Question

OSUBUCKS2

Is Thomas officially on the DL yet?

If he does, i suggest they bring up Borchard to play DH/RF with Maggs.

On a side note, how come the sox would activate a postion player (Maggs) and demote a pitcher? Why does Ben Davis deserve to be on this team more than Felix Diaz?

1. ozzie likes having 3 catchers

2. his relationship with garcia had something to do with it

3. diaz needs to be starting in aaa until scoty loses his job or gets it back for sure

im thinkin that these are the three reasons

and yeah, its time for borchard

Is Thomas officially on the DL yet?

If he does, i suggest they bring up Borchard to play DH/RF with Maggs. 

On a side note, how come the sox would activate a postion player (Maggs) and demote a pitcher?  Why does Ben Davis deserve to be on this team more than Felix Diaz?

How about Jamie Burke! I am not sure he even should be allowed to play AA ball

from chisox.com

"Coming soon? With Frank Thomas apparently destined for a trip to the disabled list and the White Sox set with 11 pitchers before the All-Star break, a Joe Borchard callup could be on the horizon this weekend. The South Siders held on to the talented 25-year-old in a recent trade with Seattle for Freddy Garcia, and the switch-hitting centerfielder is paying big minor league dividends.

Borchard knocked out his 16th home run and 19th double during Triple-A Charlotte's 4-0 victory over Buffalo on Wednesday. Borchard has 48 RBIs and could be an added boost for the team's recently sagging offense. "

from chisox.com

"Coming soon? With Frank Thomas apparently destined for a trip to the disabled list and the White Sox set with 11 pitchers before the All-Star break, a Joe Borchard callup could be on the horizon this weekend. The South Siders held on to the talented 25-year-old in a recent trade with Seattle for Freddy Garcia, and the switch-hitting centerfielder is paying big minor league dividends.

Borchard knocked out his 16th home run and 19th double during Triple-A Charlotte's 4-0 victory over Buffalo on Wednesday. Borchard has 48 RBIs and could be an added boost for the team's recently sagging offense. "

im pretty excited about the prospect of borchard in CF soon(or any field)...he might just provide that left handed power this team drastically needs

im pretty excited about the prospect of borchard in CF soon(or any field)...he might just provide that left handed power this team drastically needs

i think Borch would play RF. Rowand has better range in CF

BTW, does anyone know how Borchard is from each side? Like what side does he have more power from and hits for a higher average from

yeah, id want borch in right also

this is what my line ups would look like while frank is on DL and maggs is building strength

Harris - 2B

Lee - LF

Maggs - DH

Kong - 1B

Jose V - SS

Rowand - CF

Borchard - RF

Crede - 3B

Sandy / Burke / Davis - C

and

Rowand - CF

Lee - LF

Maggs - DH

Kong - 1B

Jose V - SS

Uribe - 2B

Borchard - RF

Crede - 3B

Sandy / Burke / Davis - C

i think Borch would play RF. Rowand has better range in CF

BTW, does anyone know how Borchard is from each side? Like what side does he have more power from and hits for a higher average from

He's better from the lefthanded side.

If Thomas gets the word from the Dr that he doesnt need Surgery, then I say we send him to the DL and let them make that ankle as good as possible and call up Borchard to take his place..

Let him get some time with the club and see if he can do it this time, and if he cant well Thomas will be back soon anyway but if he goes nuts, damn what would we do then??

Maybe it Makes a Maggs trade even that more inticing

He's better from the lefthanded side.

which is good because you usually face more RH pitchers..

I think its time to give Borchard a shot to prove to everyone why Jeremy Reed was expendable and JB was not given away..

If Thomas gets the word from the Dr that he doesnt need Surgery, then I say we send him to the DL and let them make that ankle as good as possible and call up Borchard to take his place..

Let him get some time with the club and see if he can do it this time, and if he cant well Thomas will be back soon anyway but if he goes nuts, damn what would we do then??

Maybe it Makes a Maggs trade even that more inticing

with franks problem, time off wont help much... the bone chips are there and the shots are to try to deal with the inflamation

its best to just get it over with and begin the 6 weeks off now

you dont wanna trade your other offensive star in the wake of this either, if anything, it makes a maggs trade less likely

Aboz, you say Borchard is a better left-handed hitter, but is he drastically worse hitting from the right side (like Jose Valentin last year vs. righties), or just a little bit worse?

And I for one would be really excited to see Joe Bo given a shot at the big leagues again. Then everyone would stop staring at the back of my jersey saying 'Who's Borchard?'. :lol:

I'd like to see Borchard in the lineup right now. And someone mentioned sending Burke down and got one of these: :stick Burke almost cost us that game today with his defense. He was horrid in those first 2 innings.