Tim Kurkjian

bo_chi_sox

Anyone see that he said that Konerko should have been an All-Star and not Matsui. Because hes the only actual first baseman in the AL on the All-Star roster.

Also on a side not is Donnie Sadler playing for AAA Charlotte?? I kno there is Futures Board but this is jus a quick question

Harvey has been solid but giambi on the other hand. :puke

Harvey has been very solid, true, but I didn't know that solid players on terrible teams = All-Star berth.

Kong has been robbed and its a f***ing shame.

At least with Frank Thomas, you could say that he is a DH and should lose points because of that (BS) and because he is mired in a big slump right now......With Kong, no way.

Our lone representative is a pitcher with a 4.77 ERA and our 21 HR man isnt going. Figure that one out.

I was thinking about that today at work. The All-Star game is BS, and I don't even think it's that much fun to watch, that's just me though.

Anyhow, here's the list of White Sox players in order of deserving an All-Star appearance

PK

Big Hurt

Shingo

Buerhle

Uribe

Loaiza

Lee

I would say you can even Maggs maybe, but to have just Loaiza is a joke.

Tim Hudson cant participate so you know what that means. MORE YANKEES !!! Javier Vazquez will take over.

No surprise there.

And ya, now that someone mentioned it, Valentin has arguably better numbers than Derek "I'm the Most Overrated Player Ever" Jeter. But whaddya gonna do. Oh well. Yankee fans are retarded. I had a couple friends try and explain to me why they voted for Giambi over PK, Thomas, Ortiz and Harvey the other day. It was hilarious

Fans should not be allowed to vote, bottom line...

Thats what ruining the All Star Game... People get on the internet and vote a million times for their favorite player rather than stats...

The All Star game is a popularity contest, its pathetic, and I never watch it..

I watch the HR derby, but the game itself, im not interested... If I wanna watch the Yankees play Ill wait till they come on ESPN

The Beltran trade cost PK his all star slot.  If Beltran was still with KC, he'd be their representative, not Harvey.  Since he is, and I use the term loosely here, a firstbaseman, PK got bumped.

Very good point. I forgot about that. Man, baseball needs to seriously ditch this one guy from every team has to go bulls***.

If there's going to be a lower limit of 1 per team, then there does need to be an upper limit of maybe 4 or 5 per team.

If it's 1 per team, then each team can have a maximum of 5 players. They can have more if more than 5 are elected by fan voting (either as a starter or as a 32nd man).

You could still have scenarios with a team having 7 in that case, but it wouldn't be as likely.