Don't throw it back

Goober

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this. If you have no intentions of keeping the ball and don't want it to begin with then GET THE f*** OUT OF THE WAY!!

How about....no?

And I have nothing against a HR hit by a Sox - if I get a chance to catch it, I'll keep it. I am not anti-baseball per se. :lol:

But the ball hit by a no-name opposing player? That sucker is going back, with style.

I wish.  This is boring and I have 2 1/2 hours to kill :angry:

I feel your pain. Days like today I could just as easily work from home. I simply don't understand why they don't agree I can work from the lounge chair in the pool.. :lol:

And I have nothing against a HR hit by a Sox - if I get a chance to catch it, I'll keep it. I am not anti-baseball per se.  :lol:

But the ball hit by a no-name opposing player? That sucker is going back, with style.

You damn right :headbang :headbang

How about....no? 

And I have nothing against a HR hit by a Sox - if I get a chance to catch it, I'll keep it. I am not anti-baseball per se.  :lol:

Didn't know I mentioned anything about a ball hit by the White Sox, but ok whatever you have to include is fine by me.

Why do you feel the need to catch it if you don't want it? Why even make the attempt to get something you have such disdain for? Why put any effort into that at all? Sorry if that seems to rational for you to comprehend.

Man of Steel why don't you answer this as well. I would really love to hear your own opinion on this. That would be great.

They'll play, you'll just have to sit through some rain again. I've never cared if there's rain delays...as long as they play eventually

I know.. but we have a 5:30am balloon ride tomorrow morning. I don't want to be out till midnight again.. but I don't want to not go to the game.

b****, b****, b****, b****..... :lol:

Didn't know I mentioned anything about a ball hit by the White Sox, but ok whatever you have to include is fine by me.

Why do you feel the need to catch it if you don't want it? Why even make the attempt to get something you have such disdain for? Why put any effort into that at all? Sorry if that seems to rational for you to comprehend.

Thanks southside....you're making same point I tried to make earlier....but I gave up...

Haven't gotten a real answer yet

I know.. but we have a 5:30am balloon ride tomorrow morning. I don't want to be out till midnight again.. but I don't want to not go to the game.

b****, b****, b****, b****.....  :lol:

You want to have your cake and eat it too, i see*

*Note: Not having to put up with a substantial rain delay may or may not be a reasonable expectation :)

530? Wow, is the sun even up at that time? Last time i was up at 530...i was still up from the night before.

*Note: Not having to put up with a substantial rain delay may or may not be a reasonable expectation  :)

530? Wow, is the sun even up at that time? Last time i was up at 530...i was still up from the night before.

Right now... the sun is coming up right about 5:30.

*Note: Not having to put up with a substantial rain delay may or may not be a reasonable expectation  :)

Does this conversation really have to be going on in a thread about throwing home run balls back? :huh

This thread is turning into a travesty, a sham, a mockery. It is a traveshamockery!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I was suprised that it was light out at 5:00 when I had to go to work.

BTW- Isn't it illegal for me to be at work before 7 if I'm not 18? I'm just wondering because I hate when I have to be at work at 5:30 and I'm pretty sure it's illegal.

Indiana child labor law

IC 20-8.1-4-20

Limitations on time and duration of employment

Sec. 20. (a) This section applies only to occupations for which a child who is fourteen (14) years of age or older and less than eighteen (18) years of age must obtain an employment certificate under this chapter.

(B) As used in this section, "nonschool week" refers to a week that contains two (2) or less school days.

© As used in this section, "school day" refers to a day that contains more than four (4) hours of classroom instruction.

(d) As used in this section, "school week" refers to a week that contains three (3) or more school days.

(e) The following apply only to a child who is at least fourteen (14) years of age and less than sixteen (16) years of age:

(1) The child may not work before 7:00 a.m. or after 7:00 p.m. However, the child may work until 9:00 p.m. from June 1 through Labor Day.

(2) The child may not work:

(A) more than three (3) hours on a school day;

(B) more than eighteen (18) hours in a school week;

© more than eight (8) hours on a nonschool day; or

(D) more than forty (40) hours in a nonschool week.

(f) A child who is at least sixteen (16) years of age and less than seventeen (17) years of age may not:

(1) work for more than eight (8) hours in any one (1) day;

(2) work for more than thirty (30) hours in any one (1) week;

(3) work for more than six (6) days in any one (1) week; or

(4) begin a work day before 6:00 a.m.

(g) A child who is at least seventeen (17) years of age and less than eighteen (18) years of age may not:

(1) work for more than eight (8) hours in any one (1) day;

(2) work for more than thirty (30) hours in any one (1) week;

(3) work for more than six (6) days in any one (1) week; or

(4) begin a work day before 6:00 a.m. on a school day.

(h) A child who is at least sixteen (16) years of age and less than eighteen (18) years of age may work until 10:00 p.m. on nights that

are followed by a school day in any occupation except those which the commissioner of labor determines to be dangerous to life or limb or injurious to health or morals.

(i) An employer may employ a child who is at least sixteen (16) years of age and less than seventeen (17) years of age to work until midnight if:

(1) the work will be performed:

(A) during a nonschool week; or

(B) on days that are not followed by a school day; and

(2) the employer has:

(A) obtained written permission from a child's parent or legal guardian; and

(B) placed the written permission on file in the employer's office.

(j) An employer may employ a child who is at least sixteen (16) years of age and less than eighteen (18) years of age up to forty (40) hours during a school week if the employer has:

(1) obtained written permission from a child's parent or legal guardian; and

(2) placed the written permission on file in the employer's office.

(k) If an employer has obtained written permission required under subsection (j), the employer may employ a child who is at least sixteen (16) years of age but less than eighteen (18) years of age for periods that do not exceed a total of nine (9) hours in any one (1) day and a total of forty-eight (48) hours in any one (1) nonschool week.

(l) A child who is seventeen (17) years of age or older but less than eighteen (18) years of age may work until 11:30 p.m. on nights that are followed by a school day if the employer has obtained written permission from the child's parent or legal guardian and placed the permission on file in the employer's office. A child covered by this subsection may work until 1 a.m. the following day if the employer has obtained written permission from the child's parent or legal guardian and placed the permission on file in the employer's office. However, the nights followed by a school day on which a child works until 1 a.m. the following day may not be consecutive and may not exceed two (2) nights per week.

(m) Children who are sixteen (16) years of age or older and less than eighteen (18) years of age may be employed the same daily and weekly hours and at the same times of day as adults if they fit into any one (1) of the following categories:

(1) They are a high school graduate.

(2) They have completed an approved vocational or special education program.

(3) They are not enrolled in a regular school term.

I was suprised that it was light out at 5:00 when I had to go to work.

BTW- Isn't it illegal for me to be at work before 7 if I'm not 18? I'm just wondering because I hate when I have to be at work at 5:30 and I'm pretty sure it's illegal.

I think all laws like that are for 16 or younger. You're all growed up now son....welcome to the real world where nobody gives a s*** about your sleep or lack there of.

Sounds like you have a good suit.

I don't think I'll start anything though because I work for the University and my mom works for the University so that would not be a good situation. After all, they will probably be paying for my college education. But waking up at 5 was not fun at all.