Garland

Loaiza21

im really begining to be very confidant in garland.... i think in the second half he is going to have a #3 starter type of second half

i think thats where john can be and has been showing he will soon be (as in really really soon)

this kid is begining to really tear it up IMO

im really begining to be very confidant in garland.... i think in the second half he is going to have a #3 starter type of second half

i think thats where john can be and has been showing he will soon be (as in really really soon)

Agreed. In fact, If we were to go into a playoff series tomorrow, Garland would pitch in game 3, without a doubt. Loaiza has pitched himself out of the top three. Garland - go get 'em tomorrow buddy! :snr

If he was able to shut down the Twinkies after the first inning, than he can do the same with Seattle. The Sox need revenge BIG time from these guys. A sweep might be asking for too much, but you never know what might happen. Here are the starting pitchers for the weekend.

Friday

J. Pineiro (4-9) 4.50 ERA

J. Garland (6-5) 4.61 ERA

Saturday

M. Thornton (0-1) 7.11 ERA

M. Buehrle (8-2) 4.15 ERA

Sunday

J. Moyer (6-5) 4.24 ERA

F. Garcia (5-8) 3.42 ERA

If he was able to shut down the Twinkies after the first inning, than he can do the same with Seattle. The Sox need revenge BIG time from these guys. A sweep might be asking for too much, but you never know what might happen. Here are the starting pitchers for the weekend.

Friday

J. Pineiro (4-9) 4.50 ERA

J. Garland (6-5) 4.61 ERA

Saturday

M. Thornton (0-1) 7.11 ERA

M. Buehrle (8-2) 4.15 ERA

Sunday

J. Moyer (6-5) 4.24 ERA

F. Garcia (5-8) 3.42 ERA

I think Freddy Garcia is the one to watch. You know when you pitch against your former team, you get that extra agredaline (sorry tried to spell it) going for you. I can't wait to see Olivo play too. :) :headbang

I think Freddy Garcia is the one to watch. You know when you pitch against your former team, you get that extra agredaline (sorry tried to spell it) going for you. I can't wait to see Olivo play too. :) :headbang

I think MO is on the DL with kidney stones.

Damn your right. Totally forgot about that. Oh well... ;)

Well... it won't be the last time we see Seattle this season. The Sox will play them once again on September 3-5. The games take place here at home. So hopefully by that time we will see big MO :)

Don't be fooled by his last start. How many times have we thought to ourselves "He's finally gettin it"? He better go out and dominate tomorrow. This is the worst offense in the al. Anything less than 3 runs in 7 innings or so is crap.

Don't be fooled by his last start.  How many times have we thought to ourselves "He's finally gettin it"?  He better go out and dominate tomorrow.  This is the worst offense in the al.  Anything less than 3 runs in 7 innings or so is crap.

I know the 'age' factor is running out on Jon, but he's still only 24. IMHO, right around the ages 24-26, pitchers really start to get it. Hopefully since Jon has been in the majors for a while, he can get it a bit sooner.

IMO, Jon will finish the season with an ERA below 4.20 (knock on wood).

Don't be fooled by his last start.  How many times have we thought to ourselves "He's finally gettin it"?  He better go out and dominate tomorrow.  This is the worst offense in the al.  Anything less than 3 runs in 7 innings or so is crap.

Shut the hell up. We've been smoking the ball, without our best hitter for most of the year, and got 9 runs today. We had a bad week. End of story. Garland's last few starts before that weren't too bad either. His start against Montreal was dominating, Ozzie just should have taken him out for the 9th. The game before that he got victimized by some weak defense, would have been fine other than that. You got to go back a few start to find a game where he was absolutely rocked(Philly).

Shut the hell up. We've been smoking the ball, without our best hitter for most of the year, and got 9 runs today. We had a bad week. End of story. Garland's last few starts before that weren't too bad either. His start against Montreal was dominating, Ozzie just should have taken him out for the 9th. The game before that he got victimized by some weak defense, and even with that he allowed about 3 earned in 6. You got to go back a few start to find a game where he was absolutely rocked.

Listen you big, Dildo. Don't tell me to shut the hell up. YOU SHUT THE HELL UP. 2nd. I like Garland. But don't kid yourself. He's as inconsistent as they come. Until he starts showing that consistency that all QUALITY pitchers do I will continue to bash. I'm sick of the excuses. He's too young, Jerry Manuel is f***in with him, etc, etc, etc.

When you call us the worst offense in the AL when we are 6th out of 11 in runs scored, even after a week where we had no offense, you clearly need to either stop talking or get smacked up the side of the head. Since I am I non-violent in nature, I suggested the first option.

When you call us the worst offense in the AL when we are 6th out of 11 in runs scored, even after a week where we had no offense, you clearly need to either stop talking or get smacked up the side of the head. Since I am I non-violent in nature, I suggested the first option.

Us? What the hell r u talkin about. He's goin up against the, Mariners tomorrow. That's what I meant by worst offense in the american league.

I will agree with you about Garland, he still has problems now and then, but it is better than it has been. He's starting to get more starts where he dominates for long stretches, but he has problems in one inning. That Cub game really aggravated me. Garland was pitching pretty well, and the team forgot how to catch flyballs. It seems like it is getting to be only 1 out of 5 starts where he has nothing now, instead of 3. As a side note, I think the title of worst offense in the AL goes to KC. They're pretty terrible without Beltran.

I will agree with you about Garland, he still has problems now and then, but it is better than it has been. He's starting to get more starts where he dominates for long stretches, but he has problems in one inning. That Cub game really aggravated me. Garland was pitching pretty well, and the team forgot how to catch flyballs. It seems like it is getting to be only 1 out of 5 starts where he has nothing now, instead of 3. As a side note, I think the title of worst offense in the AL goes to KC. They're pretty terrible without Beltran.

I agree. It seems to me that Garland is generally, if slowly, improving. He's beginning to learn how to get over those mental lapses he's had in the past. He's not there yet, but he seems to be making strides.

true those 6 out of 16 were pretty bad, one 10 run outting, a couple of 5 run outings, couple of 4 run outings

but still, those 10 out of 16 were pretty damn good

ill take 10 out of 16, with improvement on the horizon, with a smile of contentment ;)