Well, well, well

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus part 2, Kerry Woods is back and the division is ours.

Isn't that a terrible idea... If the guy doesn't pitch tomorrow, he can have an extra week of rest/rehab... I don't know if one game is worth the rest of his career, cuz we know he's going to be feeling the weight of an 8 game defecit....

Isn't that a terrible idea... If the guy doesn't pitch tomorrow, he can have an extra week of rest/rehab... I don't know if one game is worth the rest of his career, cuz we know he's going to be feeling the weight of an 8 game defecit....

Wood will pitch tomorrow cuz Dusty is a f***ing moron!

Thank G-d he's the cubbies manager...they'll NEVER win with Rev. Dusty running the ship!

:fthecubs

The NL central now reminds me of the AL central last year at the break.

I'm stunned that the Astros are 10 and 1/2 games out right now.

Simply amazing.

I know they're getting old and everything, but they have a lot of talent and it's just not translating into wins.

Also, speaking of Patterson, why don't guys like him learn to shorten their swing? Is it really that difficult? If I were him, or another guy like him (ie: Jose Valentin) with a huge, wild swing I might be influenced by the guys who make perennial all-star appearances.

Big ego. There is no cure for it.

Like Valentin (you might as well put all 3 OF into RF because he has no inclination to shorten up and use LF or CF...and because of that folly, will never hit above .260), Patterson will be a career underachiver, barring an unlikely epiphany.

Jeter and Rolen don't have that much batspeed, but they are highly intelligent hitters (mechanically, seeing the ball, knowing how to stay within themseleves and not deviate from a plan against a tough pitcher, etc) and have good plate coverage, making it even more difficult for pitchers to get them out on a cheapie.

Bonds is a different story altogether. Tremendeously quick even for an old guy - and his eye is amazing as well. Valentin and Patterson could be All-Stars if they could ever wisen up and adopt an all-field approach (not likely), but Bonds is just in a different league - even without steroids.

As far as Cards go, I hope to god their GM realizes that by leaving his rotation as it is, he is just asking for trouble - when healthy and clicking (and you never know when that will happen), Cubs are simply a more talented team, and given the fact that Hendry would jump at a chance to jump start his team......Cardinal Gm needs to make ONE killer pitching acquisition (Randy Johnson?) and toally demoralize the Cubs - they may be a more talented team, but a 9 game deficit is too hard to overcome with less than 8-n games left when your opponent is adding more talent at the deadline.

Now who's gonna stop the Cubs in a wild card race is another story altogether. Marlins have turned into crap in the last 2 months and Phillies are heartless. Houston is even worse than Phillies in that respect - Adam Everett and Morgan Einsberg can kiss my ass. Fire Bova, fire Williams.

NLW is too weak, so hopefully 2 of Florida-Houston-Atlanta-Phillies can muster 90+ wins and hopefully Prior-Wood-Sosa are back on DL soon - that way Cubs may never achieve take-off velocity and get shut out of postseason.....something White Sox could really use.

With the loss tonight,  assuming the Cardinals hold on to their lead against the,  Reds.  They will fall to SIX gms behind,  St. Louis.  Add to that they have a 3 gm series coming up in their dreaded house of horrors,  Busch stadium.  If the Cards do what they normally do to the Slubs at home the only chance they might have of making the playoffs is by the wildcard.

Make it 8. They're going belly up just like I said they would.

LMFAO!!

:fthecubs :lolhitting :fthecubs :lolhitting :fthecubs :lolhitting

Wow. The Cards r playin some serious baseball. They're toying with the Slubs right now. One thing i've noticed about their offense is that they're very dependent on the long ball "sound familiar". They have little to no team speed. They don't have anybody outta their regular players that can lay down a bunt. That's where they miss a guy like Kenny Lofton. I don't think people realize how huge he was for them last year. He ignited their entire offense. They don't have a guy like that this year and it's showing.

As far as the Cards go. They're one more quality starter away from owning the entire national league.

The Cubs must be desperate as hell. Kerry Wood is coming back for the Cubs. I have no idea if he will go out there with a pitch limit, but Carpenter will go against him this evening. I am all for a 6 game losing streak for the lovable losers :headbang

The Cubs must be desperate as hell. Kerry Wood is coming back for the Cubs. I have no idea if he will go out there with a pitch limit, but Carpenter will go against him this evening. I am all for a 6 game losing streak for the lovable losers  :headbang

It's not as a result of this weekend or anything. It's been known for a week and a half that Wood was pitching tonight.

f*** YEAH! :headbang

Is anyone else watching BBTN Live from Busch Stadium? They showed the Sox/Mariners highlights, and I guess it was shown over the jumbotron, and the crowd went absolutely nuts after the Sox win. It seems that the Cardinal fans love the Sox - I personally love the Cards too.

Go Cards! Kick some ass, and get out the brooms tonight! :snr

Actually I must admit that I was always indifferent to the Cardinals as I grew up in Northwest Indiana.

But even since I've been living out here in Central Illinois for the college it's impossible to not like the Cardinals...

They are a great team, have a great manager, and if their is any team in baseball that deserves this is them.

Not only that all of their fans are really nice.

I would have to say that my three favorite teams in baseball would have to be the White Sox, the Marlins (born in south flordia also a huge dolphins fan), and then the Cardinals.

They are kind of just a team thats impossible to hate (Unless your a scrub fan, HAHA :lol: )