Brando's Bandwagon

Wedge

Whoa.  Sweet!

The man arrives...

Hey don't get carried away now. Take it step by step. Sox still have to make an offer - and no I am not talking about a phantom, lip-service "offer" that KW may pull off for publicity sake.

Then again, with Sox luck.....Unit's will lose 7 mph the week after putting on our jersey or something. :lol:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey don't get carried away now.    Take it step by step. Sox still have to make an offer - and no I am not talking about a phantom, lip-service "offer" that KW may pull off for publicity sake.

Then again, with Sox luck.....Unit's will lose 7 mph the week after putting on our jersey or something.    :lol:

By "the man" I meant you ;)

I don't think KW will just give a lip service offer. I think he'll make an aggressive bid and then a few counter bids up to a point.

So the offer starts something like Loaiza, Joe B, Rauch\Diaz................

haha Loaiza... no way

ARZ is trying to rebuild because they were dumb enough to trade 7 players for Richie Sexson.... Two being Junior Spivey and Lyle Overbay, morons..

Loaiza wouldnt be accepted by ARZ, i think it would be more them asking for Garland

haha Loaiza... no way

ARZ is trying to rebuild because they were dumb enough to trade 7 players for Richie Sexson.... Two being Junior Spivey and Lyle Overbay, morons..

Loaiza wouldnt be accepted by ARZ, i think it would be more them asking for Garland

Junior Spivey is about to begin making big money and has been injured or sucking or both.

Overbay was a mistake, true. But Sexson is a bigger draw and in the long run will be a better player.

Do tou think Ovebay would have made a difference this year, with the way Gonzo, Kata, Hammock and Cintron stunk it up early in a year and starting rotation and BP falling apart and all.....They are on pace to lost 105 games. With Overbay and without Sexson they lose 90+. Oooh.

In any case, that's a risk you take. Trades don't always work out in your favor, but to call their GM an idiot is a bit extreme.

Junior Spivey is about to begin making big money and has been injured or sucking or both.

Overbay was a mistake, true. But Sexson is a bigger draw and in the long run will be a better player. 

Do tou think Ovebay would have made a difference this year, with the way Gonzo, Kata, Hammock and Cintron stunk it up early in a year and starting rotation and BP falling apart and all.....They are on pace to lost 105 games. With Overbay and without Sexson they lose 90+. Oooh.

In any case, that's a risk you take. Trades don't always work out in your favor, but to call their GM an idiot is a bit extreme.

You do have to wonder what difference the 7 players could have made on the DBacks season, though.

That's a lot of guys to deal for one, and when the one guy you get back goes down, it's obviously going to shine a negative light on the short-term of the deal.

Sexson's abilities notwithstanding, it was a great trade for the Brewers.

Yeah true, but where is Richie Sexson now?

And still 7 players for one is a bit extreme, you mean to tell me if they wouldnt have made that trade they would still be as bad??

I wasnt meaning to say Spivey is like all world or anything, I was just trying to say that 7 players for one is quite a stretch...

Also, look at Milwaukee now, they are in the race for the division and wildcard... of coarse it all depends if they can keep it up or not, but do you think they would be in that posistion if it wasnt for the trade?

I wasnt meaning to say Spivey is like all world or anything, I was just trying to say that 7 players for one is quite a stretch...

Are you telling me you wouldn't trade the entire Charlotte Knights for Bonds and Prior?

Junior Spivey

.272 AVG

7 HR's

28 RBI's

33 Runs

5 SB

(You are right though, he is out for i think a month with an injury)

Lyle Overbay

.337 AVG

9 HR's

61 RBI's

44 Runs

1 SB

Craig Counsell

.262 AVG

2 HR's

15 RBI's

41 Runs

9 SB

Those are the top 3 hitters on the Brewers right now, all on Arizona last year, now helping the Brewers keep pace in the NL Central with 44 - 39 record..

Are you telling me you wouldn't trade the entire Charlotte Knights for Bonds and Prior?

Yeah I would do that, but thats not what Arizona did...

