant rely on Sandy and Burke for the future, and we dont have any catchers we could bring up... so now we need a catcher..

We will be fine for this year but im talking down the road, if we improve on catcher, then the deal was great

Voted "don't like it"

With the revelation that the Mariners were after Borchard, I've become officially opposed to this trade.  It's not from the standpoint that I don't want Garcia.  It's from teh standpoint that I don't like what we gave up.  The only way I'll ever come around on the deal is by Winning... In the Post Season.... Multiple Times.

I'm not looking to start another debate.  I haven't even posted in that other thread.

I also agree with you that I dont like what we gave up after seeing they wanted Borchard, but lets just hope it all works out for us..

Voted "loved it"

I think Borchard has more "superstar" potential (I did like Reed a lot though)

I just think it's one thing to look at "potential" and another thing to look at a proven Major League front end of the rotation pitcher. I just like the fact that KW used minor league and major league potential to obtain a proven pitcher.

I'm still upset about what we gave up, but this makes the deal easier to swallow. If Garcia pitches well this season then I would switch my vote from 'don't like it' to 'alright' or 'like it' depending on how well he does. In my eyes he has done little to help us now, he needs to prove himself with us.

I can’t be angry with KW because he has added a very good pitcher in our pitching staff. Him and everyone else should be thinking playoffs (even more if KW makes more trades) since we know what this team is capable of doing. This is a winning team, there are times when we hit an ugly slump, but every team eventually falls in one once in a while.

I can’t be angry with KW because he has added a very good pitcher in our pitching staff. Him and everyone else should be thinking playoffs (even more if KW makes more trades) since we know what this team is capable of doing. This is a winning team, there are times when we hit an ugly slump, but every team eventually falls in one once in a while.

Yoda, you should switch your Freddy picture to the one on Chisox.com w/ the White Sox hat.

150119.jpg

I hated it when it happened....and now i hate it even more then i did...cuz he signed...and that means less of a chance for my magglio!!!!! so i hate it..and i miss my olivo!!!

We've offered Mags 984983 offers, and he has yet to bite on one. I don't think he wants to come back.

We've offered Mags 984983 offers, and he has yet to bite on one.  I don't think he wants to come back.

Screw maggs i like him in all but we can get some one to replace him that will replace him and put respectable numbers for a mush lower salary.

Personally, I like the idea off having a Garcia/Buehrle 1-2 punch at the top of the rotation for the next three seasons.

Ditto. I'd rather sign freddy then maggs. Keep the stud pitcher instead of the stud right fielder. Now the sox have 2 very good young starters as the 1-2 punch, that's something that's very nice to have. I liked the trade at the beginning but it was hard for me to see miguel and jeremy go but mostly miguel. Now that Freddy is resigned for 3 more years it really makes this deal good for not only the present but the future, way to go kw. :headbang :headbang

Personally, I like the idea off having a Garcia/Buehrle 1-2 punch at the top of the rotation for the next three seasons.

Yeah, but you have to admit that

Unit

Garcia

Buerhle

as 1-2-3 in 2004 and 2005 sounds a lot better and much less unrealistic than you think.

Now that he has been resigned for 3 years and 27 million. Now how do you feel that we got Freddy Garcia for Big Mo ,Jeremy Reed, and Michael Moorse.

Alright.

I'm glad this wasn't just a rent-a-player deal.

Now we need to start winning some damn games.

Yeah, but you have to admit that

Unit

Garcia

Buerhle

as 1-2-3 in 2004 and 2005 sounds a lot better and much less unrealistic than you think.

you really do need a reality check out the whole johnson thing

its not happening

even if JR spent every cent he could on RJ

randys not goin anywhere

if he does, its gonna be really close to arizon and that leaves a lot of options