Hypocracy at it's finest?

EvilMonkey

Anyone else read this story?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor.../ap/girl_s_name

To excert the last few paragraphs:

Democratic state Assemblyman Mervyn Dymally, who had scheduled a protest by civil rights organizations, canceled the demonstration after an apparent mix-up over the girl's racial background.

Dymally was quoted in the San Jose Mercury News Thursday saying the child was "a little African-American girl. Would he (Riordan) have done that to a white girl?"

The girl is white, with blond hair.

Dymally did not return telephone calls. His office issued a statement Wednesday calling Riordan's remarks to the girl "outrageous and irresponsible," then issued another statement Thursday saying, "To err is human; to forgive is divine."

"Race is not a factor in this issue," Dymally said in Thursday's statement, adding that Riordan had apologized a second time. "It is time for us to move on."

So, if he makes this comment towards a WHITE girl, well, that's OK, everyone makes mistakes. but if he had make it to "a little African-American girl", he should lose his job? Maybe this Dymally should lose HIS job by being such a reactionary, and not doing his homework before trying to pull the race card. I am so sick of seing CRAP like this going on.

You're surprised that politicians are idiots?

There's a scene in F 9/11 where he interviews a Congressman, I believe it's Tom Daschle who says "You don't believe we actually read this legislation, do you?"

Funny, I found the 3 preceding paragraphs in the article as amusing:

"Riordan, a venture capitalist who started a foundation supporting literacy, has a reputation for awkward — some might say insensitive — remarks and behavior.

As mayor, he once greeted hunger strikers outside his office eating a hamburger. In a speech to school administrators earlier this year, he told a story about a nun physically disciplining a student that startled some in the audience.

"There wasn't an uproar, but some people felt the comment was inappropriate," said Joseph Jones, assistant executive director of the Association of California School Administrators."

They're all jackasses.

Naw, i am not suprised that they are idiots, i think it goes without saying that most of them are by default! I actually like the hunger strike-burger one. I am just sick of the race card being played, and then TAKEN BACK, when they discovered that the girl was white. I am also sick of everyone calling for people to lose their job for one mistake. As noted in the article, Dymally made a HUGE error by not checking his facts before shouting 'racism!' Should he be fired as well? Geeze, everyone there deserves to be slapped.