Randy Johnson might be available

CSF

Bruce Levine just mentioned that KW talked to Arizona's GM (Garigiola Jr???) last week about Johnson being available. He was told that Johnson wasn't available at that time, but during that time, that could've changed. Hmm.....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have called for Randy since forever

Randy or Beltran is absolutely needed for this team to have a chance

And do not tell me Randy is old....I will bet anyone here a nickel that Randy will be pitching very well next year too....the great ones do it despite their age

I have called for Randy since forever

And do not tell me Randy is old....I will bet anyone here a nickel that Randy will be pitching very well next year too....the great ones do it despite their age

Well i will tell you he is old, in baseball terms anyway, but he can still pitch excellent and that is all that matters.

No.

Beltran is a luxury. Unit is a necessity (if Sox want a legitimate WS shot).

A pitcher is always more valuable in the playoffs than a positional player - unless we're talking about Bonds, in which case it's close.....but they could always pitch around Bonds - whereas opposing hitters can't "hit around" Unit when he is ON his game.

He would make Garcia and Buerhle better by default by pushing them back and taking some pressure off them, and would give you a better chance to win in Games 1 and 4 of ALDS.

But then, I am not saying anything here that I haven't said in other threads, am I? :D

It would be incredible for are roatation in the playoffs was Unit,Mark,Freddy,Estey. Garland could come out of the pen.

You're looking way ahead into ALCS.

I am more concerned with what the hell Sox are supposed to do to get past Boston/NY in a short series.

Once in ALCS, the season can already by called a "success" (hopefully Sox can take a couple of games there) even if World Series aren't reached.

But ALDS? That makes me nervous.

Yeah, but he is going to cost us...BIG TIME

What's your point? We already gave up our #1 prospect and our future catcher for a pitcher that has not given us fewer then 4 ER in any of his starts(though he has only made 2 starts).

Johnson also makes $16 mill a year for the next two years.

May as well go for it all. Worst case scenario, we lose the division, along with Maggs, and we probably trade away Lee and/or Konerko to have some money to pay for Johnson and Garcia. We are in a retooling phase...like we are year in and year out practically. Best case scenario...we go to the playoffs, we win the ALDS, win the ALCS, and I suppose win the World Series too. We become the kings of Chicago again.

What's your point?  We already gave up our #1 prospect and our future catcher for a pitcher that has not given us fewer then 4 ER in any of his starts(though he has only made 2 starts).

May as well go for it all.  Worst case scenario, we lose the division, along with Maggs, and we probably trade away Lee and/or Konerko to have some money to pay for Johnson and Garcia.  We are in a retooling phase...like we are year in and year out practically.  Best case scenario...we go to the playoffs, we win the ALDS, win the ALCS, and I suppose win the World Series too.  We become the kings of Chicago again.

:notworthy

At least 6 of that is deferred.

And half of 2004 is already gone.

And, no, Sox will not become "kings of Chicago" even if they win 3 World Series in a row because Chicago is a Cubbie town.....But making a few serious runs at the Ring in consecutive years can do wonders for tipping the scales a bit and revitalizing the old fanbase/the national interest in the team. Which is all you ask for. Step by step, you can transorm this franchise into something 1st rate.

Bruce Levine just mentioned that KW talked to Arizona's GM (Garigiola Jr???) last week about Johnson being available.  He was told that Johnson wasn't available at that time, but during that time, that could've changed.  Hmm.....

I thought that I read in the Suntimes that it was made clear by AZ management that they have no intentions of putting Randy Johnson on the trading market. Either way, we still made need somebody. I see that Shoney is really taking a dump today. My brother who moved to LA a few years ago has some die hard Angels fans, and they said that they were glad to finally get rid of him. I wonder if Shoney is starting to show his true colors.

I thought that I read in the Suntimes that it was made clear by AZ management that they have no intentions of putting Randy Johnson on the trading market. Either way, we still made need somebody. I see that Shoney is really taking a dump today. My brother who moved to LA a few years ago has some die hard Angels fans, and they said that they were glad to finally get rid of him. I wonder if Shoney is starting to show his true colors.

He is finally showing his colors because he is nothing more than a 5 era pitcher.

i normally don't agree with brando, but i this one, i am with him.

getting rf would do wonders for the sox, on the field and what it could

off the field.

however,what will be the cost???

unlike what we gave up to get freddy, which i did not like, i would

be hard press not to dig deep in order to get him.

on a side note, rj said he would not mind the nyy, i never heard anything

about us.

I'd be willing to let Arizona have there choice of damn near anybody in the farm system Crede or Rowand. They can take Anderson Sweeney Crede Borchard whoever, but I'd love if Finley came over with RJ. :D

l

He ain't here yet, so don't get too excited. It's still speculation,

So it is. You and Cerb need to get over that in a hurry. Are you forgetting where you are? A MESSAGE BOARD!

and it isn't even confirmed that he is gone yet, much less coming to Chicago.

What's this "much less Chicago" s***? Chicago is a great f***ing city, with much more forgiving media and the fandom that makes LEGENDS out of mortals who bring it a (very rare) Championship glory. Mike Ditka has been coasting for 20 years. Sosa is the next greatest thing since slice bread - in NY, he'd be just another Mantle wannabe torn to shreds for failure to hit 50 HR in the last 2 years. And Jordan....

Unit wins a World Series clincher and Daley might as well turn over the key to the city. :lol: