reed vs anderson

RNemz43

Actually, I have seen NUMEROUS untouchable prospects. In fact, almost every team has what they consider an untouchable prospect, or a player they just won't give up, especially for a rent-a-player. Watch and learn as the trade deadline approaches. You will see multiple deals get nixed because one team is unwilling to part with a top prospect. Your above statement is simple incorrect. Lets just say the word on the street is that the Sox are really high on Anderson(much higher on him than Reed, which is why Reed was traded), and won't trade him.

If the right trade came along.......that's what I said and I'm sticking to it. Regardless Anderson isn't the second coming and shouldn't be in the untouchable category.

If the right trade came along.......that's what I said and I'm sticking to it. Regardless Anderson isn't the second coming and shouldn't be in the untouchable category.

Come on. If the Giants want to give the Sox Schmidt and Bonds for Anderson, than of course you would make that deal, but it isn't worth giving up Anderson for a 2 month rental, especially if it was for a marginal player. Realisticly, almost every team has a prospect or 2 that they consider untouchable, whether you choice to believe it or not. At this point, I would have to say that Anderson is untouchable. The Sox outfield doesn't look as bright as it once did, and because of that Anderson is untouchable. Like I said, the Sox were willing to trade one of their top outfield prospects, but it is highly unlikely that they will deal another. The Sox brass is EXTREMELY high on Anderson. It is that simple.

Come on. If the Giants want to give the Sox Schmidt and Bonds for Anderson, than of course you would make that deal, but it isn't worth giving up Anderson for a 2 month rental, especially if it was for a marginal player. Realisticly, almost every team has a prospect or 2 that they consider untouchable, whether you choice to believe it or not. At this point, I would have to say that Anderson is untouchable. The Sox outfield doesn't look as bright as it once did, and because of that Anderson is untouchable. Like I said, the Sox were willing to trade one of their top outfield prospects, but it is highly unlikely that they will deal another. The Sox brass is EXTREMELY high on Anderson. It is that simple.

Maybe during this part of the season with Reed gone I can see him being untouchable. However, during the offseason I see no reason for any prospect to be untouchable unless he is labeled the second coming, which Anderson is not.

Would you trade Anderson along with other pieces for 2 years (or less if Sox are forced to trade him in the off-season out of financial considerations, which are not as likely with the current attendance and revenue surge, but are nonetheless a distinct possibility given JR' track record) of Randy Johnson?

Just curious.

Would you trade Anderson along with other pieces for 2 years (or less if Sox are forced to trade him in the off-season out of financial considerations, which are not as likely with the current attendance and revenue surge, but are nonetheless a distinct possibility given JR' track record) of Randy Johnson?

Just curious.

Brando, I don't think rj is realistic to come here but hell yeah if the could get rj with anderson being the center piece of the deal, c ya later brian. RJ would be f***in awesome to have and I personally would give up a ton to get this guy but I just don't see it happening.

Brando, I don't think rj is realistic to come here but hell yeah if the could get rj with anderson being the center piece of the deal, c ya later brian.  RJ would be f***in awesome to have and I personally would give up a ton to get this guy but I just don't see it happening.

He wasn't speaking as if it will happen, only hypothetically. It's a great point, and basically what I was saying. He just put it better.