Randy Johnson might be available

CSF

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If RJ goes somewhere, it will be to Anaheim or Chicago...that is honest to god how I feel.

I could see Anaheim definately giving up Shields and MacPherson. I could also see us giving up Borchard, Diaz, Rauch, Sweeney...basically anyone(except perhaps Anderson). I could also see us giving up some major league talent(mainly Rowand, but I could also see Lee or Konerko being apart of the deal to take up some of the payroll).

I think we have enough to get him. It is just now up to who makes the best offer.

This I am sure...he will not end up on the east coast(unless it is the Braves, and I don't think the Braves will get him)

If RJ goes somewhere, it will be to Anaheim or Chicago...that is honest to god how I feel.

I could see Anaheim definately giving up Shields and MacPherson.  I could also see us giving up Borchard, Diaz, Rauch, Sweeney...basically anyone(except perhaps Anderson).  I could also see us giving up some major league talent(mainly Rowand, but I could also see Lee or Konerko being apart of the deal to take up some of the payroll).

I think we have enough to get him.  It is just now up to who makes the best offer.

This I am sure...he will not end up on the east coast(unless it is the Braves, and I don't think the Braves will get him)

I am sorry but I don't see RJ coming to the South Side at all, sure we have enough to get him but that's really like ALL our farm system. As dumb as KW can be at times I wouldn't doubt he would do it. I agree he wants to go for it all but giving up everything for him doesn't make sense. As someone else said before, if everyone was b****ing about Olivo being traded imagine who we will give up for RJ. There has to be other options, not better but other decent ones.

Furthermore, how many people b**** day in and day out about how the sox get no national attention? Keeping that in mind, if asked would he (RJ) want to go to the White Sox or the Yankmees, what do you think he will answer?

However, acquiring Randy Johnson WILL put us over the top in the central and serious contenders, not only for the ALCS but for the WS. It would be great to have him no doubt about it, but if there is someone else available out there who is good and won't take all of our farm system to acquire him, I would say do it.

It would be great to have him no doubt about it, but if there is someone else available out there who is good and won't take all of our farm system to acquire him, I would say do it.

The thing is there really is no one thats gonna be available who is an ace, such as randy johnson. That is what we need if we even want to think about a world series.

The thing is there really is no one thats gonna be available who is an ace, such as randy johnson. That is what we need if we even want to think about a world series.

Comon if Randy Johnson is in trade talks your going to tell me that its impossible to acquire some other good talent? Like I said, your not going to find anyone better but you could find someone good. Off the top of my head, Livan Hernandez, this guy is good and he would really give us some good inngings. Not as good as RJ but atleast he wouldn't rip our farm system into peices.

Comon if Randy Johnson is in trade talks your going to tell me that is it? Like I said, your not going to find anyone better but you could find someone good. Off the top of my head, Livan Hernandez, this guy is good and he would really give us some good inngings. Not as good as RJ but atleast he wouldn't rip our farm system into peices.

He is the foundation of there team, he will not get moved unless if they get a s*** load of talent back.

I am positive that the angels offer shields and mcpherson for johnson. That should just about get the deal done.

The Angels won't trade McPherson, Glaus will leave during FA, and they'll want to use Chone Figgins more as a utility type of player, so they can ease McPherson into 3rd long - term.

I agree he wants to go for it all but giving up everything for him doesn't make sense.

He gave up our top prospect and our future catcher in a deal. He has already state it he wants to go for it. He has that mentality. I doubt we give up the whole farm system. We'll give them talent no doubt. I could see giving them some unlimited potential. I could see giving up a Rauch/C.Young/Sweeney/Diaz/Spidale like guys in the minors. They need OF prospects which we have a ton of. To me that wouldnt be a bad deal maybe even a "potentially good" major leaguer (like a Borchard/B.Davis throw-in)

He is the foundation of there team, he will not get moved unless if they get a s*** load of talent back.

If JR is as close to BSelig as everyone says he is I am sure we could get a good deal for him, sure just because they are close doesn't mean were going to steal him, but atleast he will listen for offers. Just like we can give up some good talent for RJ we can for Livan, except for a lot less of a price.

And a lot less Impact.

Livan Hernandez or Randy Johnson????

:banghead

GO BIG, OR GO HOME. :lol:

I agree go for it all, go for rj. I'm not sure what arizona has in their farm but if they need outfielders, then the sox are a good match. Another "ace" that might be available is Carl Pavano. I'm not sure if he'll be traded but I've heard that florida would be willing to trade pavano or penny for a bat to help them this year. I have no clue if that's true or not but it's something to think about.

And a lot less Impact.

Livan Hernandez or Randy Johnson????

:banghead

GO BIG, OR GO HOME. :lol:

Ok, in reality how much of a chance do the sox have of getting RJ? I don't think much. Now think of the chances of getting Livan, also not much, but if we did acquire Livan since we couldn't get RJ would you be satisfied? I know I would.

Why dont we have a chance for RJ? If he has said he will wave his no trade clause he can be traded anywhere. I changed my stance becasue I said he wont want to come here.

