computer assistance needed

GASHWOUND

My desktop icons fonts are highlighted and can't figure out how to un-highlight them..Its annoying as hell.. I've tried everything in the folder options, fonts button in control panel...the display properties..can't get it to turn off..

What the hell I gotta do?!?! :huh:

and I'm using XP home

It sounds like you have a mouse stuck. :lol:

Do you have that little thing in the middle (the dial) on your mouse? If you push down on it it can do that... double click it like you would your mouse and see if that does any good.

It sounds like you have a mouse stuck. :lol:

Do you have that little thing in the middle (the dial) on your mouse?  If you push down on it it can do that... double click it like you would your mouse and see if that does any good.

nah, that's not it...I checked that, but it's seems fine...Don't know what else to check

That happened to my sisters computer adn they've been higlighted for a while.  Only thing I can think of is right clicking on the start menu and look at the icons portio and see if somehow you can change the display of the icons.

I just figured out how...and found out how by accident...

I went to system properties and clicked on the advance tap

where it says 'performance' you click on settings and you can change it in there..

Now you can tell your sister :D