Frank Down, Joe Up

Whoah, whoah, Frank's hurt?

I've been away from civilization since wed. night so please excuse me, but what happened?

It's an old injury, from the Florida series probably... Ankle injury... That's why he didn't play on the road in interleague... There's been speculation about him requiring surgery... I hope that's not needed... we NEED frank.

Whoah, whoah, Frank's hurt?

I've been away from civilization since wed. night so please excuse me, but what happened?

He injured his ankle running the bases on June 17th. That is (as they say) the main cause for his horrid slump since then (like 4 for 34).

Now they discovered he's got some chips loose in that ankle. 4-6 weeks. NOT good.

Not good at all. Is Joe gonna be in right tonight?

I just hope they don't let maggs go out there... I'll take bad defense... I can't accept maggs getting hurt in the field because he's rushing back to take franks place...

Maggs should DH the next 3 games... He can play the field after the break..

if frank is on the DL get him that surgery now, we need all the help from the break we can get....franks comments were that it basically hurt like hell and something like his power comes from his ankle haha but anyway it seems like he wants the surgery so might as well get it over with now....lets pray Joe steps it up

I just hope they don't let maggs go out there... I'll take bad defense... I can't accept maggs getting hurt in the field because he's rushing back to take franks place...

Maggs should DH the next 3 games... He can play the field after the break..

Could we take another day of Aaron and Timo in the outfield. I hope so because everytime they say Gload in RF it makes me shudder.

*Shudder*

The Cheat nice idea with Maggs at DH till the All Star Game.

Start running now Joe, ala Forrest Gump, you'll make it to Chicago with plenty of time to spare :lol:

Seriously though where are the Knights supposed to play tonight? Could Joe make it and be available to pinch hit say?

Start running now Joe, ala Forrest Gump, you'll make it to Chicago with plenty of time to spare :lol:

Seriously though where are the Knights supposed to play tonight? Could Joe make it and be available to pinch hit say?

They are playing in Charlotte.

Looks like this will necessitate a trade. No way can the Sox get by w/o Frank's high OBP with Joe Borchard or anyone else in house. Joe B. could fit in nicely in RF and Maggs DH for a while until he gets completely healthy. Though Maggs should be back in RF after the break.

People have talked about a few people--Carl Everett was one. Another person who could fit the bill at DH and help the Sox after Frank gets back is BJ Surhoff. A good avg, OBP, veteran who can hit from the left side. Cheap too.