ESPN 1000 reporting...

SoxFan562004

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am tired of hearing about Maggs, when he wants to re-sign, make a post about that, until then, I am tired of hearing about his demands and what he wants in his deal...In fact I could give a s*** less anymore, to me he is now a primadonna by his willingness to publicly discuss the deal while KW is not talking about it at all.  How about playing in a game again this year before signing off our future to suit your demands of 70 million.

You are wrong about KW not discussing it. He discussed it last week when Maggs was away from the team. He mentioned the offer was close to what Maggs asked for, but there was some protection for the team for the fifth year. KW was the one who went public first.

When did I wish for injuries? I just said the truth, Brown is hurt, and that's a fact. The 2004 Twins aren't the problem, we've nailed them. The problem is the quality teams we are playing now, and our O is in a funk. How about we get to a playoff game before we worry about scoring on them? It's not like we've never scored runs before. Chill out.

If, in fact, we don't win the AL Central, then blow this whole f***ing team up discluding Buehrle, Garcia, Garland, Marte, Shingo, Thomas, Uribe.  Konerko and Lee gone.  Get them off of our hands.  Go out and get JD Drew or Carlos Delgado.

I don't think the team should be blown up because another Kids Can Play will kill this franchise.......But if Sox don't make playoffs in 2004......I can't even fanthom the possiblity of that happening.

Not after 2002-2003 debacles, you'd think these guys have learned that tough lesson. :puke

If, in fact, we don't win the AL Central, then blow this whole f***ing team up discluding Buehrle, Garcia, Garland, Marte, Shingo, Thomas, Uribe.  Konerko and Lee gone.  Get them off of our hands.  Go out and get JD Drew or Carlos Delgado.

We have to get drew in the off-season no matter what. He is a left handed power bat that can hit tough righties.

Has everyone forgotten how injury prone Drew is? Even when he was healthy, he wasn't THAT great before this year. One year was solid, but it was only like 100 games. He's got some talent, but he is going to get way to much money, and I'd rather not see a $10 mil a year player sitting on the DL, which is bound to happen if we get him.

We have to get drew in the off-season no matter what. He is a left handed power bat that can hit tough righties.

No, you build around pitching. Buerhle and Garcia are in place. You use Magglio's money to get a BONA-FIELD ace. If Garland is still here, hopefully he grows a pair and becomes an excellent #4.

I LOVE Drew at 4 Mill, but since he's having an MVP (in a world without Berroids, of course) type season, you just KNOW Boras is going to get him a huge contract in the off-season. With his health history, NO WAY.

No, you build around pitching.  Buerhle and Garcia are in place. You use Magglio's money to get a BONA-FIELD ace.    If Garland is still here, hopefully he grows a pair and becomes an excellent #4.

I LOVE Drew at 4 Mill, but since he's having an MVP (in a world without Berroids, of course) type season, you just KNOW Boras is going to get him a huge contract in the off-season.    With his health history, NO WAY.

I agree with everything you said, just guess i have always liked drew. We do not need him next year in particular, but someone like him such as a left handed power bat.

For once Brando, you and I agree. I still think you need to try to keep Maggs. The lineup looks lightyears better with him in the #3 spot. If he gets $15 mil a year somewhere else fine, but I better not see him sign somewhere for less than 5 years at $70 mil somewhere, otherwise Reinsdorf and I might have some words. :stick If he does go, getting Pavano or Clement would be huge, Perez or Radke would be solid too. Maybe grab someone like Vidro if we sign the latter two, I wouldn't think they would get as much money as the previous two. Maybe Reinsdorf will see the team starting to show signs and will sign one of those pitchers AND get Maggs! :headbang

You are wrong about KW not discussing it. He discussed it last week when Maggs was away from the team. He mentioned the offer was close to what Maggs asked for, but there was some protection for the team for the fifth year. KW was the one who went public first.

Excuse me, but ALL YEAR LONG Maggs has been talking about it and KW has been refusing to. Now KW says something and he "went public first". Not. :headshake

Excuse me, but ALL YEAR LONG Maggs has been talking about it and KW has been refusing to.  Now KW says something and he "went public first".  Not.    :headshake

KW was the one who announced they would not be talking about it. That remained status quo, until KW mentioned the offer again. People were wondering if the organization was going into the "well, we tried" mode.

KW was the one who announced they would not be talking about it. That remained status quo, until KW mentioned the offer again.  People were wondering if the organization was going into the "well, we tried" mode.

Supposedly they had an agreement to keep it out of the media. However, Maggs was always spouting off about this or that. Then they'd go ask KW and he'd say he wasn't talking about it. This went on for two months. Finally, Kenny spoke and now he's getting ripped for it. I don't get it. :huh