All quiet on the trading front...

CWSOX45

I haven't heard any rumors of late about the Sox making another deal, which leads me to believe that one is right around the corner. Usually when there is nothing to report Kenny pulls the trigger.....

At least I hope I'm right...

CWSOX45

If you have 2 set-up men and a closer with an ERA of 3, statistically, you will win 75% of games you take a 2 run lead into your half of the 7th.

My math might be a little screwed up, but I think that's about right.

Your chances of winning a game with a 1 run lead going into the 7th with the same bullpen is about 30%.

If that bullpen has an ERA of 2, that should jump to about 47%.

If you have 2 set-up men and a closer with an ERA of 3, statistically, you will win 75% of games you take a 2 run lead into your half of the 7th.

My math might be a little screwed up, but I think that's about right.

Your chances of winning a game with a 1 run lead going into the 7th with the same bullpen is about 30%.

If that bullpen has an ERA of 2, that should jump to about 47%.

You made my head hurt... :angry: :lol:

seattle is in need to deal eddie guardado, b/c if he is not traded and plays for them the last 2 yrs, then seattle will owe him a contract worth 17 mil, instead of a contract that he sign for 13 mil.

however i noticed that the gm played hardball and won. i wonder what it will cost us to get him???

I'd love Eddie but what would it cost? As long as it doesnt include any of the big 3 OFs, Honel or Wing (if they can even be traded), BMac, or any player in Chicago that plays regularly then it would be good

as much as i hate and i mean really hate saying this, honel may be thru.

i would like to know who is really considered as our pitching prospect now. rauch, and diaz and cotts aside, who are the future sox pitching prospects?

as much as i hate and i mean really hate saying this, honel may be thru.

i would like to know who is really considered as our pitching prospect now. rauch, and diaz and cotts aside, who are the future sox pitching prospects?

Bmac, Gio Gonzalez, Ryan Wing, and i still wouldnt give up on Honel or Munoz

You can get around it by naming a PTBNL that is agreed upon ahead of time.

Gio shouldn't be traded under any circumstances. I don't know the system that well, but would it be a fair comment to say that Gio has the 'best' stuff in the system? Not to mention his pinpoint control at such a young age, awesome combo.

Gio shouldn't be traded under any circumstances.  I don't know the system that well, but would it be a fair comment to say that Gio has the 'best' stuff in the system?  Not to mention his pinpoint control at such a young age, awesome combo.

I'm not interested in trading this kid, but I am just saying how to get around the one year rule.