Why Not to worry about the Sox?

maggsmaggs

We are 1 1/2 games out of first without our best player.

We are playing our worst baseball of the year currently and are 1 1/2 games out

The Twins have played their easy part of their schedule

We have played our hard part

The last 2 week of the year the Twins come to us for 3, then to Clev. for 4, then to Yankee Stadium for 3, then at home for 3 against the Tribe. We have a shot to pick up 3 games there. By then the Tribe will be out of it and the success of their season will be knocking a team out of the playoffs.

We, on the other hand, play Detoit-3, Minny-3, KC-4, DET-3, then KC-4; doesn't get much easier.

Did I mention we are only 1 1/2 games out without our superstar. Everyseason has ups and downs, last week we were on top of the world. When Magglio comes back we will have more ups than downs and win the division. We are fine and we will have a second half surge like usual. Any thoughts?

We are 1 1/2 games out of first without our best player.

We are playing our worst baseball of the year currently and are 1 1/2 games out

The Twins have played their easy part of their schedule

We have played our hard part

The last 2 week of the year the Twins come to us for 3, then to Clev. for 4, then to Yankee Stadium for 3, then at home for 3 against the Tribe.  We have a shot to pick up 3 games there.  By then the Tribe will be out of it and the success of their season will be knocking a team out of the playoffs.

We, on the other hand, play Detoit-3, Minny-3, KC-4, DET-3, then KC-4; doesn't get much easier.

Did I mention we are only 1 1/2 games out without our superstar.  Everyseason has ups and downs, last week we were on top of the world.  When Magglio comes back we will have more ups than downs and win the division.  We are fine and we will have a second half surge like usual.  Any thoughts?

:notworthy

I think they'll make a run, but it's ridiculous to go sweep the Twins and then tank it for 4 games.  They need a wakeup call.

That’s the problem with this team. They were red-hot before the Sox vs. Cubs series but all of a sudden everything goes downhill. I am really getting sick of hearing people saying that we have a tough first half. So what? If we manage to beat such teams as New York, Anaheim, and Texas then we can go to the playoffs, but if we can’t beat teams such as Seattle or Toronto, than we aren’t going anywhere.

A 3 game losing streak I can live with, but 4 is enough! It is pathetic and things won’t get any easier.

I think they'll make a run, but it's ridiculous to go sweep the Twins and then tank it for 4 games.  They need a wakeup call.

Every team goes through stretches like this.

The team that the Sox tanked it against this past weekend is now tanking it against the Brewers.

It's a long season, and no team is going to be "on" all year.

I'm just watching the games and hoping for the best, like always.

I think it's going to be all right.

( fingers crossed )

A 3 game losing streak I can live with, but 4 is enough! It is pathetic and things won’t get any easier.

Easy big guy!!! :lolhitting

They will be just fine. Every team goes through these stretches. They don't have Maggs, they've come through a HUGE and TIRING weeklong stretch of games against their rivals, they will get it back on track big time this week. I'm expecting a couple of double digit run games. No need to worry.

The thing that really pisses me off about this are some of the people on here. Last week when we're on the little winning streak, people were going insane. Everyone was talking like they might as well hand us over the World Series rings and trophy right now.

People kept trying to ground those people, saying that the season IS a long one, and that we would probably go on a little down fall again. They obviously didn't listen.

Now that we lose 4 games in a row, the sky is falling. Now it's like we're going to finish with the worst record in baseball.

I could go so much deeper into this point, but I'm absolutely tired of it.

Easy big guy!!! :lolhitting

They will be just fine.  Every team goes through these stretches.  They don't have Maggs, they've come through a HUGE and TIRING weeklong stretch of games against their rivals, they will get it back on track big time this week.  I'm expecting a couple of double digit run games. No need to worry.

You don’t really need double digits in order to win games :bang

All you need is good pitching, good defense, and some good offense. That’s it. The Sox have done that plenty of times but there are times when they just forget about it. You take 2 out of 3 from every series then you’re in the playoffs. Of course, the Sox may not be capable of doing that all of the time, but at least they tried. Does it look like they’ve been trying as of late?

I agree greasy. We're probably gonna lose 65 games this year. We're at 37. We have a history of getting hot after the AS break an into early September. If they can keep their heads out of their butts we'll be fine.

The thing that really pisses me off about this are some of the people on here.  Last week when we're on the little winning streak, people were going insane.  Everyone was talking like they might as well hand us over the World Series rings and trophy right now.

People kept trying to ground those people, saying that the season IS a long one, and that we would probably go on a little down fall again.  They obviously didn't listen.

Now that we lose 4 games in a row, the sky is falling.  Now it's like we're going to finish with the worst record in baseball.

I could go so much deeper into this point, but I'm absolutely tired of it.

:notworthy :notworthy

there seems to be more and more of this stuff happening each week, it's terrible.

While i agree, i'm not to happy with how they've been playing, you know they can't stay like this, they'll make their runs, like always.