Are you telling me you would trade Uribe, Rowand, Borchard, Rauch, and Diaz for Richie Sexson?

(I tried to make that fit somehow :huh )

And Overbay is probably going to have to be traded in a couple years too with Prince Fielder coming up through the system.

That Brewers team could be pretty solid for quite some time. I just wish their ownership would open up the wallet to keep some of those guys.

And Overbay is probably going to have to be traded in a couple years too with Prince Fielder coming up through the system.

That Brewers team could be pretty solid for quite some time.  I just wish their ownership would open up the wallet to keep some of those guys.

Maybe we don't have the cheapest owner in sports, afterall.

I wouldn't rip AZ's GM for that deal. It's a totally different story if Sexon is healthy. He was destroying the ball before he got hurt. Spivey and Overbay weren't going to get a shot anyways, and Councel was going to be a utility infielder. You gotta realize that these guys are looking a bit better because they would actually play on the Brewers. As for Randy, this is the first I have seen of him actually wanting out, and since it came from New York, I doubt its validity, especially since they mention Clemens, who already turned down a chance to pitch in New York once this year. Even then, the article mentions that Colangelo has no desire to deal Randy. I keep hearing how Randy's contract is cheaper because of deferred money for the last year, but we still have to pay that if we acquire him. His full contract value is that $8 mil this year and $16 mil next year, which would probably limit him to New York, Boston, or Anaheim if Arturo wants to keep shelling out money. It would be nice to have Randy, but do you really think Jerry would give up the cash? IMHO there's no way in hell. They're not exactly penny-pinching, their $68 mil payroll is decent, but the Randy move would push us toward the upper tier, something I highly doubt we will do. Nothing has changed on that front. I agree it would be a huge move and make a major impact, I just highly doubt that it will happen.

That Brewers team could be pretty solid for quite some time.  I just wish their ownership would open up the wallet to keep some of those guys.

Hope Prince doesn't have Daddy's propensity for girth.

Cecil got BIG as he went along....but don't we all?

Or....don't I all, anyway??

:D

I would love to get Johnson, and if he waived his no trade clause there is a legitimate chance the Sox get him.

Colangelo and Steinbrenner, are not all that fond of eachother, for the David Wells incident.

Where as I believe Colangelo and Reinsdorf are friends.

The cost of Johnson will probably be: 1 top pitching prospect, 1 top of prospect, 2-3 mid level prospects.

So probably Rauch, Borchard (Sweeney or Anderson), and 2 other guys.

For Johnson, its worth it. As our staff of Johnson, Garcia, Buerhle, Loiaza, Garland, would be outstanding, and 4 of them would still be signed for next year, giving us a legitimate shot both now and next year.

SB

I keep hearing how Randy's contract is cheaper because of deferred money for the last year, but we still have to pay that if we acquire him

Yes, and IF he greatly helps the process of resurrecting the old Sox Army (1st place team, playoff threat, park renovations, then comcast, rev. sharing.....all resulting in better talent-buying power and even more success in the future - perhaps even culminating in a WS title) and putting the Sox organization back on the national map with his pitching and his name............by the time you're gonna have to pay back the deferred moneys, Sox could very well be the Atlanta Braves of ALC with an annual payroll of 80+ Mill.

Or.....you could play it safe, keep penny-pinching, keep rebuilding....and then wonder why 1999 team barely drew 1 mill and nobody generally gives a crap about the franchise anymore

Yes, and IF he greatly helps the process of resurrecting the old Sox Army (1st place team, playoff threat, park renovations, then comcast, rev. sharing.....all resulting in better talent-buying power and even more success in the future - perhaps even culminating in a WS title) and putting the Sox organization back on the national map with his pitching and his name............by the time you're gonna have to pay back the deferred moneys, Sox could very well be the Atlanta Braves of ALC with an annual payroll of 80+ Mill.   

Or.....you could play it safe, keep penny-pinching, keep rebuilding....and then wonder why 1999 team barely drew 1 mill and nobody generally gives a crap about the franchise anymore

:notworthy