jimenez running off at the mouth??

baggio202

He was blasted by several of his former Padre teammates. I hope this turns out to be just a rumor because it would be great if this guy could step up and take advantage of an opportunity. You know the Bears and Blackhawks are in a downward spiral, the Bulls continue to disappoint and I don't root for that other team. I'm hoping the Sox will buck the trend this year.

We needn't worry. We have enough studs on the team to put him in his place if he does anything stupid this year.

We have some veteran stars and some young stars who have proven themselves.

He won't act up on the White Sox.

Koch will kick his ass or Daubach if he does. Or even Jose V or Paulie.

here are some quotes from an article where jimenez rips the padres..this is what the pads have to say about jimenez

He's the laziest teammate I've ever played with – that's 10 years," Klesko said.

Said Nevin: "Who is he, anyway? Here's a guy who hasn't done anything and is blaming everybody else."

"Countless times, Phil and I tried to help the kid," Klesko said of Jimenez. "(Manager Bruce) Bochy called him in (to his office) a bunch of times. Nothing you can do for him. The kid has no desire. What can you do? He didn't want to work."

Klesko said another veteran, outfielder Ron Gant, tried to counsel Jimenez last year but was rebuffed. "(Jimenez) told Ronnie, 'You worry about yourself,' " Klesko said. "Ronnie's been in the big leagues 15 years, and that's the type of (expletive) you get."

Give him a chance without this hanging over his head. You never know what the reality of a situation like this. It may have just been a bad match. As long as he plays well here, that is all I will care about.

If he has a bad attitude and plays poorly then we call him Royce and ship him off to Milwaukee :D

I think if there were hints of problems they would have been noticed when he was in AAA last year after the trade. And again when he got called up to Chicago.

Sometimes people get into a rut and if things aren't going well they tend to crawl into a shell rather than work their way out. When that is the case, often a change of scenery and a new chance is all they need.

If he is lazy with the Sox, there are plenty of guys in wait to replace him.

I agree Rex.

The difference with cancer Clayton is he was assured a job.

If Jimenez pulls attitude, we got guys to replace him.

He must have been a piece of work with the Pods, however, for those veterans to rip his ass like that in the media.

I think if there were hints of problems they would have been noticed when he was in AAA last year after the trade.  And again when he got called up to Chicago.

Sometimes people get into a rut and if things aren't going well they tend to crawl into a shell rather than work their way out.  When that is the case, often a change of scenery and a new chance is all they need.

If he is lazy with the Sox, there are plenty of guys in wait to replace him.

I hope that's not his standard method of operation. His stay in Chicago could be short. Rickey Henderson used to pull that s*** to get traded.

We'll have to see - at SoxFest KE said he was considering personality and chemisytry as factors long with the usual things in evaluating a player - so I am giving Jimenez the benefit of the doubt and not be looking for screwups - for our team sake, I hope it all is ancient history from another time and place.