Timo

BrandoFan

with that CLUTCH 2-out atbat against K-Rod.

Didn't get selfish, didn't try to hit a HR, and instead of a pop-up, got a 3-run single . :headbang

That's the kind of heroics Sox are gonna need in the playoffs since they won't be good enough to roll people over and just about every at bat will be of critical importance.

Kudos to Konerko, too. Very good approach.

When Mags comes Back then we will have a good Outfielder coming off the bench wheter its Timo OR Rownad. Plus, I don't ever want to see Gload in RF again. If its a decision between Timo and Gload I would go with Timo every week and twice on Sun.

I say Gload leaves and Timo stays for good. It’s not the first time it happens. Remember when he hit that two run HR against the Marlins (or was it a 3 run HR?) and he got the Sox into extra innings and the Sox managed to win. Perez has been big and deserves mucho credit for what he’s done to help this team win.

Timo's defense is s***, and he has a weak arm.

But he has given this team a shot in the arm offensively, and they click when he plays. It's funny, because he doesn't do anything well. He has little to no power, is not fast, and does not have a very good bat(.260-.270 is decent).

We need Timo on this team. He will be huge for our postseason run.

But he has given this team a shot in the arm offensively, and they click when he plays.  It's funny, because he doesn't do anything well.  He has little to no power, is not fast, and does not have a very good bat(.260-.270 is decent).

We need Timo on this team.  He will be huge for our postseason run.

he was huge!!!!!!! for the mets in 2000 and in game1 of the world series that year. he will be huge

I don't think it's terrible - just very, very mediocre. Brian Daubach - now THAT is terrible defense...... :lol:

And his arm is actually not bad at all - better than Pierre's, Lofton's, Patterson's, Willie's.

I am not suggesting he has to be an everyday player here (I wanted him gone a month ago :lol:)......I am just saying that today's hit was Valentin-esque in its momentum-swinging significance. Big-time clutch right there.

Go Timo, I guess. For now. ;)

Timo's been big but IMO Rowand HAS to be our every day starter in CF now. He has more than earned it and been one of our best hitters the past month. However, with Thomas going down we could still use both Timo and ARow and have Maggs or Timo DH occasionally

I say Rowand should play center field and Perez should play right field. Every time I see Gload making signals to Uribe that he has the ball, I get scared he may drop it or even loose the ball because of the sun. Timo in the other hand looks a lot better.

I suppose if there's been a silver lining with Maggs injury, it's been the play of Timo Perez. He was getting crucified on this board a month ago, lots of ppl round here wanted Borch up ASAP, "why did we give up matt ginter for this guy?" etc etc.

It's clutch hitting like that, that will determine where this team goes, if he can pinch hit, and do it well, that will be HUGE for this ballclub. I think he's definitely earned the right to be the 4th outfielder at least when Maggs starts playing.

Gotta say after watching today's game, Timo didn't hav the best game only going 1 for 5, I'll take the clutch hit though (Take note Joe Crede).

Paul Konerko with 4 hits, hitting over .400 in the last 2 weeks the Angels Broadcasters said I believe.

Let's see if A-Row can get something going in the #2 hole for a lil while as well, at least until Uribe gets his stroke back.

with that CLUTCH 2-out atbat against K-Rod.   

Didn't get selfish, didn't try to hit a HR, and instead of a pop-up, got a 3-run single .  :headbang

That's the kind of heroics Sox are gonna need in the playoffs since they won't be good enough to roll people over and just about every at bat will be of critical importance.

Kudos to Konerko, too. Very good approach.

Every time a player gets a big clutch hit that isn't a homer, people assume he wasn't trying to hit a homer. Watch the replay, Timo took quite a hack at it. I'm not saying he was trying to go yard, but still, just because he hit a single doesn't mean he wasn't trying to do more.

Every time a player gets a big clutch hit that isn't a homer, people assume he wasn't trying to hit a homer. Watch the replay, Timo took quite a hack at it. I'm not saying he was trying to go yard, but still, just because he hit a single doesn't mean he wasn't trying to do more.

I did see the replay.

He didn't try to elevate it/uppercut it (as he did all Cubs series long, for instance).

He got a breaking ball middle-in, re-routed his hands and slapped it to RF.

By a Sox player's standard, that was a good at bat.

Hey im just glad that we won the game and actually HIT the ball and scored some runs today... I dont care if he was trying to hit the ball out of the park... we came back and won, and when you lose 5 in a row, and havent score more than 2 runs in the last 6 games, a comeback win is huge :headbang :headbang :headbang

Clutch hitting by Timo, yes. But, it looked he dogged it on one flyball that went over his head out there. I don't know if he was daydreaming, misread it or what. But he should have had that ball.

And Paulie! Wow. Good game by him. In his 2nd at bat, I think, he crushed one foul which sent the count to 0-2. The next pitch he went with it and politely deposited it into CF for and RBI single. Great piece of situational hitting.

Clutch hitting by Timo, yes.  But, it looked he dogged it on one flyball that went over his head out there.  I don't know if he was daydreaming, misread it or what.  But he should have had that ball.

And Paulie! Wow.  Good game by him. In his 2nd at bat, I think, he crushed one foul which sent the count to 0-2.  The next pitch he went with it and politely deposited it into CF for and RBI single.  Great piece of situational hitting.

TWO rbi single!

lol yes. Generally the word "cannon" though.

Rowand although I think doesn't have the same arm he's had in the past.

He is only 26, you think his arm just fell off. He still has the same arm i have always seen. But he still has this one problem, and that is he has problems picking the ball up. He bobbles it way to often.