But I now understand that since RJ said he wants to be traded, he can go anywhere. We have the good to trade. More so the Yanks, unless they shell out just a s***load of $$$$$.

It can be done, why think so low???

To me it seems to good to be true. But if you really look at the situation the sox are right up there with the angels as teams that have the best chance to get him. We have a better shot then the bosox and the yanks. Especially with kenny being so aggressive it's possible that we may have the best chance to get him. But still I just don't see it happening because it's way to good to be true.

KW has set this season up to be The White Sox year. Kenny has come out and said he isnt afraid to give away the future for right now. The Sox havent won the whole thing in 80+ years. How can anyone be that mad that we have a GM trying everything IN HIS POWER to get us to that WS and win it?

Im dont really want to bring the Cubs into it, but I think they kinda come into play. There 7 games out right now, and the media here is starting to question if they have what it takes to be that WS team.

While on the Southside, were in 1st place going into the break, and really dont have any drama going on. The city CAN be for the taking. We get RJ this season, I really think the media tied starts to turn in Chicago...

I agree with you and I'm a huge kw backer. Like I said just thinking of rj on the southside is like a dream and until something like this would happen I would never believe it. If rj got traded to the sox it would obviously make the sox one of the favorites in the al. I'm all for going for randy and going for it this year but I just have my doubts that this will ever happen, even though the sox have as good of a shot as anyone to acquire him.

I agree with you and I'm a huge kw backer.  Like I said just thinking of rj on the southside is like a dream and until something like this would happen I would never believe it.  If rj got traded to the sox it would obviously make the sox one of the favorites in the al.  I'm all for going for randy and going for it this year but I just have my doubts that this will ever happen, even though the sox have as good of a shot as anyone to acquire him.

I'm just afraid on what we'd have to give up to get Randy Johnson..we'd be gutted(I think)

Obviously getting a pitcher of this caliber would up our chances 50% of winning the division..but at what price. :unsure:

Well, got to do what you gotta do

I'm just afraid on what we'd have to give up to get Randy Johnson..we'd be gutted(I think)

Obviously getting a pitcher of this caliber would up our chances 50% of winning the division..but at what price. :unsure:

Well, got to do what you gotta do

Well, the dbacks want talent that's almost major league ready, so if we trade with them expect our spects to be from the high minors. We'd probably be left with few quality prospects at aa and aaa. But there is a lot of talent and depth in the lower minors. So we might have to gut the higher minors a little but still would have tons of talent in the lower minors.

We'll earlier I stated IMO who we could give up to pull it off from answering El Caballo's statement ;).

QUOTE (El Caballo @ Jul 12 2004, 10:56 PM)

I agree he wants to go for it all but giving up everything for him doesn't make sense.

He gave up our top prospect and our future catcher in a deal. He has already state it he wants to go for it. He has that mentality. I doubt we give up the whole farm system. We'll give them talent no doubt. I could see giving them some unlimited potential. I could see giving up a Rauch/C.Young/Sweeney/Diaz/Spidale like guys in the minors. They need OF prospects which we have a ton of. To me that wouldnt be a bad deal maybe even a "potentially good" major leaguer (like a Borchard/B.Davis throw-in)

Well, the dbacks want talent that's almost major league ready, so if we trade with them expect our spects to be from the high minors.  We'd probably be left with few quality prospects at aa and aaa.  But there is a lot of talent and depth in the lower minors.  So we might have to gut the higher minors a little but still would have tons of talent in the lower minors.

They'd want Borchard, Munoz, and Diaz obviosly..don't you think..maybe even Sweeney too.. :ph34r:

We'll earlier I stated IMO who we could give up to pull it off from answering El Caballo's statement ;).

QUOTE (El Caballo @ Jul 12 2004, 10:56 PM)

Giving up on that many good prospects would be tough to swallow..

Giving up on that many good prospects would be tough to swallow..

Well we already have ALOT of OF prospects and we have drafted some other OF prospects as well. The only ones in that group mentioned that I would hate to see let go are Sweeney and Young (believe it or not) The others dont excite me much but that's just me. BTW, I dont think we will give up ALL of those people but just making an example. ;)

I've been a Sox fan for over 40 years and yet, I can not remember them being in a World Series ( I was 2 y.o.) If Kenny Williams wants to "go for it" he's got my backing .... 100% .... To hell with "can't miss prospects". Bring Chicago a World Series! South side, of course.

I've been a Sox fan for over 40 years and yet, I can not remember them being in a World Series ( I was 2 y.o.) If Kenny Williams wants to "go for it" he's got my backing .... 100% .... To hell with "can't miss prospects".  Bring Chicago a World Series!  South side, of course.

Yasny, I was 9. If we get Randy effn Johnson, I declare a moratorium on KW bashing. Might be tough to enforce, but it can start with us.

If the Sox can get RJ, I say give till it hurts, and if that's not enough, throw in some cash.

Yasny, I was 9. If we get Randy effn Johnson, I declare a moratorium on KW bashing. Might be tough to enforce, but it can start with us.

If the Sox can get RJ, I say give till it hurts, and if that's not enough, throw in some cash.

Sounds like a plan to me. :cheers