Garcia In

Soxfest

This deal was done with FG because Maggs is HISTORY, he will be traded as soon as he plays a couple of games. FG is signed to get ALOT of good will about trade and when NOT If, anymore Maggs is dealt. KW will say we tried everthing and he just might have, Maggs biggest mistake is wanting a salary way above his head and not being flexible. I wish Maggs well but to pay him at his age in year 4 and 5 of the deal would kill the Sox down the road. Atlanta being so close in the division may kill the deal, but there is more than 1 National league team with interleague play over to deal him too, he will not go to the AL team and burn us later in 2004 in the playoffs If we meet Maggs in the World Series then so be it, IMHO.

It's not that he's underappreciated its that most of us recognize that if we sign him for $14-$15 million it will make it so we have to let go a couple other major contributors. Those who think we should be paying Maggs this much better have an idea of who they think we should dump in order to keep salaries at JR levels.

I can't believe Maggs is so underappreciated by some.

Why does he not deserve big bucks?

I pray the Cubs sign him. I wanna see him stick it up

Reinsdork's butt.

Explain why Maggs deserves Vlad money

Maggs should be traded if the Sox know he's turned down their best final offer. The Dodgers could still use him, the Mets could, there's a lot of NL teams close enough to the playoffs to make a good offer to us.

But I won't boo him. It's free agency, he gets to go where he wants. Maggs never dogged it and won a lot of games for us. I do hope he doesn't relocate 8 miles north, tho.